Spocker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
Yes it's the first thing I did, but even in the blank project it doesn't work. I'll MP you a test project immediately.
Thank you a lot for giving it a try!

MrTuwanda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! We're using the TAA Book Menu (v1.6.0) on RPG Maker MZ (v1.2.1), every time we put a space in the title of the book, the book doesn't open and it gets skipped over in the event. In the log (F12) it doesn't say anything at all when this happens.

UPDATE: This even still happens in a brand new project with no other plugins. As soon as the title of a book has a space in it, for example "My Book" instead of "MyBook," the plugin no longer works.

UPDATE AGAIN: Using in the in-plugin method of storing books, when you call a book in an event, we discovered you cannot use spaces. The title of the book to be displayed can have spaces, but the plugin command in the event cannot. Kinda important to know. If anyone else has this problem, what's why.

Last edited:

Spocker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, MrTuwanda, I'm pretty sure it's specified in TAA's description of this plugin ^^
Glad you found it though.

Hello! We're using the TAA Book Menu (v1.6.0) on RPG Maker MZ (v1.2.1), every time we put a space in the title of the book, the book doesn't open and it gets skipped over in the event. In the log (F12) it doesn't say anything at all when this happens.

UPDATE: This even still happens in a brand new project with no other plugins. As soon as the title of a book has a space in it, for example "My Book" instead of "MyBook," the plugin no longer works.

UPDATE AGAIN: Using in the in-plugin method of storing books, when you call a book in an event, we discovered you cannot use spaces. The title of the book to be displayed can have spaces, but the plugin command in the event cannot. Kinda important to know. If anyone else has this problem, what's why.

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For you guys that are using a custom window skin for the book menu (other than the "system" skin), just released version 1.6.1 with a small bug fix that would cause the window skin to not be loaded correctly when the menu or detached scene are loaded the first time after game boot!
I also included a failsafe to prevent errors caused by misconfigurations on background image settings.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, wow!
6VDEms4.png

Still need one or two "placeholder" asset things and then I'm venturing into custom windows + menus!
(I'm a little scared, lol)
In the past hour I've both joined and left the RPG Maker subreddit. So many memories were made. Power to the gam mak!
So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:
I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.
mercba30 wrote on Jesse - PVGames's profile.
How do I get the new version of the character creator? Thank you in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bollehopp