Szyu's Crafting System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Szyu, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Raen Andaleio

Raen Andaleio Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I have a problem.

In my game, you start out with an empty recipe book which you will fill over time. This is my code for the book:

<recipe_book>
    category: 0
    </recipe_book>

When I do this, I get an error even before the game menu screen loads: "TypeError - Cannot read property 'forEach' of null".

Removing the "category: 0" helps, however the recipes I add using the plugin command "CraftingSystem add_recipe 3: i1" do not show up.

So I did this:

<recipe_book>
    category: 0
    i:
    </recipe_book>

That prevents the error, but it also adds an empty recipe that will cause the game to crash whenever I select it: "TypeError - Cannot reat property '_ingredients' of undefined.

This means apparently it is not possible to add an empty recipe book to the game. The book must contain at least one recipe from the get-go. Can this be fixed so one can add an empty recipe book?

2. LazESigma

LazESigma Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just downloaded the latest version. Glad to see the parameters on the same screen as the ingredients!
    One thing. Where is the description for the Item you are making?
    If something doesn't provide Stat increases but has a special ability, being able to see the description of the item you are crafting would be almost a necessity. I did try navigating the script file but couldn't figure out the line that pull the Item Desc out.
    I saw this.drawItemName(item, x, y); but not sure how to pull the text off it.

3. LazESigma

LazESigma Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think Q/W was eliminated after both the parameters and the ingredients got placed on the same screen.
    I also am trying to figure out where the Item Description is!!!

4. Richard H.

Richard H. Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Ngocschnack

Ngocschnack Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello guys
    I have just one problem.
    Whenever i want to craft an item (i have all ingredients) it says

Error
    Failed to load: audio/se/%20Ice4.ogg

I already checked my game folders and Ice4 exists.
    I also tried changing Ice4 to another SE but it still comes up with the changed SE name.

I still want to thank you for this awesome plug-in!!

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That bit of the error message %20 is telling you that it is looking for a file which begins with a space, not a character. Check your file name, and check where the command to look for a SE is being loaded from. There should be no spaces before the text in a file name.

7. Ngocschnack

Ngocschnack Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, I solved the problem!
    I have one more question:
    I deleted the Plug-in-command CraftingSystem add_recipe 1: w2 (for example)
    from my event and when i start my game, the recipe still pops up in the Blacksmith.
    My question is, why do I need this command?
    It seems like it only needs the key-item recipe book and the recipes linked to it, right?
    So when I create recipes, I dont have to use this Command on every recipe, right?

8. JonahPaul

JonahPaul Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I am having a similar problem: I set everything up as shown and used some tutorials to confirm i did it right but when I open the crafting book I made this happens. Why is nothing showing up?I for sure have what it says down correctly.... Is there something I may be missing or a bug?

Attached Files:

• BUG.PNG
      BUG.PNG
      File size:
      256.9 KB
      Views:
  9. Retron84

Retron84 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I fixed this by having a simple generic recipe for a basic health potion included. Not a glamorous fix but it worked for me, since I needed one anyway.
    I'm having an issue where I can't add a recipe to an existing book. I want the player to collect recipes as they go throughout the world and add them to one single crafting book.
    Is there any trick to using the CraftingSystem add_recipe 1: i12 plugin command?
    I've got it set up so that if the character reads a book it shows some text about the book, like so, and then runs the plugin command, but when calling the CraftingSystem open 0 command it doesn't show the new recipes, only the potion recipe that is pre-defined in to the book.

EDIT: And for some reason if I try and use a book with the category of 0 and add something to it, I get a _recipe_book null error.

Untitled.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Geieet likes this.
  10. Retron84

Retron84 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to make 10 of an item from a single ingredient?
    Say I wanted to grind a single piece of silver ore in to 10 lots of silver dust, would it be possible to produce 10 items from a recipe used only once containing a single item?

11. Nectar

Nectar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The whole "QW" or whatever doesn't work. I can't switch pages lol, also cant use created weapons to create other weapons

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  12. Nectar

Nectar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you please implement the QW page switching again...

13. Peva

Peva Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals. Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, strange request. It works perfectly, first off. Wonderfully made! However, I was wondering if I could request a slight modification. I don't want the user to have to ever pay. They'll be doing the crafting themselves, not paying others to do it, if that makes sense. So is there a simple way to just remove the whole display for currency?

George Halstead likes this.
  14. George Halstead

George Halstead Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would like that as well as a person in the MC's group will do the crafting.

15. Fayth

Fayth Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For some reason when I open the craft menu it only shows the first item on the list and none of the other ones. And even when I delete that specific item from the book it's still the only one there. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this.

16. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think I did everything okay, but it still crashes.... Demo would be nice.

17. billx94

billx94 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey so im having a problem. When i try to make a flame sword the crafting section says i don't have one even when i do, could someone please help me out. mv book.png mv weapon.png problem .png problem2.png

18. whiteofmike

whiteofmike Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have created items, weapons, and the book. notetag everything that need to be made my common event, and double check my spelling. and i still can not get a window to pop up. it just goes back to the game screen. any help?

19. Mill

Mill Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    IGM
    Hey, man... (I'm bad speek at English langueg, but isn't a big problem). You must help me, because i don't understant why i can't use your code. I have pictures... Screen, when draw my problem... Pleas, look at.

Attached Files:

20. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Mill Just checking. The information under your avatar says that you are using IGM, and this plugin is only for MV. Are you using MV or IGM?

Also, to help us see more clearly, when taking a screenshot, please use Alt+PrtSc. That way we get a clear picture of the active window. Much better than trying to take a photo on your phone.