Switches and Variables (Part One)

Diablos97

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So i appear to be missing something, I have a chest set up and have the self switches in the appropriate area, but If i open the chest and go to a new area, the chest will go back to being unopened. Did I miss something or am i just at the wrong tutorial?
It may be as simple as having "toggle Switch A ON" after the chest opened, and page 2 with switch A on, no text (or "the chest is empty") and only the image of an opened chest.

If that's not it, can you post screenshots of your event?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It may be as simple as having "toggle Switch A ON" after the chest opened, and page 2 with switch A on, no text (or "the chest is empty") and only the image of an opened chest.

If that's not it, can you post screenshots of your event?
I actually figured out my problem, i have several maps set up, all copies of the original maps, because I like to make things harder for myself and wanted it to persist through those maps. 

But now that I spent the later part of yesterday actually sitting down and learning more about switches and variables, I realize I was doing something very wrong. Yay me being hard headed!

I appreciate the reply though!

SydStrong

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm very new to this forum and I don't know of I'm doing anything wrong so if I am please correct me. 

I am trying to make a puzzle using the lever graphic, and I want the player to have to find the lever before being able to use the switch. Everything works except for even though the lever is not in the inventory, the graphic changes to the lever being in the switch and turned on. The switch isn't activated, and when the text on the screen that I placed is finished, the lever disappears again. I don't know why it does this. If someone has any idea what might be going wrong, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SydStrong: Please show screenshots of your event pages - we can't tell you what you did wrong without seeing what you did.

SydStrong

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, here are all the even pages for the switch. This is the first game I've tried to make so if I made a lot of mistakes, I'm sorry >-<

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!
Inside you are two wolves. They take in oxygen while getting rid of the Co2 gas in your body...
Ah wait, sorry. Lungs. Not wolves. that'd be silly. Wolves are huge. You probably couldnt even fit one wolf inside you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FJS