Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CodexTest 5_30_2020 1_02_00 PM.png

Github

Itch.io

1) Place inside the plugin folder of your game's location.

2) Edit parameters inside the RPG Maker MV engine.

Changlog:
*v1: Released publically.

*v2: Fixed errors causing the secondary burst effect to not occur. Fixed the problem of burst effect not stacking.

*v3: Removed secondary burst effect for optimization reasons. State overflow instead allows for an alternative state post burst.

*v4: Fixed a bug where the game would crash when burst state is undefined.

*v5: Fixed a bug where a state can be added +1 to the designers defined maximum.

*v6: Removed state icon duplication, added a number which indicates stack amount.

*v1.0: Multiple bug fixes: No turn count, no step count and general incompatibility with game engine repaired. Stacked states are no innate to the game engine. Due to how status windows work, it was decided to leave the status window as is to ensure cross-compatibility with other plugins.

*v1.1: Minor bug fixes.

*v1.2: Removed console logging.

Note:

Credit goes to Synrec.

This script is free to modify.
For free use and for commercial use.

Do NOT sell/resell this script.

Last edited:

thierrywtrmz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I want to try your plugin but it seems I don't understand how it works.

I want to make my state (ID = 40) able to stack 3 times.

I tried <stateStackable:3> in the state notebox.
I know it says x = stateId, I also tried <stateStackable:40>

Nothing changes. What am I missing ?

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I want to try your plugin but it seems I don't understand how it works.

I want to make my state (ID = 40) able to stack 3 times.

I tried <stateStackable:3> in the state notebox.
I know it says x = stateId, I also tried <stateStackable:40>

Nothing changes. What am I missing ?
Are you using any other scripts? When you say nothing happens do you mean that it does not stack at all?

EDIT: I believe I have found the issue and have such updated the script. Let me know if the issue persists.

Last edited:

thierrywtrmz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I only did try while I was in the menus. The states do stack, but they do infinitely if I don't set a burst effect.
Also if the state if applied 3 times, there is 3 icons. Could be great if there was only one with a numbers on it or something like that.

Works well otherwise, nice work

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
without yet even testing, this definitely looks and sounds promising. my only recommendation would be to update it once more to allow users to add a cap to a state stack, for example, maybe your bleed should only be allowed to stack up to 3 times. maybe the heal should only be able to stack 5, etc.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I only did try while I was in the menus. The states do stack, but they do infinitely if I don't set a burst effect.
Also if the state if applied 3 times, there is 3 icons. Could be great if there was only one with a numbers on it or something like that.

Works well otherwise, nice work
I'll check it out when I get access to my laptop.

without yet even testing, this definitely looks and sounds promising. my only recommendation would be to update it once more to allow users to add a cap to a state stack, for example, maybe your bleed should only be allowed to stack up to 3 times. maybe the heal should only be able to stack 5, etc.
Individual state caps? Sure thing

EDIT: I have not been able to replicate the infinite state stacking effect. I have seen an issue where the states can be added +1 to the defined max states stackable. I have fixed this. If you have any scripts running alongside, please let me know.

I will work on making the states not show an infinite number of icons during my off week beginning Wednesday. Along with any other suggestions.

EDIT 2: Individual state caps are already implemented, expected to update this script on Wednesday, Thursday by the latest.

EDIT 3: Updated.

Last edited:

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin updated, errors associated with turn count and bad removal of stacked states repaired.

Sorry this took so long, I'm actually busy with a personal script I'm working on. Going to update some of my other scripts too.

ASUG0

Annihilation Special Unit Generation 0
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a bit too stupid to figure this script out... can someone explain to me how this works or do a tutorial on this?

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a bit too stupid to figure this script out... can someone explain to me how this works or do a tutorial on this?
Any problem in particular or just a general tutorial?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know the this plugin yet, but you can always put a demo with default features.
and leave advanced features out if js is required :p

but not sure what purpose stack states means, like 1 state and +1, 2, 3, 4 on the state
or in a different way.

and if it is different from yanfly's. but nice job.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know the this plugin yet, but you can always put a demo with default features.
and leave advanced features out if js is required :p

but not sure what purpose stack states means, like 1 state and +1, 2, 3, 4 on the state
or in a different way.

and if it is different from yanfly's. but nice job.
Didn't know yanfly had one....

Meh.

Ill just put up a demo, not much else to do regarding this.

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any problem in particular or just a general tutorial?
A general tutorial please :). But should you make a demo, can you gimme the link?

Last edited:

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't know yanfly had one....

Meh.

