Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TAA_CharacterPoses - v1.2.3
Created by taaspider

This plugin is compatible with both MV and MZ.

Terms of Use

Any plugins developed by taaspider are free for use for both commercial and noncommercial RPG Maker games, unless specified otherwise. Just remember to credit "taaspider".

Redistribution of parts or the whole of taaspider plugins is forbidden (which also includes reposting), unless it comes from the official website (linked within the post). You are allowed to edit and change the plugin code for your own use, but you're definitely not allowed to sell or reuse any part of the code as your own. Although not required to use my plugins, a free copy of your game would be nice!

Introduction

When we want to create memorable cutscenes, we need stuff to happen onscreen, not only a long sequence of messages with characters standing in place. Sometimes we need them to move around and behave like things are really happening there, and sometimes we need them to express themselves even more. Sometimes a simple movement of the head to agree or not what's being said, and sometimes even more complex behaviors like running, jumping, getting scared or simply acting different if left idle for too long.

You can get all of that by only using events, but if you're like me, going through a movement route window to configure the same patterns of animation over and over again can get really tiring.

This plugin aims to make character animation easier, and faster to use. It will allow you to configure whole sets of animations for your actors and call it with a simple Plugin Command. It will also let you make characters blink, change sprites when running and show a specific behavior when left idle for too long.

Plus, anything you can do for an actor can be done for NPCs using templates, or setting up a new pattern with comments. Not to mention support for spritesheets with more than three frames per direction!

Screenshots

TAA_CharacterPoses_sample_1.gif
TAA_CharacterPoses_sample_3.gif
TAA_CharacterPoses_sample_4.gif
TAA_CharacterPoses_EventSetup.png

Video

How to Use

WARNING: This plugin requires RPG Maker MV 1.5.0 or above! Please make sure your RPG Maker MV software is up to date before using this plugin.

First of, download the plugin here.

You can also test the plugin using my sample demo project. It was built with MV, but you can open it with MZ as well (just open the game.rmmzproject file and you're good to go). I've included a LOT of comments in the events at the TAA_CharacterPoses map to explain what is happening. Be sure to check them out.

I've also written a four part tutorial going through many of the pose setups from the demo:

Global Config

Global parameters are quite simple, and most of them are related to blinking:
  • Blink Interval: Defines the minimum amount of frames between each blink;
  • Blink Randomness: A random number between 0 and this value is added to the blink interval, adding a layer of randomness to character blinking. This way characters won't feel too robotic;
  • Blink Duration: Determines for how many frames blinking lasts;
  • Idle Wait Time: Determines for how many frames a character needs to stay still before triggering the idle pose automatically;
Character Poses

A pose is a pattern for character animation, where we have a character spritesheet file, an index to identify which set of frames to use (as by default each file can contain one or eight characters at a time), a pattern defining how will sprites alternate and how fast it should happen. Poses can be called using plugin commands, defining how many times its pattern will be displayed or looping until another plugin command is issued to restore the original pose.

There's also three special poses:
  • default: it's the one the character uses to walk around. If none is specified, the plugin will use the engine's default pattern;
  • dash: if configured, it will be automatically started when the character starts to run, and stopped when it turns to walking, or stop moving;
  • idle: if configured, is automatically triggered when the character stays still for more than "Idle Wait Time" frames;
To specify one of this reserved poses, you can just use the names above as Pose Keys, or use plugin commands to define which key should be used in each case. Customizing the reserved pose keys can also be useful if your characters needs to change sprites in the middle of the game, like donning evil guards armor to infiltrate a castle, for example.

Pose setup for actors are done exclusively through plugin parameters. For events, you can setup pose templates, to create a library and pick the patterns you want for each case. You can also define default poses patterns that are automatically applied to all events, or create a custom pose for a single event using event comments.

TIP: For better performance of your game, try to group character poses in as few files as possible. The plugin will always preload character files to not risk "flickering" when changing poses. If poses are scattered through many files more memory ends up being used. So, the fewer files you use, the less consumed memory!

WARNING: When loading pose parameters for actors, or trying to load poses for events, the plugin will always check if the filename specified exists. If it doesn't, the pose is discarded. This helps to prevent game crashes.

More Frames

The plugin supports spritesheets with more than the default three frames per character direction. To make use of it, the character image filename must contain a specific pattern identifying how many frames:
character_sprites[f<n>].png
Where <n> is the number of frames. For example, for a character with eight frames animations, a filename would bes character_sprites[f8].png.

The only restriction (for now), is that the plugin currently do not support 8 direction sprites.

Pose Setup - Actor Poses

Actor poses are setup individually, creating individual libraries that can be easily accessed later through plugin commands. Each actor must have a single entry. If an actor ID is setup more than once, only the first entry is considered.
  • Actor ID: ID for the actor this setup refers to;
  • Default Blink Sprites: If you don't want to setup a default pose but want to setup blinking, use this parameter to select the spritesheet to use when the character has its eyes closed. This parameter gets overwritten if a 'default' pose is specified. If you don't want to use the blinking feature, just leave this parameter blank.
  • Default Blink Index: If you don't want to setup a default pose but want to setup blinking, use this parameter to define the index on the spritesheet for your character. This parameter gets overwritten if a 'default' pose is specified.
For each actor pose, the following parameters are presented:
  • Pose Key: This is the name of the pose, and what you'll use to trigger it later. This must be unique for each character;
  • Spritesheet: The character spritesheet to use for this pose. This parameter must be defined, otherwise the whole pose is discarded;
  • Spritesheet Index: Identifies which character sheet to use from the spritesheet;
  • Blink Spritesheet: The character spritesheet to use when the character blinks while in this pose. If you don't want the blinking feature for this pose, simply leave this parameter blank;
  • Blink Index: Identify which character sheet to use from the blinking spritesheet;
  • Pattern: Set a custom pattern for how to alternate sprites from the spritesheet and display a pose. If left blank, the engine default pattern is used. A pattern can be a sequence of numbers, referencing the sprite index in a spritesheet (starting on 0), or include text codes to use change to any sprite direction. See the spoiler tag below for a more detailed explanation.
  • Speed: This determines how fast will the pose be, by setting the number of frames to wait before iterating the pattern array and changing sprites. So, the lower the number, the faster it will be (less frames before jumping to the next sprite).
Using the default spritesheet format as an example:
TAA_CharacterPoses_sampleSpritesheet.png

Each row corresponds to one direction, and each column has an index starting on zero. When building a pose pattern, you can reference any frame in the character sheet by using the proper code, regardless of which direction. To change the row, you need to reference the row number code, which basically follows the numpad pattern on your keyboard:
TAA_CharacterPoses_arrowKeys.png

if you want to set a pose to, for example, play an animation while the character spins in place, you can define a pattern for it like:
d4, d8, d6, d2
This pattern will simply make the character change directions, assuming 2 as down, 4 as left, 8 as up and 6 as right. You can also change direction and the index at the same frame time by using the letter "i": d4, d8i2, d6i0, d2i1. Just always remember to place the code for direction before the code for index (never use i2d6, for example)!

Looking at a practical example, see this spritesheet I edited for testing purposes (using whtdragon templates):
TAA_CharacterPoses_HaroldIdle.png

This is a customized spritesheet used to build an idle pose for Harold. It has 5 frames, but not all of them actually exists. It's important to notice here that this idle setup will always make Harold turn down, like he's waving his arms at the player (you can see it in action in the screenshots spoiler tag.

So, to build this pose, the pattern I used is as follows:
d2i0, d6i0, d2i0, d6i0, d2i1, d6i0, d2i2, 4, d4i0, d4i1, d4i2, d4i3, d2i3, 3, d4i0, d2i0

You can see in the underlined frames above that want you change sprites in the same row (same direction) you can provide only the index for the next frame, you don't need to tell which direction to use. If you setup a pose that can be played from any direction (on that accounts for all possible sides a player can approach an event, for example), you can use only indexes in your pattern. This way the animation will use the current character direction.

