Switch Puzzle

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by DaneReid, Sep 25, 2019.

1. DaneReid

DaneReid Musician Veteran

Hello,

I’m trying to create a puzzle where you need to step on 4 switches in a specific order in under X seconds to open a door to continue. I’m having trouble trying to figure out how to do that. Anyone know how I’d go about doing that?

2. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Variables and conditinal branches. In the first switch, just make it set two variables. No need to do anything else
    In the second switch, make it check if the variable is a cerain number, if it is, it adds to it, if it doesn't make it reset or something. It also adds 1 to the other variable if its below what it needs to be. Rinse and repeat for the switches. and when there a certain number, make something happen. Also tie a parrelel process event to the second variable were it waits for so many frames and then does something. Make a condition in the event were if it checks if the second variable is greater than one. and on a second page, have it blank and contition set to second variable equals 4

3. DaneReid

DaneReid Musician Veteran

I apologize but I don't think I understand what you mean. Like for example, what should the variables in the first switch be set to? Also you said there's no need to do anything in the second switch but make it check if the variable is a certain number. Are you referring to the second switch or the first? And not sure if making a variables add up to a certain number will help with stepping on the switches in a specific order will help. Also not sure if you mentioned the time limit part of the puzzle either unless you were refering to the variable where it waits for so many frames part? There's no conditional branch option or variable option that equals to (or not equal to) the amount of frames.

4. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  5. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Don't use the self switch like i did. Its better to set four different game switches so they can be reset like the puzzle variable, but this should give you an idea of what the hell im talking about

Edit: Crap. the first event NEEDS to be parellel process, or else this won't work

Edit: Also. in the button events, i forgot to put the add 1 to the puzzle variable in it's own conditinal branch, instead of the puzzle1 branch...

Edit: I also messed up with the original setting of the puzzle. It only needs to increase the puzzle 1 variable in the conditinal branch
    (I bet you can't tell i hastily threw this together >.<)

Edit: 999 frames is 16.5 seconds BTW

Anyway. If you use the above method with the changes i mentioned in this post, it should work

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019