Szyu's Crafting System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Szyu, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MeowCatMeow

MeowCatMeow Member, what did you expect? Member

First Language:
    English
    I started a new play through of my game, thinking maybe it was just a save file error. When I got the recipe book, it worked for a while, then just stopped. Same problem as always, all items except currency are 0, even if I have those items. It could be one of two things, here is my hypothesis: Yanfly's Item core could be the problem, as it changes items, and (sometimes) glitches gear. I have not tested it yet, but we can know for sure if we disable item core, start a new game, and see if we can craft items throughout various areas and playtime's of the game.

2. Aidensmercy

Aidensmercy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    So far, everything works perfectly. Great plugin!

Is there any way to use the plugin command with yanfly's main menu plugin, so that I can have a crafting option in my menu, and be able to disable it when I need to.

3. beenbaba

beenbaba Slowly getting there Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Aidensmercy I'm not sure if this will be helpful for you or not, but this is how I'm doing it. I created a common event with a choice box and set my choices to the categories for the crafting, then when you select the category from this list use the plugin command to open that crafting category. Then, add the common event to Yanfly's main menu manager and this works great for me  :D

EDIT: then in the Enable bit in yanfly main menu manager I use $gameSwitches.value(switchID) to enable or disable it based on whether the switch is on or off

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Aidensmercy

First Language:
    english
    Thank you for this!

It actutally works better doing it this way, I can add pictures and graphics in the background with this.

5. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    @Aidensmercy No problem, glad I could help! I'd be interested to see what you do with the pictures in the background and I'm sure other people might as well  :)

6. Aidensmercy

First Language:
    english
    just thought i'd show what i was doing with it and how to set it up.

[​IMG][​IMG]

beenbaba likes this.
  7. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    Awesome! Didn't even think about something like this. Looks really good bud!  :D

8. Ronivan

Ronivan Ser Roni Member

First Language:
    English
    Someone could explain how to use this plugin? I made a test, created an item #1 Red Potion, inserted the note:

<recipe>

i: 10, 1

i: 11, 1

i: 12, 1

</recipe>

made the recipe book #20

<recipe_book>

category: 1

i: 1

</recipe_book>

made an event with the correct category, and still nothing, no clue whats wrong.

SOLUTION FOUNDED: It seems that this plugin was conflicting with another plugin that handles items quantities, but a simple position changing solved the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
  9. Anime_Fusion

Anime_Fusion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is easy if you don't mind being able to craft directly in your inventory. Just do common event in the item and call the plug in. But it would be nice if you could have it in your inventory to view requirements, but not be able to craft it unless you were at a station.

Another thing I did: Because I found it kind of annoying to hold the key item when I couldn't do anything with it, I just made a craft station and did this:

[​IMG]

Adding the book during the event lets you open the craft system. Afterwards, just delete the book. The command that adds the recipe still works into the book passively, since I added the book after I added the recipe. This is good, because I can find ways to add recipes without the book in my key items. I'm sure everyone knew this though, but thought I'd post it anyways. xD

EDIT: Okay maybe not. I just tried an event before adding the recipe. If you add it to the book it will always be there. Any way to add the recipe later or do you have to make tons of key items....kind of a hassle. :( Hmmm....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  10. Szyu

Szyu Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for everyone who did their best to help others with their problems... Unfortunately I didn't have time to fix the yanfly compatibility issue. I hope I'll get it done soon so you can enjoy both plugins at once.

As others have stated, roughly put you have to define the following things:

1. Set up a recipe book item as a key item

2. Set up the recipes for items you want to craft

3. give the party the recipe book

4. open the crafting menu using a plugin command "CraftingSystem open x", where x is the zero-base id of the category

11. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    Hi szyu,

Excellent plugin, works very well with my game. Would you be able to add the ability to play an se when the item has finished being crafted? As much as the window popping up is good the sound offers some more feedback to the player that they've crafted the item.

Iliketea likes this.
  12. MickiCZ

MickiCZ Villager Member

First Language:
    Čeština
    Hello,
    I have a problem with this plugin. Everything works great, but when I open Crafting scene and press the right arrow will appear error Can not read property 'price' of undefined. Anybody got an idea what to do?

Console error.png

13. Szyu

Szyu Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    New version is out:

- added customizable crafting sounds for each category

- changed layout

So as for the yanfly item core compatibility:

I seem to do something wrong, because I've got the item core turned on, but everything seems to be running just fine...

Has anyone a detailed info as for how I can get the problems you all have? Do I need any other yanfly script to reproduce it?

beenbaba likes this.
  14. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Could you add different layout to, please ?

15. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Quick question, you can use the Q and W key to "turn page" , to display different information i mean, right?

But for some reason that doesnt seem to work anymore, now it goes to the recipe pages in the crafting menu, like on page 1 are recipes 1-20, page 2 are recipes 21- 40, etc. 

That itself is usefull too, but how can you see the information now?

16. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

@Szyu

You download link is down. If you still need help figuring out the problem with Yanfly's item core (unless a recent update fixed it) turn on the item limit. Thats where the problem lies.

17. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    Thank you Szyu for adding the crafting sounds! Very happy! :)

18. Twisted_Warlok

Twisted_Warlok 3D/2D Indie Game Dev Member

First Language:
    English
    Any way to call this from Yanfly's Main menu Manager?

Edit: I'm just looking for the bind. I tried using SceneManager.push(Scene_CraftingMenu) but it returns that Scene_CraftingMenu is not defined.

Edit2: Nevermind. I just set it as a common event and used the common event rules for the Main Menu Manager. It works fine.

">http://[​IMG]

For this entry I put CraftingSystem open 0 in common event 100 and used Menu EXT  100 as that corresponds to the common event number. Menu Symbol for common events is... common event and I used the default common event bind for the menu main bind.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
    Rutibex and Warboss74 like this.
  19. Tigrean

Tigrean Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok Szyu,

I'm having the same trouble that Jeffery Torres had a few pages back. I have your 1.02 patch and I get this happens every time I try to start a play test:

TypeError

"Cannot read property 'forEach' of null"

This seems to come up after it tries to read 186:60 in your plug-in. I have the book set to key item I also have all of Yanfly's updated item plug-ins.

Below is how I have the note tag written.

<recipe_book>

category: 0

i: 40

w: 62, 63, 64, 65, 67, 68, 69, 70, 72, 73, 74, 75, 77, 78, 79, 80, 82, 83, 84, 85, 87, 88, 89, 90, 92, 93, 94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 100, 102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 108, 110 These are all on the same line just the forum is too small to show it that way

</recipe_book>

This is one of the recipies

<recipe>

i: 36, 2

</recipe>

and here is the screen shot of the control panel

[​IMG]

I was able to find the issue I had two items with blank recipes. Thanks again for the wonderful Plug-in.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  20. Tigrean

Tigrean Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok Now I have a wierd problem I added a recipe book and I associated it with the same event as another recipe book but when I hit that book it only shows the recipes of the first book I added. So I tried to associate it to another event and another category and the book shows no recipes am I doing something wrong. I'm also trying to do this from a saved game.

I just put it in a dummy project with all but one plug-in that I am using and it shows only 2 of the 6 recipes that are suppose to be in the book. I double checked the recipes and they are in the correct syntax. All my yanflie plug-ins are fully updated too. it works fine with the original book I made.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015