RMMV Swords and Gods Prologue Edition

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by MushReen, Nov 12, 2017.

1. MushReen

MushReen Gacha Guy Veteran

First Language:
    ID, US
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Disclaimer: This game contains fictional elements of religion-related.

[​IMG]

SYNOPSIS
    Golden Hope celebrates its new king. Prince Reen and Princess Reena have to attend the ceremony, but Princess Reena had another plan which will change her twin brother's future forever.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK
    The game is available to download and play at GameJolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/swordsandgodsprologue/287308

MEET THE CHARACTERS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
    The Land was separated by four main region.
    North Region; a mysterious land filled with dangerous creatures and Elves.
    East Region; a scorching land with desserts and oasis, but the economies are always good there. Many traveler and merchant came to East Region just to bought some supplies.
    West Region; a fertile land with many islands, people in West Region take steps ahead upon technologies, even in combat. Making them as the hardest opponents in The Land.
    South Region; takes almost half of The Land's area, South Region are known by its astonishing legends and people. Many fighter came to South Region to become The Six Gods' disciple, but none have returned. Rumors said that they're killed by their master because of their "human" traits. Golden Hope is the closest one to The Six Gods' summoning Altar and holds almost a quarter of South Region. Golden Hope also known by its large reign after Oshiro, the center of South Region.

Note:
    This game is still under "Bug development". Any bugs sent to me will be fixed on the Full Version of the game.
    This game will not receive any further updates, but at least you can play it with the full playthrough of the storyline without any bugs. (hopefully).

2. WereWorld

WereWorld DDreamsGames Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice game! Claire looks real good =)

3. OldTimer

OldTimer Villager Member

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice game, sure! But with a serious glitch: the game crashes with the message "Cannot read property 'setItem' of undefined" when you try to use an item such as a Lesser HP Potion or a Green Herb". Highly frustrating!
    Best wishes,
    Old Timer

4. Gabriel-Chi

Gabriel-Chi MetsuG Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bug notes:
    1-on the tutorial,i have passed under 2 mushrooms,UNDER!!
    2-the souds are late for all things for me
    Design notes:
    1-are too many roons on the castle,it is boring!
    2-some Attacks don't have die breack,so the multiple-hit-skills get strange
    3-Reen need more Xp for lv up?
    4-Enemy:Tow,Pow,Tow,PowTow,PowTow,PowTow,PowTow,PowTow,Pow
    Me:Miss,tow,miss,miss,pow . . .

More important:WHERE THE SAVE POINTS???

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  5. hero_buddy

hero_buddy artist and pro cat petter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i thought this game looked cool, so i gave it a shot. i can forgive the grammar mistakes, since it seems english is not your first language; however, the game's enemies are set to a really high difficulty. why did you make them level 7 when the player starts out at level 1? it just makes for needlessly long battles. most people don't want to spend more than a minute on the first set of random encounters in a game.

additionally, and this just may be a personal gripe, but i'm wondering why you chose to use default mv character generator portraits when you have cute anime busts at the ready. did you draw them yourself? if you did, it really would've made your game stand out more if you used that art style over the mv one. i don't play a lot of games that i find here, and i chose your game above the rest because i was drawn to that nice art style.

lastly, my adventure with your game came to a close when i tried to click on a quest item, and it gave me an error saying, "Cannot read 'setItem' of undefined". overall, i wanted to like this game. i really did! it just doesn't make for a fun experience when the first set of enemies take a needlessly long amount of time and the game crashes when you try clicking on an item.

Gabriel-Chi likes this.
  6. Gabriel-Chi

Gabriel-Chi MetsuG Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Guys!!

@hero_buddy
    You are absolutely right, after this mistake of clicking on the item, like "Armor Polisher", I reset from the beginning about 2 times, because there was no save point where I was (at the beginning) and I tried to avoid the bugs that me that made me have to leave the game by force, but one hour I got tired of taking stick of the soldiers in the city, then I stopped.
    A lot of the game is good, but a lot needs to be improved or fixed.

More notes about the game:
    1-There are some doors in the castle (inside it) That you have not programmed anything, so they were doing nothing, when you try to enter them, you get stuck in them.

2-In the battle against the claire, the first battle, when Reen hits her, she heals, as if the attack heals the enemy, it makes no sense.

3-Search Tip-If I'm not mistaken, there is a place in RPG maker where you change the faces of the characters, and can take many forms, such as when the character grows, it would be nice if you try to change the busts accordingly. time, as if at first they were noobs, like Reen and his sister, and as they grow up, change the busts too, that claire Purple "Ghost Hand" got kind of weird, to the point that she has no dark magic or anything like, at least as far as I played.

4-I did not understand the story, also because I could not leave the city, which incidentally, their maps are very large, Several times I ended up in a dead-end street and had to go back again, Yanfly made a beautiful and funny mini-guide about maps, I think I can attach, right ?:
    http://yanfly.moe/2017/04/19/comic-lets-make-a-town/

5- @ hero_buddy you had talked about the levels, for me, they are not well balanced, but in the opposite way, 3 characters nv1 beat 5 enemies with levels ranging from 3 to 7.

6-Reena could have a healing spell from level 2 or 3, would help to survive in the city

7-I had talked before, in another comment, but you could feed the "Steps to date" of the city map, is very soldier, here among us, there is not so much soldaod in a city, there are more in the castle and the walls, mainly because of the comfort of civilians

8-You could also put the option to put a escape button, right, it would be so good

9-Design-Why do ren and reena wear armor?

10-It makes no sense for Reen to have so many different elemental powers, if the soldiers have no weakness to any of them,
    What's more, Claire and Reen don't spend Mp or Tp to do those special physical attacks, but Reena spends Mp to do spells, you shouldn't consume Mp on her, since it's something she already does very well, unlike of Claire and Reen, in the future, you should make Reena learn generic physical attacks, and only with those or stronger abilities spend Mp and Tp, as well as make Reen and Claire Learn Spells, but use a lot of Mp or Tp, since it's something that they don't practice in theory.

And that's it, sorry for Potato Inglish, I know the google translator to transcribe my ideas and tips.
    That's all, folks!!