Szyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I was not able to recreate any problems with Yanfly's Item Core plugin... So I have no idea how I can fix the problems some of you are heaving...

And since I am busy at the moment, unfortunately I will not be able to make much progress with my ideas for this script...

@DBDragoner:

I'm your fan now.... Many thanks for making such an awesome video about my script =)

Did I see right that you are also using the Item Core plugin? If so, can you tell what problems some people are running into? I'd like to put your video into the OP, so everone stumbling onto this topic will immediately see is (of course only with your permission).

@Tigrean:

it appears you didn't have the current version. The line your screenshot is linking to cannot throw any nullpointer exception, so I'd recommend using the latest version.

@ShadowMiscreant:

As stated by others before, you have to give the recipe books to the party. Try watching DBDragoners video to make sure you have done every step.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was not able to recreate any problems with Yanfly's Item Core plugin... So I have no idea how I can fix the problems some of you are heaving...

And since I am busy at the moment, unfortunately I will not be able to make much progress with my ideas for this script...

@DBDragoner:

I'm your fan now.... Many thanks for making such an awesome video about my script =)

Did I see right that you are also using the Item Core plugin? If so, can you tell what problems some people are running into? I'd like to put your video into the OP, so everone stumbling onto this topic will immediately see is (of course only with your permission).

@Tigrean:

it appears you didn't have the current version. The line your screenshot is linking to cannot throw any nullpointer exception, so I'd recommend using the latest version.

@ShadowMiscreant:

As stated by others before, you have to give the recipe books to the party. Try watching DBDragoners video to make sure you have done every step.
I have your 1.4 ver. and I still having issue with sounds but I can craft. It is just if I have more than one sound in your plug-in it says it can't find the .OGG file even though I have the appropriate name, - the .OGG, and crashes the game. if I only have 1 sound it doesn't play the sound but doesn't crash the game ether.

Last edited by a moderator:

GameJester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Szyu
I installed your script and works wonderfully however the script is having troubles loading sounds. I get an error saying "Cannot load %20Mortar.ogg when I already put it in the settings of the plugin and inserted the sound Mortar.ogg 

Edit: Nevermind lol, i'm a newbie at javascript and didn't realize at the time %20 was "space". so i deleted 1 char before Mortar.ogg in the plugin settings and it works now.

jovanlisac

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I cant make it to show item description, i made alchemy recipes but there is no description, and Q and W do nothing.

Floria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank's for this amazing plugin.

But I don't understad how add new recipe. I try this on an event :

CraftingSystem add_recipe 0: w3

it's for add recipe of weapon 3 to the book1 for blacksmithing. But the game crash

-DaenA-

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank's for this amazing plugin.

But I don't understad how add new recipe. I try this on an event :

CraftingSystem add_recipe 0: w3

it's for add recipe of weapon 3 to the book1 for blacksmithing. But the game crash

If I'm understanding correctly, then shouldn't that say:

CraftingSystem add_recipe 1: w3

If your book is recipe 1 then it should say 1, not 0.

Floria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
I've find my problem !

The 1 must be the number id of the object book created.

Kira Oblivion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Amazing Work. I would like to use this in my current project "Soul Advent 2: Return to Chaos" which I will be putting on Steam, Apple IPhone Store, and Google Play for Android.

I do have a quick question, is it possible to have this menu set up as an option in the start menu?

ZaleAcon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I realize that I'm a bit late, but I'm hoping that someone here can help me with a question. I'm trying to use this crafting system in my current project, but I can't figure out how to make the page shift between ingredients and status (as the Q and W buttons don't seem to be working for whatever reason; I'm not sure if it's a problem with my computer or something else entirely), and the player needs to be able to see item descriptions due to many pieces of equipment having elemental or status resistances. Can anyone give me an idea about how to switch the pages?

Willman321

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there! 

So before we begin I am pretty much script illiterate...so please bear with me.

I am looking to use this plugin in my game and would like to know something.

Ok so say I made a shield. That shield is made with 3 pieces of iron as I made it use those in the note tags. 

Now The shield unlocked another blueprint for a heavy iron shield and it requires 5 iron to make. 

That is what I want, however I dont want the player to see the Heavy iron shield as even being there until the normal shield has been made. When the normal shield is made then the new crafting blueprint will show up.

Is there a way to do this or would i just have to have it available and make the small shield as a regent material for the heavy iron shield (Which is not what i want to do)

Thank you very much (also i like the plugin! good job)

Amazing Work. I would like to use this in my current project "Soul Advent 2: Return to Chaos" which I will be putting on Steam, Apple IPhone Store, and Google Play for Android.

I do have a quick question, is it possible to have this menu set up as an option in the start menu?