Ill just put up a demo, not much else to do regarding this.
So... I'm still waiting for the demo...:rtear:

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of thank you for the plugin. It's really noice:awink:
The part with the ATB has been deleted because it had no relation to this plugin. To assume incompatibility was a mistake on my part.

Edit:
While I absolutely love this plugin, I have found 5 game breaking issues with it.

Issue Number 1: State Timer going down too fast.
So... I just tried your plugin out in a new project. The rate of the state's counter going down was still determined by the number of stacks of the applied state. So... it appears not to be an incompatibility, but instead a bug.

My theory is that each stack adds another instance of the same state to the target. Now because there are "technically 3 states that share the same timer" applied to the target, each instance of the state leads to the state timer countering down by a value of 1. Multiple stacks of a state on a target will make the timer go down by 1 multiple times equal to the number of stacks on the target.

The example I tested: The skill Ignite adds the state "burn" to the target 3 times. The state burn normally lasts for 6 turns. But since there are 3 instances of burn applied, it only lasts for 2 turns.

Issue Number 2: Some weird Overflow bugs.
The overflow State will not be applied when the target already has an instance of it on it.

The example I tested: The state burn has a max stack count of 2 and overflows to the state strongburn when applied one more time. So basically applying burn 3 times will cause it to become strongburn.

If I now use the skill SUPERIGNITE, which applies 4 stacks of burn, the target ends up having one stack of burn and one stack of strongburn on it. Looks good so far.

If I however use the skill HYPERIGNITE, which applies 5 stacks of burn, things get weird. The target only received one stack of strongburn and not a single stack of burn.

Then I tried using a skill applying 6 stacks of burn. The target had one stack of strongburn and one burn on it. Basically same as SUPERIGNITE.

Applying 7 stacks had the same result as HYPERIGNITE.

Applying 8 stacks had the same result as SUPERIGNITE.

There seems to be a trend here. In no case was the overflow state strongburn applied twice and the state burn cannot be applied more than once.

Edit: My second experiment:
The state maximum number of stacks on burn was 3 for this experiment. So you'll need to apply burn 4 times to reach overflow.

Here is my experiment data:
Applying 4 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 5 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 6 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 7 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 8 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 9 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 10 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn

My third experiment:
The state maximum number of stacks on burn was 4 for this experiment. So you'll need to apply burn 5 times to reach overflow.

Applying 5 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 6 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 7 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 8 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 3 stacks of burn
Applying 9 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 10 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 11 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 12 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 3 stacks sof burn
Applying 13 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn

My fourth experiment:
The state maximum number of stacks on burn was 2 for this experiment. So you'll need to apply burn 3 times to reach overflow. The skill Firefox applied one stack of burn and will be used multiple times in a row. This experiment was conducted to test what happens when you apply the state burn after overflow was reached.

1st Firefox --> 1 stack of burn on target
2nd Firefox --> 2 stacks of burn on target
3rd Firefox --> 0 stacks of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
4th Firefox --> 1 stack of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
5th Firefox --> 0 stacks of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
6th Firefox --> 1 stack of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
7th Firefox --> 0 stacks of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
8th Firefox --> 1 stack of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target

Issue Number 3: All battlers can only have up to 5 states. If more than 5 states are added to a battler, they are either not applied or other states are removed. Each stack of a state is counted as a new state. This could be related to Issue Number 2, but Idk.

Edit Issue 3: If the target has a greater or the same number of states applied to it as the maximum number of stacks of the state which you want to apply to it, the state will not be applied. This is what has been causing problems 2 and 3.

Issue Number 4: The Overflow state lasts forever regardless of the duration set for it and cannot be applied by overflow if the target already has at least one stack on it. If you however apply another stack of the overflow state to the target, the timer will work again for some reason.

Issue Number 5: Compatibility with Yanfly's Buff and State Manager
When using this plugin with Yanfly's Buff and State Manager, this script can be put either above or below it. If put below Yanfly's plugin, the number of remaining turns of all states the player is afflicted with is not shown. If this plugin is put above Yanfly's, the counter for the remaining turns is shown equal to the number of stacks applied.

I hope the data I collected will be somewhat helpful to you, uwu. Cheers :)

Last edited:

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I however have encountered some issues using the plugin with Ellye's ATB system. For some reason, the more Stacks of a State are applied, the faster it passes. So basically a State that is applied 3 times on an enemy passes 3 times faster. I just can't figure out how to fix it myself. So... yeah... I'm writing this post to inform you about this incompatibility in hopes that you'll be fixing that :).

But man... I love your plugin! It just makes the burning state in my game sooooo much better and skill reliant. Cheers, uwu.