Event Poses - Templates

Pose templates are used for events. Despite having a similar structure, the following parameters have a different behavior:
  • Default Blink Sprites: Here you won't select a file, but instead define a pattern so the plugin can look for the right file at runtime. You can set it as the same file the event is configured with the tag %{char}, or complement it with a specific pattern, like %{char}_blink. In this example, if the event is using People1 for the character, the plugin will try to load People1_blink for blinking. If the file don't exist, the animation will be aborted to prevent a game crash;
  • Default Blink Index: This parameter is treated as an eval, and you can reference the character index used by the event with the tag %{index}. So, if you have spritesheets built in a way that the first row of characters have open eyes, and the second have closed eyes (for blinking), you can setup this index as %{index}+4, for example;
  • Spritesheet: This works similarly to Default Blink Sprites;
  • Spritesheet Index: This works similarly to Default Blink Index;
  • Blink Spritesheet: This works the same as previous sprite parameters, but with an additional tag: use %{pose} to reference the Spritesheet parameter value;
  • Blink Index: This works the same as previous index parameters, but with an additional tag: use %{pIndex} for the Spritesheet Index value;
  • Speed: Works the same as for actors, but this parameter overwrites the engine move speed config in the move route and event page configs. For reference, here are the equivalents:
    • 8x slower = 24
    • 4x slower = 21
    • 2x slower = 18
    • Normal = 15
    • 2x faster = 12
    • 4x faster = 9
WARNING: As template setup do not reference a file directly, but instead defines a pattern to look for them at runtime, we cannot mark the files as used for when you export your game with the option to "Exclude Unused Files". So be careful when using this feature, as you'll probably have to manually copy the files into the exported project, or create dummy events using them to trick the engine.

Event Poses - Default Poses

Default pose templates is simply a list of Pose Keys that should be automatically loaded for all events. The keys referenced here should be properly configured as pose templates for them to work. Keep in mind that Pose Keys are case sensitive.

Balloon poses, when configured, are automatically triggered with a balloon animation. Setup includes a few familiar parameters:
  • Balloon ID, identifying the balloon for which the pose refers to;
  • Spritesheet, Index, Pattern and Speed, which works similarly to pose setups.
The one thing different here is that if Pattern is set as an empty array, the plugin will simply swap sprites maintaining the character direction and sprite index. However, if a custom pattern is set, the plugin will play it while the balloon is playing. The character will automatically fallback to its previous pose when the balloon stops playing.

There's three ways to setup poses for events: using the event note to load pose templates; loading pose templates using comments (so that it affects only the current event page); or build a new pose using event comments.

Using Event Notes

To load a list of pose templates and make them available for an event, you can add the following tag to its note field:
<TAA_CP: lib:pose1,pose2,pose3,...,poseN>

You can also customize the event reserved poses directly from the notes:
<TAA_CP: default:pose1, dash:pose2, idle:pose3, lib:pose4,pose5,...,poseN>

The list of common poses should always use a tag (lib) so the plugin can identify what is what.

You can use tags to load balloon pose templates as well:
<TAA_CP: balloons:x,y,z...,n>
List balloon poses by its corresponding balloon ID.

There's two more possible note tags. The first is shown below, and it's used to prevent the event from loading default poses (configured in the Plugin Manager):
<TAA_CP: noDefaults>
The other is used to enable automatic saving of the event pose setup, so that the event will remember it if the player leaves the map and come back. This note can be overwritten with event comments:
<TAA_CP: savePose:true>

You can combine tags as you like, just remember to separate them with a comma.

Using Comment Tags

First of all, you don't need to fit everything in a single comment command, as they're quite limited on the number of lines they can handle.

Regardless of using the commands to load a pose, or create a new one, you need to use the <TAA_CP> tag to start setting up poses, and </TAA_CP> to end it (or else the plugin will go through the rest of the event page looking for the ending tag).

