Awesomeguy2561

Awesome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So here is the event:

Screenshot 2015-10-18 16.59.04.png

What is happening is that the switch 2 is not turning on after I talk to him.

Help?

Last edited by a moderator:

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Put self switch A after that switch 2.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've moved this thread to  Support → RPG Maker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

WorldWakeSTU

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Your self switch is changing the page before the control switch can trigger so it istn even there as far as the game is concerned.

Try moving the self switch to after the control switch

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If self switch A triggering was going to cause switch 2 to NOT trigger, then the dialogue between the two commands would also not happen.

Please show us what is on the second page, and what makes you think switch 2 is not being turned on? Have you actually verified this, by debug (F9)? Or is it just that something else you're expecting to happen due to switch 2 being on is not happening, and you're assuming the problem is that the switch isn't being turned on?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Control switch commands will always work when executed unless a script broke the engine.

Which means either the command is not executed, or something else turns the switch back after that command.

What does that script control? how do you know it's not turned ON? Please also post a screenshot of where that switch is used.

Awesomeguy2561

Awesome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Screenshot 2015-10-21 17.14.48.png

It is still not turning on...(Conversation)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can we please see what's on tab 2 of that event?

Is there anything that could be turning the switch off again straight away? A common event set to parallel process, another event on that map set to parallel process, a script that uses switch 2 for something as a default, that you haven't configured to use a different switch?

Awesomeguy2561

Awesome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Screenshot 2015-10-21 17.31.09.png

This is the second page

Also I don't have any common events, and this is the only switch for this one.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am thinking you have something else that's turning the switch off again. What scripts have you added to your game? Please provide links to them.

Or, if it's easier, you could just zip up your whole project folder and load it up online somewhere and we can take a look.

If you've moved the self switch to after the point where the switch is turned on, and it's still not being turned on, then something else is overriding it.

Awesomeguy2561

Awesome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, I tried using a different switch, and then it worked, so it probably is a problem with something else.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it is probably an issue with a script that is turning off your switch because you haven't configured it. This is the third time I've said this and asked you what scripts you're using. You have yet to answer.

Using a different switch and getting a good result might solve THIS problem, but it's not going to stop others from happening down the track. You need to understand WHY it isn't working, so you can make sure you don't continue to make the same mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.
Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangas