Szyu crafting system makes the game "unloadable"

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by DiegoBinder, Jun 7, 2019.

1. DiegoBinder

DiegoBinder Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So I am using Szyu Crafting System on my project...

https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/18164-crafting-system/

But if I save the game with a crafting book on my inventory, I can't load that file any longer...this problem is happening in the demo of my game...I hope there is no problem in posting it here...(please don't think I am trying to use this topic to advertise the game, I actualy tried to reproduce the problem in a new project but the problem doesn't happen there) Also I have edited the demo so you can reproduce the problem more easily, and I included both the game and the editable file

https://diego-binder.itch.io/phantea

To reproduce the problem just get the item from the chest one step above the charachter and save the game (on the red ball next to the chest)...then leave the game...you won't be able to load it

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    One small point of precision. It is possible to load that save file if you have exited as far as the title screen. It is only if you shut down completely, reload and then try to open the save file that the problem occurs.

I suspect it might be the way you have used the script call
    SceneManager.call(Scene_Crafting) or
    SceneManager.call(Scene_Crafting, -1)
    but I don't know where you have used them.

3. DiegoBinder

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The forge in the blacksmith area and the alchemy ball (that you ulock latter in the game)...

Edit: You can trigger the alchemy ball with the event that I "hid" on the top left corner...just move it to the ground with the editor then in game put your character over it and press the action button, that will trigger the event "Save Sarah" and the alcheby orb should trigger...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You have a script incompatibility.

If I disable the 3 'item' scripts under your crafting script, and start a new game, that will save properly and re-open. As soon as I enable the item instance script, the problem recurs. I have no idea why, I'm not a scripter, but at least you now have something to go on.

5. DiegoBinder

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well...I'll have to make some drastic changes to how item works...but at least now the game is working...thanks a lot Kes...you literally saved my game lol