Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
THIS PROJECT IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD.

My game is about the moon wich is sort of guardian in some legends in the game lore. There are 2 races in the game, humans and symphonians. Symphonians are a race of people who gets their powers from the moon itself, there is 5 kind of symphonians.Red symphonian: Represents the might and strenght of the body.Blue symphonian: Represents the wisdom and intellect of the mindGreen symphonian: Represents the nature and all it's wild life and vegetation.White symphonian: Represents the light and goodness of the heartBlack symphonian: Represents the darkness and evil of the heart

-The game mainly focus on the sideview battle system and uses a variety of Yanfly plugins.

-Instead of your traditionnal 4 party member fighting this game focus on 5 cause of the high number of party members planned.Screen2.png-There's around 12 characters planned each with their own personal gimmicks and strategies.-The game has 4 difficulty settings when you start:

Easy: Gold gain is doubled, Drop rate is doubled, all stats +50%Normal: Basic stats, normal gold and drop rateHard: Experience gain -20%, all stats -25%, Hard mode dungeons and loot unlocked.Insane: Experience gain -35% all stats -40%, Hard and Insane mode dungeons and loot unlocked, secrets [IMG]http://rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_wink.gif[/IMG]-Depending on the difficulty more content will be unlocked like special dungeons that contains loot only found within these with very strong enemies and bosses.Screen3.png-Every characters can learn passives skills wich will be found during the adventure, they drasticly change how a character can behave for exemple making them immune to poison or increases their normal attacks by 1.There's over 45 different types of passive skills in the whole game at the moment.-Every characters have their own unique types of armors and weapons so none of them will have the same armors or weapons types but accessories are still shared between all of them.-Crafting will be a major part of the game, most enemies will drop a variety of ressources and raw materials.
-On insane difficulty only special types of skills known as Ultimate skills can be learned, they are super powerful and can only be obtained finding unique skillbooks in insane dungeons.

-Some tutorials are shown during the game to explain things that are less obvious for exemple the different types of save points, Blue ones only saves the game and green ones saves and heals the party.

-The Traveler: this character is a mysterious guy who will follow you during your journey and will sell some various items and gives advises to you, but who knows who's this person really is.

Screen1.png

Playable Characters (Only completed characters are shown 5 out of 12)

Janine.png

Name: Janine

Class: Dark Knight

Weapon: Spears

Skills: Spear Skills and Dark Arts

Janine is a high ranked royal guard from the Capital, she used to be a cadet in training and almost gave up until a guy named Wallace who was also a cadet in training helped her and they both got accepted in the royal guards. Since then, both of them are very close to each other and are always going on missions together. 

She doesnt have MP to use her skills so they only consume TP. Her spear skills are a variety of skill that only uses her spear as a method of attack, but dark arts skills uses TP and some HP they can inflict various status effects or increases her attack power while changing her attack element to darkness.

To see her skillset click here:

Wallace.png

Name: Wallace

Class: Beserker

Weapon: Axes

Skills: Axe skills and Beserking

Wallace is a high ranked royal guard from the Capital, he also used to be a cadet in training since he was 10 years old, he helped Janine go through the training and they've been very close friends ever since. Wallace has feelings toward Janine and has a very hard time telling her, he's also very jealous of Ruhen who is another high ranked royal guard and seems to hate him a lot.

He doesn't have MP to use his skills so they only consume TP. All of his damaging skills uses his axe, he's a hard hitter and does a small number of hits with his skills but can do a lot of damage. He can switch between different beserking mode wich has different effects like increasing attack power of defense power, he can only use one mode at a time but can switch between all of them anytime.

To see his skillset click here: 

Lara.png

Name: Lara

Class: Archer

Weapon: Bows

Skills: Bow skills and Dipping

Lara lost her entire family when some mysterious creatures attacked her village and completly destroyed it. She's normaly a very cheeful and active person and likes being in the company of others. She wants to find what kind of mysterious force attacked her village and find a way to get rid it.

Lara attacks and skills requires arrows in order to use them. She has a high critical rate and uses a variety of skills with her bow and can buff herself making her faster and harder to attack. She can use different types of poisons by dipping her arrows in these, each of them inflict a different status effects that greatly helps her dealing damage or mess with the enemies. These poisons only works with normal attacks.

To see her skillset click here:

Ruhen.png

Name: Ruhen

Class: Paladin

Weapon: Flail

Skills: Paladin skills and auras

Ruhen is another high ranked royal guard, he's generally calm and doesn't like formalities that much, he's been a mentor for most Royal guard apprentices and cadets mostly towards Janine due to her difficulties with her cadet training, Wallace is a bit jealous of him and doesn't like him very much. Not much is known of him he's just your general good guy who you can trust. He doesn't like to talk about his past like he's hiding something.

Most of his skills uses a cost only he has, "Holy points", each skills has a different maximum of holy points and can only be regained by using special holy items like holy stones that refills 1 point to all of his skills. The maximum number of points can be upgraded later on. His auras skills are buffs that affect the whole party like increasing Max HP or physical defense.

