System requirements for MZ games

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
RPG Maker MZ has very high system requirements comparing to older versions, but is it possible to run games made using it on old PCs? Especially if I use only MV animations? In this case, will games have the same system requiremants as MV games?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think so, it's rather program core specs predicted, not because of animations or graphics.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Plus MV ran very poorly on systems near the minimum too. I'd say you probably need to use the MZ minimums to run games decently at least.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In case you're interested, there's a trial version of MZ for Windows/Mac available here:
There are also two official English sample games here:
If I recall correctly, though, they're in project format, i.e. you'll need RMMZ to play them.

MZ requires WebGL support, whereas it was optional for MV. Particularly old integrated graphics chipsets (e.g. pre-Intel HD 3000 - reference specs) will probably not suffice.

Other than that, if you're using MV animations then I think the MZ code base is much the same as MV: it's been optimised a bit and runs on a newer version of Node/nw/PIXI. From my limited experience of making/playing MZ games so far, I'd guess the increased CPU/RAM requirements are for Effekseer. :)

Note: if you're on a laptop with a dedicated GPU, make sure it is being used rather than the integrated graphics (e.g. Nvidia control panel > Program Settings). I tried playing the "Wolfgang" sample game on integrated graphics (Intel HD 4600) and the big Effekseer animation at the start slowed the game to a crawl, haha. Was much smoother when using the system's dedicated GPU. :kaophew:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor