Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've made a simple puzzle where the player has to press colored switches in a specific order to open a gate.

I used two variables to keep track of everything: the first one tracked how many switches had been pressed, the second one recorded a value for the order in which they where pressed: so if switch1 was pressed first it'll add a 1, if it was pressed second a 2, while if switch 2 was pressed first it'll add a 10, second it'll add a 20 and so on...

Afterwards the event checks with a conditional branch if the results variable is the correct number (3412) and if so it activates a switch that should open the door, otherwise it plays a buzzer SE, resets both variables and all the switches. Instead all of the switches remain active once pressed no matter the order they were used on.

I would show you screenshots, but since my Rpgm is in spanish you wouldn't understand them, so I copied the events into a blank project.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. Please, help would be very appreciated.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=52583470203962859643

(the correct solution is supposed to be blue-red-purple-green, BTW)

EDIT: I was setting the initial variable instead of adding to it. I'm an idiot. This has been solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyStone84

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Glad it has been solved, but here is a link for you.

I made a reply in there too how I think you can do a switch puzzle much more easily, but Touchfuzzy didn't agree with my methods since he wanted it a different way. Anyways, you should check it out, just in case an idea there could help you with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here it is in all its leggy glory! I apologize in advance.
Suggestion for the name for the new RM, RPG Maker Re-MV (Re-Mastered Version)
A guide on Furry Potatoes.

I apparently need to send photo ID to Blizzard to change my phone number. I don't even need to do this to change my number with my bank or PayPal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Strigoi