TAA_BookMenu (v1.3.6)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by taaspider, Dec 8, 2018.

1. taaspider

taaspider Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We might be getting closer to fix this...
    Can you load the console (just press F8 when testing your game) and copy the full error message for me? A printscreen is fine, as long as you get the whole window.

2. KingGodzilla

KingGodzilla King of the Monsters Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hope I did this right lol.

[​IMG]

3. taaspider

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok... KingGodzilla's issue was fixed and released as a hotfix still on version 1.3.6.
    I advise everyone who was already using 1.3.6 to download the plugin again (specially if you use the Plugin Manager as datasource)!

4. manofrain

manofrain Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind. Take text from external files with the usual formatting. Dynamic text substitution from an external source. And some basic input automatic parsing.
    I am now deeply studying your plugin. And looked at the books.json file from the demo. Indeed, "find&replace" will help in most cases. I constantly work in a powerful ViM editor, and it will be very simple.
    Thanks for answering. You have created an extremely necessary and useful plugin. Without this functionality, I don’t even plan to use RMMV as an engine.

taaspider likes this.
  5. Crystalliney

Crystalliney Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @taaspider

I seem to have encountered a bug when using the book menu with Yanfly's Message Core.
    Using your demo version from the main post, and I added Yanfly's Core Engine and Message Core.
    Placing the <WordWrap> tag at either the start of the book or in the Book Text Format causes the text to be cut off at the end of the displayed text. Scrolling up leaves the last row of text partially shown and doesn't show any more lines below the original last line. Here is an example from the demo.
    The last image shows that without the word wrap tag, the text works correctly.

Intro Book.png Reading Intro Book.png
    Bottom of Intro Book.png
    Main Menu Book.png

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  6. taaspider

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there @Crystalliney !
    Sorry, I've been crazy busy at work and school and wasn't able to debug your issue yet (I also haven't finished debugging things for EseQueL :unsure:).
    If everything goes right, I may have some free time next week to pick up on coding. It may take some time, but I'll let you know as soon as I manage something!