Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So just noticed a weird thing...currently this plugin is only in use in two different locations. The first one I'm able to craft the item, but it never shows up in my inventory which is strange because there's a dialogue that plays immediately after crafting from a conditional branch that's dependent on the crafted item being in the inventory. There are no add/remove items in any of the events here. The item from the second location shows up in inventory just fine.

Edit: We can disregard this issue, it was a problem with the categories. I basically had to create the category in another plugin that adds categories to inventory to enable the crafted item to show up.

Last edited:

3Eyedcowboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So just noticed a weird thing...currently this plugin is only in use in two different locations. The first one I'm able to craft the item, but it never shows up in my inventory which is strange because there's a dialogue that plays immediately after crafting from a conditional branch that's dependent on the crafted item being in the inventory. There are no add/remove items in any of the events here. The item from the second location shows up in inventory just fine.

I believe you, but have not experienced that personally.

zomg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I get to the end of the crafting menu I get an error, is it normal?

ErikJ93

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swe/Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just as zomg said, it crashes when it reaches the end of the crafting menu.

aBV.png

hidrax11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
turkey
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, this plugin is really cool but doesnt seem to work for me.

I added a new category called Cooking and tried to make a bread.

I added the note with the

UhLViN3.png

made the 4 i
ngredients and a recipe book

gBlHcew.png

Then I made a event with the plugin call : CraftingSystem open Kochen

And this happens:

1HR8OYh.png

Nothing.

I also thought that you maybe need to add the recipe with an extra call or something,

so I made a event that should add the recipe to the cooking book:

CraftingSystem add_recipe 15: i10

Buuuuuuuut..... nothing happend. again nothing I could craft.

What did I wrong?

Also, it would be nice if you could add an explanation to the help file, not just the script calls. Or a tutorial or something.

But other then that, great work!
give hand book

WickedFridge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if you reply to this thread anymore, but can you make it so that when you look up the items in the recipe, you can show the descriptions for each item? I don't want the player to feel like they have to randomly craft for the item to see what the item does. I might be missing something. Sorry if I did.

Last edited:

V-DeLuna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I'm still new to using this system, but I have gotten it to work for me before. It's just that now that I'm trying to make my own category it keeps coming up with this error.
CraftingSystem Error.jpg

I don't understand what is going wrong. Below are the pictures of everything involved in this error as far as I know.
CraftingSystem Error 2.jpg

CraftingSystem Error 1.jpg

CraftingSystem Error 3.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Edit: With help I was able to figure out what the problem was. For anyone who would like to know what the solution was it was removing the commas at the end of the numbers in the recipe book note tag. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I replaced all of the code, but that somehow causes the game to crash with the message "Cannot reach property *forEach' of null"

I added @rohzek 's new lines of code and also got this error to begin with. Then I noticed the new tag options, so added these and it works. You must specify the "o: # #" quantities and set the consumable part to either ", true" or ", false" in each recipe item for the code to work properly. Great tweak to the excellent plugin!

I managed to work out how to get the plugin to set variables according to which item is crafted.

At the function Scene_CraftingMenu.prototype.onCraft = function(){ you have to add the following code under the line "$gameParty.gainItem...":

if (item = 7){ $gameVariables.setValue(6, $gameVariables.value(6)-8);}

Where '7' is any specific item number for the item that you've crafted and '6' is the variable being altered (both times stated), then '-8' is how many of that item are being subtracted from the variable that relates to your ingredients or whatever you want to use it to calculate. Pretty neat, huh?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

If a person becomes voluntarily missing, does it cause the butterfly effect?
normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maijkPamm