Switch 1 bug (Rpg Maker MV)

RogueVic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've set up a chest where you get five random items, it works perfect everytime until I add switch 1 to change to the next page, with the switch 1 active you get six items instead of five and one of the items is guaranteed everytime, even though there is a 1/29 chance of it showing. All other items are random.

The chest is set up with just conditional branches, as follows: (I've made it so you can't get the same item twice)

◆Control Variables:#0002 Items = 0
◆Label:Choose Items
◆If:Items = 5

:Else
◆Label:Reroll
◆Control Variables:#0001 Dice = Random 1..29
◆If:Dice = 1
◆If:Party has Potion
◆Jump to Label:Reroll

◆Control Variables:#0002 Items += 1
◆Change Items:Potion + 1
◆Jump to Label:Choose Items

:End

:End (It then continues exactly like this until all 29 possible items have been chosen)

I fixed this by changing to switch 2 instead but I don't understand why switch 1 wont work, its not being used by anything this is a new game with no plugins active, can plugins still use switches while they are inactive? Should I just give up on switch 1 and avoid using it through out the game?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your event can't be like you say above. You have 4 End statements but only 3 If statements. We can't help if what you show us is not what the event looks like.

Please post screenshots of your event, not just a copy/paste of a little part of it. To take a screenshot, use Alt+PrintScreen which captures the entire event window (we need to see ALL of it), without the background.

Show both pages, and as many screenshots as needed to display all the event commands.

Alternately, if one of the items is guaranteed every time, look at how you have the logic set up around that item - you've probably made a mistake with it somewhere.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its not being used by anything this is a new game with no plugins active,
there is absolutely no difference between switch 1 and any other switch.
if it happens like you describe then that means switch 1 is used somewhere else, you just haven't remembered/found that other use.
OR you have a logic error in your event, and to find that we would need the full event data as shaz requested above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So in my stream for the No Travel Game Jam, I mentioned we were going to do a teaching make a game from beginning to end series of streams, but it had to wait on an announcement I couldn't make yet before I could start... Keep your eyes on our twitter tonight.
Surprise extra Text Adventure session! Feel free to drop by!
I just started parallax mapping. Better results for sure, but a lot more time consuming. It's more fun than I thought though.
After a bit of away time due to virus and friends in crisis (friends get priority!) I think things have calmed enough for me to try to resume my activity everywhere. :kaoluv:(I still been working on projects though!)
After watching 'Whisper Of The Heart' I've got the song 'Country roads' stuck in my head.
Don't mind it so much as that I was singing today at my Church. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insomniel