Spocker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
Yes it's the first thing I did, but even in the blank project it doesn't work. I'll MP you a test project immediately.
Thank you a lot for giving it a try!

MrTuwanda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! We're using the TAA Book Menu (v1.6.0) on RPG Maker MZ (v1.2.1), every time we put a space in the title of the book, the book doesn't open and it gets skipped over in the event. In the log (F12) it doesn't say anything at all when this happens.

UPDATE: This even still happens in a brand new project with no other plugins. As soon as the title of a book has a space in it, for example "My Book" instead of "MyBook," the plugin no longer works.

UPDATE AGAIN: Using in the in-plugin method of storing books, when you call a book in an event, we discovered you cannot use spaces. The title of the book to be displayed can have spaces, but the plugin command in the event cannot. Kinda important to know. If anyone else has this problem, what's why.

Last edited:

Spocker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, MrTuwanda, I'm pretty sure it's specified in TAA's description of this plugin ^^
Glad you found it though.

Hello! We're using the TAA Book Menu (v1.6.0) on RPG Maker MZ (v1.2.1), every time we put a space in the title of the book, the book doesn't open and it gets skipped over in the event. In the log (F12) it doesn't say anything at all when this happens.

UPDATE: This even still happens in a brand new project with no other plugins. As soon as the title of a book has a space in it, for example "My Book" instead of "MyBook," the plugin no longer works.

UPDATE AGAIN: Using in the in-plugin method of storing books, when you call a book in an event, we discovered you cannot use spaces. The title of the book to be displayed can have spaces, but the plugin command in the event cannot. Kinda important to know. If anyone else has this problem, what's why.

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For you guys that are using a custom window skin for the book menu (other than the "system" skin), just released version 1.6.1 with a small bug fix that would cause the window skin to not be loaded correctly when the menu or detached scene are loaded the first time after game boot!
I also included a failsafe to prevent errors caused by misconfigurations on background image settings.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!
welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit
some test stuff. Empty for now. My other project (this project) needs more attention. The lagging really kicks up when I try to capture gameplay. ✨

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc_826