RolandGAMES

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey,

so I wanted to programm a cutscene where a car is driving and the character is getting out of it.

At first, the player has the car sprite and is running across the street.

I wanted to blend out the screen, change the actor sprite, activate an switch which makes an clear event to change to the standing car and then blend the screen in again.

But somehow, even if I got the extra page and the condition of the switch activated, the car is always showing up, even if the switch isn't activated yet.

Can somebody help me?

(I am german, sorry if my english is not that good)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post a screenshot of your event.

we can't tell what you did wrong without seeing what you did, and there are several possibilities (most new users don't understand how page priority works for example, or it could be a wrong logic switch sequence or several other things)

RolandGAMES

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
My programm is german, I am afraid you won't understand much

rpg.jpg

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you give screenshots, please use Alt+PrintScreen to capture the whole window, and don't crop anything away (you've removed the slider bar on the right of your start event's tab 1, so we can't see if that's at the start or the end of the event), and post them as individual images rather than combining them, as combining them reduces the size and makes it difficult to read the commands.

Also, Andar is German so would have no trouble reading those events ;)

My money is on: you've used a script and haven't gone through and checked what switches/variables it uses, and reserved those so you don't accidentally use them for something else, and your script uses switch 1 and turns it on by default.

RolandGAMES

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I changed the switch to 10 to make sure that there are more switches already used and now it works!

Thank you so much!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You still need to go through your plugins and see what variables/switches they use, and then go into a Control Variables/Control Switches command and name them so you don't accidentally do the same thing later, AND to ensure you don't have several plugins using the same switches/variables.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(
Check out my side project! It's a survival dungeon crawler! https://voidmoon-studio.itch.io/depths-of-delmora
RushLog wrote on HarlekinLehl's profile.
how do you attach those images to your posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilCronch