stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys, this would be my first public game. I have made one with my brother called chronicles of dan but this one is really special to me. It has a few bugs at the moment, i'm a one man team. Yes i may have used the resources that came with the engine but however, the story is my own and gameplay has been scripted for me by YanFly and Hudell. I will try and contact Hudell ASAP as i do need to talk to him about other things other than the scripts but i need as many people to help me test it and give feedback so i can make this product the best it can be or everyone who purchases this. Like i have said this is my first public game just comment down below of what you'd like to see and what you think i could do to improve what i already have. There is no storyline as of yet but i have been planning a story for sometime now.

As for the background of Sywhan, Sywhan is a Planet that holds many people... Good and bad, Sywhan is in turmoil and is in the hands of bad people from the city as they believe, many people believe they are underground controlling what goes on above and some people believe it's the businessmen. However, when you enter the Planet you will have choices and the choices you make will dictate how the world will work, whether people hate you or love you it is entirely your choice!!!

There is a place you can visit called Zobolo however I haven't placed any NPC's there. I will be adding a lot of features for the full game however, but I am wanting to fix all issues now that occur in this version of the game.

Mega ------------->https://mega.nz/#F!D1l0WJKK

Key ---------> !6syong_jgi1uQQM0TmY3SQ

This is my video if it helps you :) -------------->

As for the pic I know the tree was half done just noticed it XD. I'm going to be uploading more.

Update 1 - I will be adding more features to the game. If anyone can give me some ideas to add next comment below and I'll see what ideas the best :p. I will be also redoing the maps soon, I am doing my best with the mapping and also I may also add a quest system but unsure as it depends on you guys :).

Update 2 - I have redone one map so far, I know it's not a lot but I am trying to redo other maps at this point but just trying to find reasons to place and replace other map items.

Sywhan.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
You need to learn how to design a good map. Most of your maps don't make me to download ur game.

I advise you to google "rpg maker maps" and see how you can improve yourself.

Good Luck... :)  

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You need to learn how to design a good map. Most of your maps don't make me to download ur game.

I advise you to google "rpg maker maps" and see how you can improve yourself.

Good Luck... :)  

Thanks. But, I'm getting someone to remake them for me as I seriously cant remake them. But, I will give it a try and I will defo improve by doing so thanks :).

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, it's mainly because I have literally 4 maps with many towns and caves and bits. To be honest I can't believe the file size.
But to be honest I wanna focus on all the glitches then deal with the maps as the maps took me months to do XD. I know they're bad but I ain't very good with art, I'm ust very good with designing quests and story lines and coming up with gameplay ideas and stuff.

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bugs/Problems found so far -

No BGM in Toki-Loco and in the beginning. Done

When you talk to trade office old woman after the players lines the weapon merchants face appears instead. Done

Sign post outside of the east exit of the first town says nothing, nor does the one below it. Not Sure Where

When you try to enter the house black hole and the door opens. Done

going into the item store at the top right of the village somehow puts me in the magic store and transports me to that part of the village after leaving. Need Help Finding Where It Is.

JP system is unscaled. Need Feedback On This!!!

music repeating over. Waiting Til Final Demo Release

Both magic classes seem weak. Done

Couldnt leave Britonia. Done

Unfair battle scenes Done

New Link ----------> https://mega.nz/#F!K8VEmSwK

If anyone is experiencing bugs, comment below so i can start ticking them off and try fixing them cheers :).

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am current doing the story for this game now as most bugs have now been sorted but if you still come across bugs send them here and I will respond also any feedback is welcome :) I just need help to direct the game into a really good game. I'm very good with taking constructive feedback. :)

Katsudoom

Noodle Head
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Unknown
Primarily Uses
Tip.

You need to make your maps more attractable for the players to catch their eyes, make it more unique.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Couple suggestions: For the interior maps, one way to think about them is to consider each inside square as 3 feet of space (and the reason for 3 feet is due to the bed being 2 x 1 tiles, and the average bed is 6 feet long, 6 / 2 = 3). So one tile = 3 x 3 feet. Once you have that in mind, you will see how big you should make your maps, as very few buildings are 51 x 51 feet (17 x 17 tiles). Might help with the interiors and on not making them so open. And don't worry, I think we all make this error once, after all I put a 90 x 90 house in my IGMC entry!

My second suggestion is about the file size. If you have a lot of music files it will bloat your file size like crazy. Try looking at the project and seeing if you can cut some of the unused music files out, it will help to reduce the file size.

I'm traveling this weekend so cannot play the game yet, but will try to when I return and see if I have more thoughts on the game itself. But these two just stood out to me from the video and other comments, so thought I'd mention them now.

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cheers guys, I will Defo redo the maps to make them look somewhat cool. Also I'm starting the quests as I kinda want all the glitches sorted so then I can do the story for the beginning. But, the reason why the maps are like that were because I wanted to get it outta the way but yeah. I will defo fix it.

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys just working on the maps. Just mainly working on the outside and i don't wanna give away much but what do you guys think of this so far?

Sywhan 5.PNG

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New Update

New Quests For Craftsman

Re-Done Some Indoors And Outdoors Maps

What To Look Forward To

Quests For The Other Storylines

Demo

Trailer

Last But Not Least New Features And Weapons.

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New Update

New Quests For Adventurer And Citizen (Citizen Is A Loop For The Demo)

Tutorial Mainly For The Craftsman

New Classes For The Trader And The Citizen

Re-Done Most Maps

I'd Like To Announce The Game To Me Is Ready To Be Released As A Demo For People To Try As I'm Soon Going To Be Working On The Full Game Which Will Have Hours Of Gameplay Time. I Also Want To Say A Big Thanks To People On This Forum That Gave Me Some Helpful Advice :) And I Also Want To Say I Really Do Want To Work On More Games And Make Improvements Along The Way. The File Shoul Already Be Updated As Soon As You Download If It Has Not Comment On Here So I Can See The Problem.

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, i'm going to fix up a few things and i want to add a few features.

Let me know what features you would like to see in the demo/full game version of this game.

Thanks

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE:
New Followers In Toki-Loco
Inns For Toki-Loco
Also It Is Officially Gonna Be A Demo Tonight So Watch For Any New Updates!!!

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE:

Just Discovered A Bug Regarding First Mission Of The Craftsman Story Line. I Have Tested The Female Version ATM. So, I Will Test The Male Version Out Now And See If There Is A Problem.

Let Me Know If Anyone Is Experiencing Anything That Seems Like A Bug/Glitch.

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, just realised how long this will take. As i'm still editing the demo trailer for the demo release and tbh i dunno if it is any good and wondering if anyone would like to see it???

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries
Happy Saint Nicholas Day! May there nice stuff in your shoes when you wake up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jundoe