Syncing two events on two different maps.

coorocrow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm attempting to work out how to get two boulders to move in sync through two different maps. The maps are exactly the same. This is what I have so far.

Two common events that set the boulder in the current screen to the position of the boulder in the previous map.

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

one event on each boulder

Untitled14.png

one event on each transfer

Untitled15.jpg

and one parallel process on each map to update the positions

Untitled16.jpg

I'm attempting to do this with out using a script and Any help would be appreciated. that said one bug that I found is that the parallel proccess for the boulder on the second map is not updating the x and y positions.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The problem is in the common events, you are trying to place the common event itself on the map using the set event location, you should be trying to place your boulder events which should already be on the map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need a parallel process for that. Just set the variables on the boulder event itself, so they're updated whenever you move it.

Get rid of all the common events. Get rid of the switches.

Create a boulder event on the first map. Set its trigger to Action Button. In the commands, do a Set Move Route to move away from the player, then two Control Variables commands to set the variables to "this event's" X and Y positions. Copy the boulder to the same position on the second map.

Now create a new event on the first map. Set its trigger to Parallel Process. In the commands, do a Set Event Location. Choose the boulder event, and set it's location to the value of the variables. Then add an Erase Event command. Copy this event to the second map - make sure you adjust the Set Event Location to ensure it points to the second map's boulder (in case it doesn't have the same event id as the boulder on the first map).

Now, at the beginning of your game, do a Control Variables to set those two variables to the current X and Y position of the two boulders. Otherwise when you first get to your map, they'll both be 0, and the boulder will move to the top left corner of the map.

Now, every time you go to one of the maps, the boulder will be moved to the correct position (and the parallel process event that moved it there will be erased). And whenever you move the boulder, your variables will be updated. When you go to the other map, its boulder will be moved to the specified X and Y positions, and when you push it, the variables will be updated.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Shaz: shush, let him do it his way, it's quite interesting and if he does it and if it works it opens up more complicated possibilities for even more complex Event systems later. I say I like his creativity for what he's done so far. Easy way isn't always the most rewarding. In fact I'm comeing up with new ideas based off his =D

coorocrow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you Both so very much.

@Shaz: I'll try it your way just to have a working method.

@RyokuHasu: I'm still gonna try it my way as well to see If i can get it to work how I originally thought. I believe the problem is somewhere in either the common event or how I'm setting the variables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.
MerlinCross wrote on Switz's profile.
Not sure if you'll see this but I stumbled across your "Open Locker" sprite in a topic. Could I use those?
topic in question
Going to watch an episode of The Office and eat something after this little progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGrizzlyDev