SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a pokemon styled kind of a game and I've been needing a plugin which I couldn't find, even when combining the effects of separate plugins, which is a plugin which, upon the only battler's death, would allow the player to choose another actor from the party to switch out with the defeated actor and let the battle continue. Else if there are no other actors the normal 'you have been defeated' text would appear and a common event would run once back on the map scene.

I would most appreciate if someone were to make this for me, as I have horrible scripting skills. I'm fine with the plugin being open for the public to use, and I would like if it's available to use commercially and non-commercially, with credit to the creator of course! :3

I also am willing to make you some art for your game if you can create this plugin for me, thank you! >v<

Comment Edit :
Edit 2: Was able to manually get MV to switch out a dead actor for a new one, but unfortunately there is no way to just remove an actor from the battle party and put them in the reserve party. You can also not do conditional statements based on reserved party members. So what I need is a script that would allow those two. So what I need is a script that would allow those two in compatability with Yanfly's Actor Party Switch plugin. :)

Last edited:

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@SmashArtist I know @Rishi Raj Jain is working on a MV version of the "Pokemon Essentials" kit from the VXAce era, but that might not get done any time in the near foreseeable future. (I am also working on a "Essentials" kit, but for SRPGs instead, which I'll likely call "Fire Emblem Essentials MV")

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, unfortunately I had a pokemon-like project waay back, but it got halted due to the same issue I have here. Now I'm planning to make it a little different from pokemon, more simple in a way, so I won't have to worry about the fact that SumRndmDde's pokemon plugins no longer work.

So you're working on some plugins? You know coding? :o

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@SmashArtist Just gathering them. Can't code to save my life, but I figure it would be better to share a sample project that would let others make SRPGs since SRPG Maker has nearly no chance to ever get localized.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which plugins are you using? Depending on what you're using I can suggest a method.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki Well, there are many methods I tried. For one thing I tried plugins to have a common event run once the actor dies, but those only trigger after exiting the battle. I wanted to use Yanfly's Actor Party Switch however, I found no way of being able to manually call on the switch actor scene. :\

Edit: Welp, apparently you can already have something happen directly after the party member has died, which I didn't know, as I don't think MV used to work like that before. So we can ignore my comment about getting a common event to run. One thing I still need is the ability to call up the party switch scene, as well as not being able to select dead actors.

Edit 2: Was able to manually get MV to switch out a dead actor for a new one, but unfortunately there is no way to just remove an actor from the battle party and put them in the reserve party. You can also not do conditional statements based on reserved party members. So what I need is a script that would allow those two in compatability with Yanfly's Actor Party Switch plugin. :)

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rishi Raj Jain Will the switching actor upon death be a separate plugin from the battle system? I don't want to have a battle system exactly like pokemon...

ZephyrAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, so from what I understand here, you want the game to work just as it does with Yanfly's Actor Party Switch plugin, but with the additional feature of letting you switch in a reserve member when an active member dies - yes?

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep. It would also be useful to have conditional checks for reserved party members. Although it's been a while since I have checked the code/eventing for my game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WakeNBake