Szyu's Crafting System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Szyu, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Szyu

Szyu Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    I'll have a look into this.

2. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Ui, this looks NICE!

3. Szyu

Szyu Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Update:

The save/load problem has been resolved... Just download the new version from the link in the OP and you are sure to go.

4. Addictator

Addictator Villager Member

First Language:
    Français
    Great I ll try it tonight and let you know. Thx for fast reply.

5. Fitcher

Fitcher Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Hello Szyu

This is an really awesome plugin i mean crafting system gives so much more options in a game.

Here is a few thoughts on the plugin for improvement.

First of all would it be possible to make it so it gives a message or error sound when you try to use an item for learning a recipe that you already know and so it would not use up the item?

Also this is not a big issue but if i use a shop for buying recipes it would be nice if it was possible to add some kind if way to see if you know the recipe or not before buying?

One thing i could see use of would be a plugin command to give a condition branch to check if a recipe is learned or not in a specific recipe book

Thees are just some thoughts but the most useful feature would be the error sound or message for learned recipes when using the same recipe.

6. cropots

cropots Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portugues
    I'm developing a game for android devices. As is part of the switch Q and W? It would be possible to place a visible button for this exchange? Thank you.

7. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I guess you can consider this a bug, but you can continue to craft once you hit the item limit for the crafted item.

You don't receive any new items, but you do lose the ingredients.

And as a request: could you allow for quantities?

It gets a little tedious when you wanna craft 50+ items at a time.

Thank you!

8. Jeffrey Torres

Jeffrey Torres Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Everything works now. Thanks!

9. sarugaki339

sarugaki339 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I did actually notice that. I had a friend come over last night and he tested my game by making a new file and the crafting worked for him like normal until he loaded his file again. Also my earlier issue of the stat window bot displaying all stats was also resolved by making a new game. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it! Now I'm in the same boat as everyone else, not being able to craft after loading a save file.

10. Addictator

First Language:
    Français
    It has been resolved by Szyu earlier, just DL the script again, I just tested it and it works fine, thx again Szyu !

11. sarugaki339

First Language:
    English
    Unfortunately, it hasn't been resolved. At least, not for me. I downloaded the update and replaced the old one in my plug ins folder, and checked the sizes to make sure I was replacing correctly, and I started a new game in my project and it does the same thing. Recognizes me items once I buy them but once I save a load, it won't recognize any of the crafting items in my inventory,

12. Addictator

First Language:
    Français
    I got the same issue. Try to delete the old script, download new one again and paste it. Should works. Let me know ;) gl

13. sarugaki339

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the reply! I tried it but it didn't work :(

I have the updated plug in, but I'm still getting that issue where I buy crafting materials, the blacksmith recognizes that I have them. I go and save, lose the game, turn it back on and load the game. Go back to the blacksmith and he doesn't think I have any crafting materials. I buy more, and now he still doesn't see them. I don't know what to do :(

14. Fitcher

Fitcher Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    i was sure i did not have the issue but i just tested it my self and seems i got the same problem.

with new game everything works fine untill i save, exit to title screen to load up my save again and it says i got no materials even though i got them in my inventory and buying more dosent help.

15. Fitcher

Fitcher Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Okey i just tested to shut down RPG maker, manually delete the old plugin and downloaded from the link and set it back in and now it seems to work fine for me.

16. sarugaki339

First Language:
    English
    Wow, you're right. I did what you said and manually deleted the plug in from my plug ins folder, shut down rpg maker, downloaded the update again, put it in my plug ins folder, started up rpg maker, deleted the plug in from my plug ins list, reselected the new plug in, and now it seems to be working! Even from a saved game. I even bought more crafting materials to test and they are also registering. Nice, glad we could figure that out! Thank you!

17. Fitcher

Fitcher Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Im glad it worked, Good to keep in mind for future plugin updating. :)

Now if only we can get the plugin from not using up items when trying to learn an already known recipe that would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
    Iliketea likes this.
  18. MeowCatMeow

MeowCatMeow Member, what did you expect? Member

First Language:
    English
    I had used it before, worked well.

However, since yesterday, it has been saying I have 0 of every item.

The currency is there, it works, just not the items.

Any suggestions? Maybe its an incompatible script.

I am using most of Yanfly's scripts.

The only script I installed before it stopped working was an updated enemybook.

19. Ryuk

Ryuk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi, first, thanks , really nice work, but i want to tell you something about your script, when you use it, and when in your item/People with recipe book is used, if you go down the page, scipt crash with "Eachfull" error :/ I have the last version, i used Yanfly Engine. Maybe didn't work with this?

EDIT : I searched and I find the error , I added an inventory index that did not have the recipe , sorry ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  20. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

Would it be possible that after you select to craft an item from the menu, could you call up a common event? Say I had it were you could call the crafting menu from a iron anvil. After I look up the recipe and select the one I want could it exit the menu, call up the common event. I thought that might be a way that we could make the "animations" for crafting. The item being made could be dumped to a variable then given in the common event, or the menu could be reopened and the crafting event completed. Sorry if this is still much work. I really want to use your crafting system in my game, but I did want to get a little more in-depth with the crafting bit.