Link to ATB system: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ellyes-atb-also-includes-ctb-option.46753/
I'll give it a check over when I get off work starting Wednesday

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The part with the ATB has been deleted because it had no relation to this plugin. To assume incompatibility was a mistake on my part.

Edit:
While I absolutely love this plugin, I have found 5 game breaking issues with it.

Issue Number 1: State Timer going down too fast.
So... I just tried your plugin out in a new project. The rate of the state's counter going down was still determined by the number of stacks of the applied state. So... it appears not to be an incompatibility, but instead a bug.

My theory is that each stack adds another instance of the same state to the target. Now because there are "technically 3 states that share the same timer" applied to the target, each instance of the state leads to the state timer countering down by a value of 1. Multiple stacks of a state on a target will make the timer go down by 1 multiple times equal to the number of stacks on the target.

The example I tested: The skill Ignite adds the state "burn" to the target 3 times. The state burn normally lasts for 6 turns. But since there are 3 instances of burn applied, it only lasts for 2 turns.

Issue Number 2: Some weird Overflow bugs.
The overflow State will not be applied when the target already has an instance of it on it.

The example I tested: The state burn has a max stack count of 2 and overflows to the state strongburn when applied one more time. So basically applying burn 3 times will cause it to become strongburn.

If I now use the skill SUPERIGNITE, which applies 4 stacks of burn, the target ends up having one stack of burn and one stack of strongburn on it. Looks good so far.

If I however use the skill HYPERIGNITE, which applies 5 stacks of burn, things get weird. The target only received one stack of strongburn and not a single stack of burn.

Then I tried using a skill applying 6 stacks of burn. The target had one stack of strongburn and one burn on it. Basically same as SUPERIGNITE.

Applying 7 stacks had the same result as HYPERIGNITE.

Applying 8 stacks had the same result as SUPERIGNITE.

There seems to be a trend here. In no case was the overflow state strongburn applied twice and the state burn cannot be applied more than once.

Edit: My second experiment:
The state maximum number of stacks on burn was 3 for this experiment. So you'll need to apply burn 4 times to reach overflow.

Applying 4 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 5 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 6 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 7 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 8 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 9 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 10 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn

My third experiment:
The state maximum number of stacks on burn was 4 for this experiment. So you'll need to apply burn 5 times to reach overflow.

Applying 5 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 6 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 7 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 8 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 3 stacks of burn
Applying 9 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn
Applying 10 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 1 stack of burn
Applying 11 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 2 stacks of burn
Applying 12 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 3 stacks sof burn
Applying 13 Stacks of burn --> 1 stack of strongburn and 0 stacks of burn

My fourth experiment:
The state maximum number of stacks on burn was 2 for this experiment. So you'll need to apply burn 3 times to reach overflow. The skill Firefox applied one stack of burn and will be used multiple times in a row. This experiment was conducted to test what happens when you apply the state burn after overflow was reached.

1st Firefox --> 1 stack of burn on target
2nd Firefox --> 2 stacks of burn on target
3rd Firefox --> 0 stacks of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
4th Firefox --> 1 stack of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
5th Firefox --> 0 stacks of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
6th Firefox --> 1 stack of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
7th Firefox --> 0 stacks of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target
8th Firefox --> 1 stack of burn and 1 stack of strongburn on target

Issue Number 3: All battlers can only have up to 5 states. If more than 5 states are added to a battler, they are either not applied or other states are removed. Each stack of a state is counted as a new state. This could be related to Issue Number 2, but Idk.

Issue Number 4: The Overflow state lasts forever regardless of the duration set for it and cannot be applied by overflow if the target already has at least one stack on it. If you however apply another stack of the overflow state to the target, the timer will work again for some reason.

Issue Number 5: Compatibility with Yanfly's Buff and State Manager
When using this plugin with Yanfly's Buff and State Manager, this script can be put either above or below it. If put below Yanfly's plugin, the number of remaining turns of all states the player is afflicted with is not shown. If this plugin is put above Yanfly's, the counter for the remaining turns is shown equal to the number of stacks applied.

I hope the data I collected will be somewhat helpful to you, uwu. Cheers :)

Ok... I just noticed... my post was a bit long... xD

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found the source of most issues I've had!

If the target has a greater or the same number of states applied to it as the maximum number of stacks of the state which you want to apply to it, the state will not be applied. This is what has been causing problems 2 and 3.

For example, the skill "Venom" adds the state "Poisoned" to the target. The maximum number of stacks of the state is set to 2.
If the target already has at least 2 states on it, the state "poison" cannot be applied. What states have been applied does not matter, only their total number.

I have tested this in many different scenarios with the outcome being the same every time. It would explain most bugs that I have encountered with this plugin so far.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
How do i make profile picture

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sakiika