Switch Actors during battle.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Meemoo, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Meemoo

Meemoo Imagination Puppet Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm trying to figure out how to switch actors when it is their turn in battle. For example, you have 4 actors and it's one of the actors turns. But you don't want to use that actor yet, and you switch to another one and attack with that one instead. I've only seen it happen once before and I'm curious if this is a thing you can do already in MV, because when I try it always just goes in a straight line of actors.

Another question while I'm at it, is there a way to attack first before it is the next actors turn? Normally when you select an attack it goes to the next actors turn, and you choose an attack and then all of your four actors attack at once. But I'd like them to attack once at a time.

2. Kohlskui

Kohlskui A car with no brakes Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there,

I've worked on a way to make the "switch actors during battle" happen in my project too.

Here are some screenshots, so you can see if it's what you're looking for :

Selecting "Switch" in the command menu - http://puu.sh/v6jex/8bc76e7b9d.jpg
    Selecting the four first actors of the party - http://puu.sh/v6jgG/8056685565.jpg
    Selecting the four last actors of the party - http://puu.sh/v6jld/ac41f764e9.jpg
    It's magic! They've switched! - http://puu.sh/v6jqz/5ad71c76ac.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't worked on your question, and I doubt I'll want to add it to my project.

I hope this is what you're looking for.

3. Meemoo

First Language:
    English
    Not exactly, not switching out characters during battle but instead switching between characters already in battle. Like you don't change their position or anything complex like that, I mean just simply choosing from the options of four characters of who gets to attack first. And you can do it anytime when it's your turn.

But I really do appreciate the help.

4. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not a hundred percent sure but try YEP_BattleEngineCore & YEP_BattleStatusWindow, I think with those 2 you can change actors.
    However what you need is something like a free turn system where anyone in the party can go just as long as they can or try STB, which will let players instantly go (a la CTB but it's turn based, it allows for the player's strategy to change over the cousre of the battle, yet is easier to balance compared to CTB.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  5. Meemoo

First Language:
    English
    The STB is awesome and I've already added the plugin. Since it really does fit what I'm trying to look for. But I suppose it might be as close as I'm going to get, I guess I'll have to rearrange my battle strategies so they work together with what I already have. Since it's STB it should be way easier to balance which is sweet. Thank you for your help.

6. jjleroy

jjleroy I love bananas Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, did you find a way to do this? I would love to have that option as well.

7. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There's is no current way to do what the OP ask for as, what you're asking for is an alternative battle system, this is just like asking how to do ATB or CTB in MV. The answer to that question is a plugin that gives the battle system you want.