Switch dependent Weapon stats

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by atasuke10, Mar 30, 2016.

1. atasuke10

atasuke10 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm wondering if it might be possible to make a script that enables you to customize a weapons stats depending on ingame switches. Like elemental attack, resistance, parameters etc.
    Sounds pretty far fetched but I'd prefer it over doing it the hard way, making a weapon for every single possible switch combinations.
    It's not really DURING the use of the weapon i'm looking for. its change before receiving the weapon. Like for example you killed this person and spared the other person, therefore
    your weapon will have more attack but less defense or something like that.
    thank you in advance :)

2. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    You need to work a little more on that explanation you have there, it's confusing. But from what i gather..

The answer is a simple use of Conditional Branch before you distribute those weapons to the player. Pure eventing.

A script that changes the stats of the weapon based on switches isn't going to work without more informations. 1st of all, you need to specified the weapon ID or weapon type ID for the script to work on, then the plus minus of the condition branches and switches is needed to be placed in the script. So in the end, it's the same work as doing it using eventing + extra weapons. You have to choose to either write the script part of the conditions or make the weapons of the conditions. I doubt a script writer can write everything for you without working closely and checking on what conditions you want in this case, especially when it's a free project. Might get more chance requesting this in the classified board.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/55-classifieds/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
  3. atasuke10

First Language:
    English
    My goal was to have the player make choices in the game, and receive a weapon with stats representing those choices.
    So I guess it's just as tedious to do in script as in conditional branches. Then conditional branches here I come.
    The only way to do it that way is make a different weapon for each possible outcome, which just makes me want to... ugh
    But thanks for your help. :)

4. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    Well, think of it as having a chance of naming the weapons one by one and have fun with it.

eg.

XXXX of Cowardice

XXXX of the Brave

XXXX of Magic

XXXX of Fire Breathing

And it will make your player want to play all over again to collect them all as with name tags, they are collectibles. ;)

5. atasuke10

First Language:
    English
    I'll actually end up doing that :D If anything, just to show the player there are many variations they can go

6. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    Have fun with it and good luck with your progress! ;)

atasuke10 likes this.