After starting the tag, the following commands can be included to create a pose for that specific event page (use one line for each command):
  • cpLoad: pose1,pose2,...,poseN
    • defines a list of pose templates to load into the event;
  • cpLoad:reservedKey: poseKey
    • you can also customize the events reserved poses through comments. In this pattern, reservedKey can be either default, dash or idle, and poseKey is the pose template to set it to.
    • This clause can also be used to load balloon templates, like the example below:
      cpLoad:balloon:1,2,4
  • cpNewPose: poseName
    • to start creating a new pose, use this command, where poseName is the Pose Key to use. Remember, it must be unique.
  • cpNewBalloonPose:balloonId
    • to start creating a new balloon pose, use this command. Remember, balloonId must be unique, you can't create two balloon poses for the same balloon. You can use Plugin Commands to alter it if you need though.
  • cpSprite:file,index
    • it must be used after the cpNewPose. It defines the Spritesheet and Index pose parameters. file must be the character filename to use, and index is the character index from the file;
    • This is used for both creating a new pose and a new balloon pose.
  • cpBlinkSprite:file,index
    • quite similar to cpSprite, only to define the blinking sprites. You can omit this command if blinking is not required for the pose;
  • cpSpeed:number
    • defines how fast the pattern will be played. Its the number of frames to wait before changing sprites;
  • cpPattern: patternList
    • its a comma separated list for the custom pattern to use for this pose. You can omit this if you want the engine's default pattern;
  • :cpEndPose:
    • use this to tell the plugin that the pose setup has ended. If this command is not included the plugin will ignore the rest and discard the pose.
  • cpAutoSave:true|false
    • enables / disables auto saving on the event pose setup
Here's an example on how to use this comment commands:
<TAA_CP>​
cpLoad: pose1,pose2​
cpNewPose:spin​
cpSprite:%{char},%{index}​
cpBlinkSprite:%{pose}_blink,%{pIndex}​
cpSpeed:5​
cpPattern:d4,d8,d6,d2​
:cpEndPose:​
</TAA_CP>​

Script Calls
$gameSystem.setPose(id, poseKey)
sets poseKey as the current pose, but do not animate if the character is not moving. id can refer to either an actor, or an event:​
+ Use 0 for the party leader;
+ Use -1, -2, and -3 for a follower;
+ Any number starting in 1 will be considered an event. If the event is found in the current map, sets its pose to poseKey.

$gameSystem.setAnimatedPose(id, poseKey, cycles)
sets poseKey as the current pose and automatically starts playing its animation pattern. If cycles is present, it defines how many times the animation cycle will be played before resetting to default. If it is omitted, the animation pattern will repeat until a new pose is set;​

$gameSystem.setDefaultPose(id, poseKey)
changes the actor or event default pose to poseKey.​

$gameSystem.setDashPose(id, poseKey)
changes the actor or event dash pose to poseKey.​

$gameSystem.setIdlePose(id, poseKey)
changes the actor or event idle pose to poseKey.​

$gameSystem.restorePose(id)
restores the actor or event to its previous used pose.​

$gameSystem.restoreAllActorsPoses()
restore all actors to their previous poses.​

$gameSystem.resetPose(id)
resets the actor or event to its default pose.​

$gameSystem.resetAllActorPoses()
resets all actors to their default poses.​

$gameSystem.isPoseAvailable(id, poseKey)
returns true if poseKey exists for the specified actor or event;​

$gameSystem.poseHasCustomPattern(id, poseKey)
returns true if poseKey for the specified actor or event has a custom pattern setup;​

$gameSystem.getCurrentPose(id)
returns the current pose key for the specified actor or event;​

$gameSystem.getCurrentPoseSpeed(id)
returns the current pose speed for the specified actor or event;​

$gameSystem.enableIde(id)
enable idle pose for the character. When enabled, as soon as the character stays still for enough time the idle pose is triggered.​

$gameSystem.enablePartyIdle()
enable idle pose for the entire party at the same time.​

$gameSystem.disableIdle(id)
disable idle pose for the character. When disabled, the character won't start the idle pose, regardless of how long it stays still.​

$gameSystem.disablePartyIdle()
disable idle pose for the entire party at the same time.​

$gameSystem.isIdleEnabled(id)
returns true if the idle pose is enabled for the character, or false if it is disabled. It doesn't evaluate if the idle pose is present.​

