TheEnderDraco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have installed quite a few plugins for the game I am currently working on, and just installed Yanfly's Message Core plugin. Now, upon starting the game and inputting the character's name, it immediately gives me a syntax error when before it was working just fine. This occurs even when I remove Message Core from the plugin list completely (but not the actual plugin folder) I've seen a few other people getting syntax errors with yanfly plugins, but I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to plugins and have pretty much no coding knowledge to even try and fix it. How would I go about fixing this problem?

Also, I'm using the MacOS version, if that's of any importance.

Edit: This still happens if I remove the Message Core file from the actual file folder.

The plugins I'm using are Community_Basic, MadeWithMV, SRD_NameInputUpgrade, NPCDialogueShop, SRD_ShakingText, and AltSaveScreen.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we need the full error message from the console before we can even guess where the error comes from.
please make a screenshot of the console output when the error happens and post it here.

TheEnderDraco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we need the full error message from the console before we can even guess where the error comes from.
please make a screenshot of the console output when the error happens and post it here.
How do you open the console command thing? I’m honestly not sure where to find it/what it is exactly...

TheEnderDraco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still stuck here... how does one open the debug console on RMMV Mac?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how does one open the debug console on RMMV Mac?
the console is the developer console of every browser.
If the default F8 doesn't work on MacOS, then open your browser and go through its menu to find the developer console and check the key to open it there.
or start the game's index.html directly in a browser and use the menu to get to the console.

TheEnderDraco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh okay

So the message I got from the console is:

rpg_managers.js:1949 SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
at Game_Interpreter.command355 (rpg_objects.js:10500)
at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8930)
at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8838)
at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6115)
at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:6022)
at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:608)
at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:600)
at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:589)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)

Any idea how to fix it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this error has nothing to do with any plugin.

you have an event that causes the error because of wrong data or wrong lines.
I can't check which event command the command355 is, but you have to find the event using that command with wrong data.

syntax error means a typo, so it is most likely one of the commands where you can type in a script line, and you made a mistake there.

TheEnderDraco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh, figured it out! turns out there was an unused script I shoved in without completing. thanks for the help!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The youngest photo of you is also the oldest photo of you.
People need to stop submitting their game to every single game jam without even reading the jam rules (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diorpancakes