taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jhs , It turned out to be quite simple, and was actually a bug on my code (which affected MZ only). The bug would only manifest if an additional layer was added to the scene on top of the book menu (which CGMZ_ToastManager does). So it could actually cause more compatibility issues in the future.

It's a quite simple fix, but I'll ask you to wait a bit more as I look into another possible bug before releasing 1.5.1, so that I can group everything in the same version. I'll probably release it in a few days! :)

jhs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you very much.

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jhs , the other issue was actually easier to fix than I expected!
I just released version 1.5.1 with both fixes. You can download it here. :D

jhs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It works fine. Thank you very much. :)

Zaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the update. Works like a charm.

Daena Grey

Fully Insane.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying this Plugin for a couple days-And there's one oddity I can't find any reasoning behind.

At the start of the game, I've placed the correct Plugin Command for the Player to learn multiple books at once so they may read at their leisure and it worked like a charm. However, moving on from that one...

There's a scenario where the Player is -Required- to learn a couple Books to proceed, and that simply... Doesn't show those Books in the Menu List. At all. I've even tried the Detached Window-but let me just show you what I got, when i tried that solution:

Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.png

After looking at both pictures myself, it feels like the issue is the same-But being not as Code-savvy as I should be, what I think I'm getting is that there's some sort of interference from other Plugins? Yet the Books can be viewed just fine if I don't hide books you've not found during the game. So... I don't really get it. Just as a small recap, if I try the "Learn" Plugin Command for one single Book, the Book won't show up in the Menu at all. Doesn't even give me any kind of prompt or info, so I'm way more in the dark about that one. (Yes I also did start a new game when I tried this. For reference.)

Gonna be waiting for some information I can't extort myself out of this one, sorry to put more work on ya-Though I'm loving the plugin and would really like to keep in my Project it all right.

Edit: I realised late there are two threads for the same Plugin though it works for both MV and MZ. Woops, that's my bad. I'm using MV, hope that's an oopsie I can be forgiven for.

Last edited:

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there!

Are you using a JSON file, or Plugin Manager as source?
From the error in your print I guess there's something wrong with this specific book's category. The line that is triggering the error is trying to validate that the book is marked as read, and for organization purposes it uses the category as an index. The error is telling me that the code is not finding the book category in the books read list.

If using Plugin Manager as a source, make sure the category is listed in the Category Order parameter, and that it is exactly the same text inside your books parameters. If using a JSON file, just make sure the category id is a valid index from the category list array!

I'm pretty sure that will do it, but if that doesn't solve the issue please send me your plugins.js file so I can take a look. :)

Daena Grey

Fully Insane.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have absolutely no idea how, but I went back and re-checked every bit of data about those Categories. There was absolutely no difference in how I typed it all-But just Copying the Category text itself onto the Book's Parameter itself seems to have... Done the trick? They're properly displaying now as they should have.

For the record-I was using the Plugin Manager, as I found it to be way less of a hassle to deal with. Seems like double-checking the categories was the right call, thank you very much! Now I can continue to appreciate your Plugin as I write way more stuff for it to tell the player.

Small Note: I started a completely new Game when I tested this last-and it finally worked as intended. So I'm now going to assume that for every book I add, I need to do that if I want to see it work until further notice... Just a theory, nothing more.

MikaTeapot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I updated from 1.4 to 1.51 and had some weird bugs. Like, starting a new game after loading an existing game - the books read would carry over, so I added a reset call before I had my "learn category" command. But then, and now, learn category isn't working.

Any ideas? I double and triple checked all my input. It worked fine before I updated.

Learning individual books works so I'm likely to just do the simple thing and have all 5 books be read individually, but these are some odd bugs.

EDIT: MV, I didn't even notice 2 threads :o

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I updated from 1.4 to 1.51 and had some weird bugs. Like, starting a new game after loading an existing game - the books read would carry over, so I added a reset call before I had my "learn category" command. But then, and now, learn category isn't working.

Any ideas? I double and triple checked all my input. It worked fine before I updated.

Learning individual books works so I'm likely to just do the simple thing and have all 5 books be read individually, but these are some odd bugs.
That's indeed strange... I just run a quick test with the sample project it worked fine. Can you PM me with a test project reproducing the error so I can take a look, please?

EDIT: MV, I didn't even notice 2 threads :o
Yes, I needed to create two threads, one for each version (otherwise MZ users may not find the plugin in the forums). But as long as you make it clear which one you're using I'm okay with replies in any one of them! ;)

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@taaspider Thank you for porting this wonderful plugin.
I'm having some difficulty setting up custom backgrounds for the Book Menu scene. The Detached book scene, I have up and running (see screenshot).

I think I'm doing the right thing with the settings for the Book Menu scene, and I have tried all the various combinations, but none of them show my custom graphic. The only way I can get it to display is by choosing "Full Background image" but a) I *do* want the default map print underneath it and b) when I select this option it cuts off a slice of the image on the bottom and right (I have checked by image sizes and also the title, text and list boxes all cover the entire screen area. I'm using the default 816x624 window size).

Any pointers?

Detached book menu shows fine with map print + single imageScreen Shot 2020-11-11 at 17.12.03.png
No image shown when selecting default map print+single imageScreen Shot 2020-11-11 at 17.12.22.png
The settingsScreen Shot 2020-11-11 at 17.12.43.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-11 at 17.12.52.png
When selecting Full background image (no map print) it displays with black border on bottom and right side.Journal.png

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Ophiucus Games !

I've run a few tests here and was able to replicate the issue. I believe I've already found the solution, but I'll need time to code and properly test it, which will probably happen in the weekend.

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello @Ophiucus Games !

I've run a few tests here and was able to replicate the issue. I believe I've already found the solution, but I'll need time to code and properly test it, which will probably happen in the weekend.
Thanks so much for your prompt reply. That's awesome, look forward to hearing an update!

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found and fixed a few bugs in version 1.5.2 (including background issues).

A special thanks to Ophiucus Games and DarkSearinox92 for lending a hand with testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thank you all angels so much! I've received fanarts, fanfics, song cover, and Ko-fis and such wonderful messages already! T uT Look at this message I'm crying (Ko-fi was being mean saying it was anonymous but she was like nooo it's me and showed me).
Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.
My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemaMaster