syntax error when i insert a script and press the play button?

FunPuppyGames

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
ok so i just added a script into my game and when press play it give me a syntax error??? (the script is supposed to have a scrolling battleback) please help. i hope these images show the full picture
help.PNGlescript.PNGlescript2.PNG

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried deleting that line, as it is not directly involved in providing help for using the plugin?

cremnophobia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
That script is most definitely for MV since the comment syntax is supported by JavaScript but not Ruby. The R in RGSS stands for Ruby whereas MV uses JavaScript.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FunPuppyGames
Theoretically "syntax error" means a typo in programming - in this case everything there is a typo because what you added is not a script at all but a plugin for MV that can never work in whatever other maker you're currently using.

What maker are you using? You need to find a script that is written for that specific maker.
RMXP uses RGSS as a language, RMVX uses RGSS2 and RMVXA uses RGSS3 - and even they are usually incompatible to each other in scripting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach