Raen Andaleio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have a problem.

In my game, you start out with an empty recipe book which you will fill over time. This is my code for the book:

<recipe_book>
category: 0
</recipe_book>

When I do this, I get an error even before the game menu screen loads: "TypeError - Cannot read property 'forEach' of null".

Removing the "category: 0" helps, however the recipes I add using the plugin command "CraftingSystem add_recipe 3: i1" do not show up.

So I did this:

<recipe_book>
i:
</recipe_book>

That prevents the error, but it also adds an empty recipe that will cause the game to crash whenever I select it: "TypeError - Cannot reat property '_ingredients' of undefined.

This means apparently it is not possible to add an empty recipe book to the game. The book must contain at least one recipe from the get-go. Can this be fixed so one can add an empty recipe book?

LazESigma

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just downloaded the latest version. Glad to see the parameters on the same screen as the ingredients!
One thing. Where is the description for the Item you are making?
If something doesn't provide Stat increases but has a special ability, being able to see the description of the item you are crafting would be almost a necessity. I did try navigating the script file but couldn't figure out the line that pull the Item Desc out.
I saw this.drawItemName(item, x, y); but not sure how to pull the text off it.

LazESigma

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cant make it to show item description, i made alchemy recipes but there is no description, and Q and W do nothing.

I think Q/W was eliminated after both the parameters and the ingredients got placed on the same screen.
I also am trying to figure out where the Item Description is!!!

Ngocschnack

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys
I have just one problem.
Whenever i want to craft an item (i have all ingredients) it says

Error
Failed to load: audio/se/%20Ice4.ogg

I already checked my game folders and Ice4 exists.
I also tried changing Ice4 to another SE but it still comes up with the changed SE name.

I still want to thank you for this awesome plug-in!!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That bit of the error message %20 is telling you that it is looking for a file which begins with a space, not a character. Check your file name, and check where the command to look for a SE is being loaded from. There should be no spaces before the text in a file name.

Ngocschnack

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That bit of the error message %20 is telling you that it is looking for a file which begins with a space, not a character. Check your file name, and check where the command to look for a SE is being loaded from. There should be no spaces before the text in a file name.

Thanks, I solved the problem!
I have one more question:
I deleted the Plug-in-command CraftingSystem add_recipe 1: w2 (for example)
from my event and when i start my game, the recipe still pops up in the Blacksmith.
My question is, why do I need this command?
It seems like it only needs the key-item recipe book and the recipes linked to it, right?
So when I create recipes, I dont have to use this Command on every recipe, right?

JonahPaul

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, this plugin is really cool but doesnt seem to work for me.

I added a new category called Cooking and tried to make a bread.

I added the note with the recipe to the bread item

UhLViN3.png

made the 4 ingredients and a recipe book

gBlHcew.png

Then I made a event with the plugin call : CraftingSystem open Kochen

And this happens:

1HR8OYh.png

Nothing.

I also thought that you maybe need to add the recipe with an extra call or something,

so I made a event that should add the recipe to the cooking book:

CraftingSystem add_recipe 15: i10

Buuuuuuuut..... nothing happend. again nothing I could craft.

What did I wrong?

Also, it would be nice if you could add an explanation to the help file, not just the script calls. Or a tutorial or something.

But other then that, great work!

I am having a similar problem: I set everything up as shown and used some tutorials to confirm i did it right but when I open the crafting book I made this happens. Why is nothing showing up?I for sure have what it says down correctly.... Is there something I may be missing or a bug?

Attachments

• BUG.PNG
    BUG.PNG
    256.9 KB · Views: 16

Retron84

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a problem.

In my game, you start out with an empty recipe book which you will fill over time. This is my code for the book:

<recipe_book>
</recipe_book>

When I do this, I get an error even before the game menu screen loads: "TypeError - Cannot read property 'forEach' of null".

Removing the "category: 0" helps, however the recipes I add using the plugin command "CraftingSystem add_recipe 3: i1" do not show up.

So I did this:

<recipe_book>
i:
</recipe_book>

That prevents the error, but it also adds an empty recipe that will cause the game to crash whenever I select it: "TypeError - Cannot reat property '_ingredients' of undefined.

This means apparently it is not possible to add an empty recipe book to the game. The book must contain at least one recipe from the get-go. Can this be fixed so one can add an empty recipe book?

I fixed this by having a simple generic recipe for a basic health potion included. Not a glamorous fix but it worked for me, since I needed one anyway.
I'm having an issue where I can't add a recipe to an existing book. I want the player to collect recipes as they go throughout the world and add them to one single crafting book.
Is there any trick to using the CraftingSystem add_recipe 1: i12 plugin command?
I've got it set up so that if the character reads a book it shows some text about the book, like so, and then runs the plugin command, but when calling the CraftingSystem open 0 command it doesn't show the new recipes, only the potion recipe that is pre-defined in to the book.

EDIT: And for some reason if I try and use a book with the category of 0 and add something to it, I get a _recipe_book null error.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Retron84

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to make 10 of an item from a single ingredient?
Say I wanted to grind a single piece of silver ore in to 10 lots of silver dust, would it be possible to produce 10 items from a recipe used only once containing a single item?

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The whole "QW" or whatever doesn't work. I can't switch pages lol, also cant use created weapons to create other weapons

Last edited:

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please implement the QW page switching again...

Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, strange request. It works perfectly, first off. Wonderfully made! However, I was wondering if I could request a slight modification. I don't want the user to have to ever pay. They'll be doing the crafting themselves, not paying others to do it, if that makes sense. So is there a simple way to just remove the whole display for currency?

George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, strange request. It works perfectly, first off. Wonderfully made! However, I was wondering if I could request a slight modification. I don't want the user to have to ever pay. They'll be doing the crafting themselves, not paying others to do it, if that makes sense. So is there a simple way to just remove the whole display for currency?
I would like that as well as a person in the MC's group will do the crafting.

Fayth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason when I open the craft menu it only shows the first item on the list and none of the other ones. And even when I delete that specific item from the book it's still the only one there. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I did everything okay, but it still crashes.... Demo would be nice.

billx94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey so im having a problem. When i try to make a flame sword the crafting section says i don't have one even when i do, could someone please help me out. mv book.png mv weapon.png problem .png problem2.png

whiteofmike

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have created items, weapons, and the book. notetag everything that need to be made my common event, and double check my spelling. and i still can not get a window to pop up. it just goes back to the game screen. any help?

Mill

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
IGM
Hey, man... (I'm bad speek at English langueg, but isn't a big problem). You must help me, because i don't understant why i can't use your code. I have pictures... Screen, when draw my problem... Pleas, look at.

Attachments

• IMG_20180426_181236.jpg
    IMG_20180426_181236.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180426_181221.jpg
    IMG_20180426_181221.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180426_181130.jpg
    IMG_20180426_181130.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180426_181119.jpg
    IMG_20180426_181119.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180426_181105.jpg
    IMG_20180426_181105.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180426_181040.jpg
    IMG_20180426_181040.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 10

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mill Just checking. The information under your avatar says that you are using IGM, and this plugin is only for MV. Are you using MV or IGM?

Also, to help us see more clearly, when taking a screenshot, please use Alt+PrtSc. That way we get a clear picture of the active window. Much better than trying to take a photo on your phone.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.
Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BearsWithHooves