Blackjack488

Unassuming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So...the game I'm building has a lot of actors who can join the party, each filling a fairly-niche role, and so the main strategy of the game comes from figuring out who needs to be in the battle when. To that end, I'm using Yanfly's Actor Party Switch plugin, and the party-switching it provides is a huge part of the gameplay. The problem with that is that actors who have been KO'd can't get a turn in order to switch to someone else, which kind of hamstrings the whole switching mechanic, and makes battles clunkier and less fluid.

To that end, I came up with a sort-of compromise that'd work, where an actor who gets KO'd will immediately be swapped out for a random living party member who isn't in the battle. Kind of like the actors in the battle are the ones doing the legwork, while the rest of the party is waiting in the wings to tag in when needed. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make that happen. As I'm also using Yanfly's Buffs & States Core, this feels like something that should be possible with the lunatic mode of that plugin. Some kind of conditional branching in a Custom Apply Effect, maybe?

In any case, I have no idea, so I was hoping I could get some advice from someone who's a better programmer than I. Any advice is immensely appreciated!

~Blackjack

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Javascript/Plugin Support[/move]

Blackjack488

Unassuming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry about that! Misstep on my part! XD

Blackjack488

Unassuming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That...is a really good plugin extension, actually. If all else fails, that'd definitely be what I end up going with. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

It's not exactly what I was after, though. I was thinking more on an individual actor basis, either as an Apply Effect for the KO state, or during the Regenerate phase of a turn. Pretty much all I'd need to make it work is some kind of script call or plugin command for the Party System that swaps one actor for someone alive and not in the battle. Hell, I could probably event it into a Common Event and use script calls to run that. I'm just not terribly familiar with Yanfly's plugin, or javascript in general, so I'm looking for advice as a starting point.

Still, that plugin extension is an awesome backup. Thanks for showing it to me! ^^

Blackjack488

Unassuming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Worked like a charm! Thanks so much! ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

currently working on some template sprites and tweaking the walk cycle :)
Lunee.jpg
Early try to draw our Demon Countess, who destroyed her own soul leaving just an empty shell of a body - until our heroine unwillingly takes possession of it, every time she falls asleep.
(I know it’s a premade face from the Dark Fantasy Set, but I spent so much time with her, that I can’t bring myself to change the sprite anymore xD)
I finished setting up my new desk and apparently she thinks this is where she goes now.

20210411_082331.jpg
not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natefu