Szyu's Crafting System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Szyu, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SaiScott

SaiScott Ikishin Founder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Love this system, and it's exactly what I needed for my project! Since you requested to be informed of what projects it'll be used in, I'll be using it in a project im doing with my friend called "Ikishin", which will eventually be avaialble at http://ikishin.com :)

2. Szyu

Szyu Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Future plans for this script:

- Adding a crafting animation

- Crafting Quantities

Eventually I'll have a look into making it compatible with yanfly's item core, since almost every game uses yanfly's scripts/plugins

DBDragoner likes this.
  3. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

Looking forward to seeing the future features. I only have one last suggest before I'm on my merry way. Would it be possible to have items that are needed in the crafting recipe, but are not consumed? Say like a blessed cup to make holy water, or a special knife needed to chop certain ingredients.

4. Kupori

Kupori Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I got the problem that the crafting menu only show 0 ingredients, but i have a few of them in the inventory.

5. tsunetakaryu

tsunetakaryu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    +1, me too.

I checked and it seems the ItemCore 1.09 will conflict with Crafting System, no matter put this script below or above the yanfly's ItemCore plugin. 

Moo :D likes this.
  6. MeowCatMeow

MeowCatMeow Member, what did you expect? Member

First Language:
    English
    This is stupid. I updated the plugin, and now the menu won't even pop up!

I wanted crafting to be a key element in my game. Enemy's drop items that are used for crafting.

I downloaded the alternate layout.

I use the plugin command "CraftingSystem open 0"

The older version I had said I had no items (I have tails in my inventory, and it says I have tails), and this version does not even work.

Please help. Or just respond. Anything?

Sorry if i'm being rude, but I cannot continue developing my game until this if fixed.

I waited almost a week (possibly more) for a reply to my previous comment, nothing.

7. SaiScott

SaiScott Ikishin Founder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Have you tried messing around with it outside of following the help section? Try "CraftingSystem open 1" instead. Exact command I have in mine, and it works just fine. I assume "0" was just an example number in the help section

8. MeowCatMeow

MeowCatMeow Member, what did you expect? Member

First Language:
    English
    Yes, no luck. I also tried renaming the sections, doing "CraftingSystem open (name of section)", and putting " marks around the name of section. No luck on these, either.

I have it set to open from Yanfly's main menu core, but even without it, the new version does not work. I went through some files, and i'm almost sure its not a conflicting plugin.

I know for a fact this has nothing to do with my recipe book item or the recipes for items.

PS: This is probably something really simple and me just being an idiot. Maybe.

9. PotionDose

PotionDose Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Would anyone mind to PM and run me through how to use this? I've tried but i can't wrap my fingers around it. Thanks! :D

10. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

11. PotionDose

First Language:
    English
    I tried following that but I still had no luck.

12. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What are you having trouble with? 

Under events on page three, there is an option called call plugin in scene: CraftingSystem open 0  <---- Copy that into that scene to see if you can get the "Menu" to open when you talk to that event. 

+1, me too.

I dont have this issue, but I think Yanfly just updated her plugin. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  13. PotionDose

First Language:
    English
    I got that part where the menue opens but thats all i understand. I want to be able to create lets say, an iron sword. Its honestly a lot to explain :(

14. DBDragoner

Okay, is it the creating of the recipes?

First you go into the item you want to create, say your iron sword. Go ahead and set up your sword. When you are done in its notebox you need to place what you want it to be made out of. The i stands for items, w for weaponds, and a for armor. The next number is which one in the data base it is. If your iron is item number 4 and you want to use two iron per sword, you would set up the recipe in the sword's notebox like so:

<recipe>

i: 4, 2

</recipe>

You also need to add the sword to the book your gonna call it from.

Did this help any, or its there another are in which you are confused about?

15. PotionDose

First Language:
    English
    That cleared up alot. Thanks a ton! But I dunno how to get the item to pop up in a menu. I replaced blacksmith with "Anvil" so when i click on anvil it brings up the menu. But no idea how to get recipes to show up in there. 

Edit: What do you mean Book?

16. Sol Rising

Sol Rising Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Maybe someone can help me here... I've inputted all the commands and bring up the crafting window, the list shows the item to craft but it doesn't read that I have the materials in my inventory. Does this conflict with Yanflys item core? Any help would be appreciated.

I have the latest version of Yanfly's Item Core v1.11

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hi there ^^ Just a quick question:

Is it possible to make an item having TWO recipes? like for example you can make an iron ingot either using 4 iron bits or using 1 iron ore.

Of course you could just make two different iron ingots but then you also would have to make to of every item that uses iron ingots and that could become quite messy.

So I think that that would be an awesome feature.  

18. DBDragoner

Having Yanfly's Item Core plugin still interferes with the crafting system. Its sees all ingredients as 0 no matter how many you have if you have a cap on that category. If you want to use her plugin with the crafting system you have to change the Max items, Max Armors, and Max Weapons to 0. I updated my plugins too. I think this has to do with how the items are being made separate. The game no longer "sees" them as the same item.

19. Sol Rising

Sol Rising Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    thanks that was the problem. I guess i'll have to hold off on this plugin until it's compatible with yanfly's item core then. I'm really trying to avoid having the game allow someone carry x99 recovery items, and it also breaks the random variance that makes items unique at the same time :(

I'll keep an eye on this plugin hopefully in the future it'll work together :D

20. tsunetakaryu

tsunetakaryu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    I should say I found something...

A very-new started game with the player in a small tester map, a chest with lots of materials for crafting, and a event with plugin command "CraftingSystem open 0", in this case the ingredients were displayed normally and I can countinue my crafting. But after a half-hour walk-through in-game playing, though I have some ingredients, everything as 0. That's very strange.