To see his skillset click here:

Nina.png

Name: Nina

Class: Thief

Weapon: Daggers

Skills: Thievery and Shadow Techs

Nina is a young orphan who became a thief in order to survive, despite being a thief she's not with the Red Thieves, a known gang of thieves who are always causing trouble, she got abandoned when she was 3 years old and now she's looking for her family far and wide with no success.

Nine primary skills are stealing and dealing poison damage, she also have a couple of multi hitting skills and instant-kill skills too, she highly depends on critical hit to deal serious damage but she's one of the fastest character in the game and can do 2 actions in 1 turn making her a force to be reckon with, her shadow techs are mostly buff to help her survive in battles by increasing her avoidability or hide herself in shadows to get less targeted by enemies.

To see her skills click here: 

Work in progress features:

The Crusader Colosseum, fight your way through waves and waves of enemies stronger than the last and earn huge rewards by completing cups or buy awesome items,equipments and special items with Crusader tokens found by completing waves.

Here's an exemple on how the colosseum will work (everything is a bit rushed but it gives a general idea on how this will work)

A demo of the project is available, you can play it by clicking one of these links.

Browser version: http://www.theunpropro.com/sotm/
Download version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n72x8rbczbf2h6g/Symphony%20of%20the%20moon.rar?dl=0

Feedback and critiques are welcomed! Please help improve this project as much as I can! [IMG]http://rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_tongue.gif[/IMG]

*Note: New features can be added during development.

Last edited by a moderator:

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the idea, but I had a few questions.

So, the different colors get their attributes from the moon? Red - strength - works well, since I'm assuming they get stronger as the moon gets full (or just at night).

But do the other ones get smarter, more good/evil?

Does this mean scientists and mathematicians lament the sun, since they lose themselves when it rises? Do good people hate the moon when their evil intents get stronger at night? Has someone's woken up and realized they were compelled to murder their spouse for the sake of evil?

The concept is really interesting!

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Not really they just show these treats more than others, for exemple a red one will be more about being strong and acting though than a blue one wich will be more into books and magic.

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Starting to add characters descriptions for the game, I'm only posting the fully made ones wich mean around 5 of them at the moment! Tell me what you think!

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the variety of skills in your characters so far. Are they Symphonians or human? 

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Working on a custom made title screen for the game :D

Sans titre - 1.jpg

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Okay, playing your Demo in the browser!

1. In the first dialogue noticed "moon artifact". The blue color is abit bad visible on this background, I'd recommend a light blue mayb?

2. the damage tiles on the castle are (imo) too repeating. Maybe look for some custom tileset on free ressources or make one if you can do that ^^ So there's more randomness.

3. "Battle Tutorial" same problem again with the color

4. After the first battle; playing on normal difficulty I've found it still too easy, because of the damage taken. Maybe thats personal preference but I'd rather like receiving more damage, so it isn't a guaranteed win with autoatk spam ^^ And maybe oportunities to heal outside the battles instead.

5. After battling the statue got an error message: Failed to load: audio/se/Earth5/ogg

(as reminder, playing on browser)

So..

+ Really liked the dialogues and cutscenes!

- blue text color bad visibility

- repeating tiles on the map

- battles too easy (after a few like that they will become boring)

But overall I think it can become a good game, if you can improve the battle system abit.

edit: if battles are only like that at beginning of the game, then nvm ^^

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I'll try to make the blue text more visible, for the tiles i'm not too great at mapping but I agree they're repeating a bit too much so i'll edit some, for the normal difficulty I'll try to see what I can do cause if they're too strong, on harder difficulties the game would be litteraly impossible and for the error message i'll look into it cause I tried for myself and didn't get any errors. and I'm glad you liked it so far I'll try to make it better based on what you told me. :)

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
New updates for the game, Janine skill set is complete and more characters are to come in the characters description.

Kumo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played the demo in the browser and I must say I really enjoyed it! (My PC crashed a little while after the large battle with the all the thieves!) I really enjoy the story so far and think its a pretty good base so far! I also really curious on how the moon system is going to work with the symophonian characters, asides from giving them strengths etc. I imagine there will be a day/night system? Also must say the characters are very well thought out and pretty awesome looking! Overall I look forward to seeing where the development of this game will go! Nice work!  :D

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
New character added in the playable characters description, I had to remake his skill set cause he lacked originality the first time, some of his skills need to have their animations remade cause I feel they're too repetitive in my opinion. He's a reused character from one of my old cancelled projects on VX.

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
New feature i'm working on atm, The Crusader Colosseum! I'm planning on adding a huge colosseum to the game and I have a lot planned for it. The main thing of it is you can receive huge rewards by winning cups or buying items, equipments and other special items with special Crusader Tokens you find by defeating waves of enemies. So far not much is done and is pretty early in development. But here's an exemple of what it'll be. The map is a bit rushed well everything is but it's only to give a general idea of what it'll be.

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
New character added in the playable characters and some changes in the game descriptions have been made! ;)

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I might put this project on hold for a bit I feel like I want to do too much in it and I might need to take break and maybe work on a smaller side project but this is to be determined.

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I might put this project on hold for a bit I feel like I want to do too much in it and I might need to take break and maybe work on a smaller side project but this is to be determined.

Smaller projects are usually better until you have more experience.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adversary