I found that using Yanfly's Main menu manager worked for me. You will have to mess around with it but I will show you what I did.
You can get the Plugin here: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-14-main-menu-manager/

Using the Plugin I had it call on the common event that is tied to the crafting system,
I put mine below the Items option in the Main menu (this is Menu 10 in the parameters for the Main menu manager so we will use 11)

Mine is as follows

Menu 11 Name: 'Crafting' {You can call it whatever youd like just make sure to add the 'quotes' around it.}

Menu 11 Symbol common event {You are caling on a common event)}Menu 11 Show true {type in true or false)

Menu 11 Enabled true {Type in true or false}

Menu 11 Ext 4 {On mine the common event that is running this plugin is the 4th common event. Yours will be different}

Menu 11 Main Bind this.callCommonEvent.bind(this) {That calls on the common event to run}

Menu 11 Actor Bind {Leave this area blank}

I hope that helps and that i understood your question correctly.

Or are you asking from the start menu at new game, continue, quit?

Chibi-Alien

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there! 

So before we begin I am pretty much script illiterate...so please bear with me.

I am looking to use this plugin in my game and would like to know something.

Ok so say I made a shield. That shield is made with 3 pieces of iron as I made it use those in the note tags. 

Now The shield unlocked another blueprint for a heavy iron shield and it requires 5 iron to make. 

That is what I want, however I dont want the player to see the Heavy iron shield as even being there until the normal shield has been made. When the normal shield is made then the new crafting blueprint will show up.

Is there a way to do this or would i just have to have it available and make the small shield as a regent material for the heavy iron shield (Which is not what i want to do)

Thank you very much (also i like the plugin! good job)

I found that using Yanfly's Main menu manager worked for me. You will have to mess around with it but I will show you what I did.
You can get the Plugin here: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-14-main-menu-manager/

Using the Plugin I had it call on the common event that is tied to the crafting system,
I put mine below the Items option in the Main menu (this is Menu 10 in the parameters for the Main menu manager so we will use 11)

Mine is as follows

Menu 11 Name: 'Crafting' {You can call it whatever youd like just make sure to add the 'quotes' around it.}

Menu 11 Symbol common event {You are caling on a common event)}Menu 11 Show true {type in true or false)

Menu 11 Enabled true {Type in true or false}

Menu 11 Ext 4 {On mine the common event that is running this plugin is the 4th common event. Yours will be different}

Menu 11 Main Bind this.callCommonEvent.bind(this) {That calls on the common event to run}

Menu 11 Actor Bind {Leave this area blank}

I hope that helps and that i understood your question correctly.

Or are you asking from the start menu at new game, continue, quit?

I've played around with this script for a while now. While it is very robust, I don't think there is a way to do this 'right out of the box' with the script. Shoot me a PM and I believe I can give you a couple of ways to implement this. As long as your not afraid to copy a few lines of his already written code back into the script.

megated123

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I am planning to use this for my new game who am I.

hey I'm having a small problem. my recipes wont show up.

I named my recipe book weaponsbook1 (I'm gonna have multiple crafting types and levels to obtain)

weaponsbook1

<recipe_book>

category 0

i: 6

</recipe_book>

Custom flintlock lv.2

<recipe>

i: 6

</recipe>

yes I do have my scrap metal set to consumable and I tried making a new file. help please? I'm using the trial and I'm planning on spending a lot of time to make this as in depth as I can within my time limit.

I realized I didn't add the recipe so I did but now I'm getting an error message.

I got the error to stop but it still wont show my recipes. I literally spent all day checking everything over and over. I followed the instructions exactly and searched through all the comments trying to find an answer. I have tried everything. please help.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
megated123, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

rainycrystal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to craft items without a recipe book? I don't want to use them in my game. I'd like to create a skill and let the skill contain the recipes or something vaguely similar to that. I'd just like it to be more skill based and not recipe based.

DBDragoner

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
@rainycrystal Your best bet then is to have the different skills set hidden in a key item.  Nobody said the recipe books had to be actual books. Have a common event parallel process that checks your skill level and reward new recipes to the player as they gain skill by sneakily adding recipes to your item or items if you want things organized. It may not be exactly what you want, buts its a way to create the illusion of a crafting tier based on skill. Not too sure on how to raise that skill, but hey its a start.

If you really want to you can use Yanfly's Common Event Menu to make a custom crafting system. Its more work, but you have a lot more control over it.

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I created a recipe book, made sure to give the player the recipe book at the start of the game, and made a workbench with multiple areas of crafting. However, when I try to craft with the workbench, I get this:

rpgmakererror.jpg

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I think this is the best MV Crafting Plugin currently. It's perfect for me. Great Job!

It's the closer to Mr. Bubble's Ace one. In some things better: the separeted calls for category are awesome.

But... Q and W keys don't work. I don't understand why. It's a very annoying issue.

I would like just that the window showed me the item description instead of statistics and prices.
Is a change that I can do alone? If so, how?

I hope you will improve this plugin because it deserve it.

Beliel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using your script in a non commercial RPG me and my girlfriend are making. I greatly appreciate it!  :D

Beliel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wont lie, I think a confirmation window would be great when selecting an item/weapon or whatever you are crafting. Other than that, after reading with a little trial and error I finally got it all started. Would a confirmation be simple to do?

pkkpirate

TheGuy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how would i go about level restricting recipes?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Necrozys