$gameSystem.saveEventPoseData(eventId)
stores the current event pose setup so that it is restored the next time the event is loaded (like going out, than back to the map). It is run ON THE CURRENT MAP. Always.​

$gameSystem.deleteEventPoseData(mapId, eventId)
if an event pose setup has been saved for the informed map, its data is deleted. The next time the event is loaded it will start poses from scratch. Can be triggered from any map to any map.​

$gameSystem.reloadEventPoses(eventId)
restore the event original poses (for the current page), but do not delete its saved pose data. So pose data is still restored if you go out and back from the map.​

$gameSystem.overwriteBalloonPose(id, balloonId, poseKey)
replaces a balloon pose based on a configured pose, identified by the poseKey.​

$gameSystem.resetBalloonPose(id, balloonId)
restore the balloon id pose configured through the plugin parameters.​

$gameSystem.resetBalloonPoseLibrary(id)
restore all balloon poses configured through the plugin parameters.​

$gameSystem.enableBalloonPoses(id)
enables automatic balloon poses for the specified character.​

$gameSystem.disableBalloonPoses(id)
disables automatic balloon poses for the specified character.​

$gameSystem.isBalloonPoseEnabled(id)
returns true if balloon poses are enabled for the character, or false if they are disabled.​

Plugin Commands
SetPose target poseKey
sets poseKey as the current pose, but do not animate if the character is not moving. target can refer to either an actor, or an event:​
+ Use 0 for the party leader;
+ Use -1, -2, and -3 for a follower;
+ Any number starting in 1 will be considered an event. If the event is found in the current map, sets its pose to poseKey.

SetAnimatedPose target poseKey
sets poseKey as the current pose and automatically starts playing its animation pattern. If cycles is present, it defines how many times the animation cycle will be played before resetting to default. If it is omitted, the animation pattern will repeat until a new pose is set;​

SetDefaultPose target poseKey
changes the target's default pose to poseKey.​

SetDashPose target poseKey
changes the target's dash pose to poseKey.​

SetIdlePose target poseKey
changes the target's idle pose to poseKey.​

IdlePose target enable
IdlePose target allow

enable idle pose for the character. When enabled, as soon as the character stays still for enough time the idle pose is triggered. If you want to enable the idle pose for all actors, set target to 'actors', or 'party'. Use numbers to run it for specific actors or events.​

IdlePose target disable
IdlePose target restrict

disable idle pose for the character. When disabled, the character won't start the idle pose, regardless of how long it stays still. If you want to enable the idle pose for all actors, set target to 'actors', or 'party'. Use numbers to run it for specific actors or events.​

RestorePose target
restores the target to its previous used pose. If you want to restore poses for all actors, set target to 'actors', or 'party'. Use numbers to run it for specific actors or events.​

ResetPose target
resets the target to its default pose. If you want to reset poses for all actors, set target to 'actors', or 'party'. Use numbers to run it for specific actors or events.​

SaveEventPose eventId
stores the current event pose setup so that it is restored the next time the event is loaded (like going out, than back to the map). It is run ON THE CURRENT MAP. Always.​

DeleteEventPose mapId eventId
if an event pose setup has been saved for the informed map, its data is deleted. The next time the event is loaded it will start poses from scratch. Can be triggered from any map to any map.​

ReloadEventPoses eventId
restore the event original poses (for the current page), but do not delete its saved pose data. So pose data is still restored if you go out and back from the map.​

BalloonPose set id balloonId poseKey
replaces a balloon pose based on a configured pose, identified by the poseKey.​

BalloonPose reset id balloonId
restore the balloon id pose configured through the plugin parameters. If the balloonId is not present, restore all balloon poses for the character.​

BalloonPose enable id
BalloonPose on id
BalloonPose allow id

enables automatic balloon poses for the specified character.​

BalloonPose disable id
BalloonPose off id
BalloonPose block id

disables automatic balloon poses for the specified character.​

• Version 1.2.3:
    • Fixed an issue that would cause game crash if none of the event pages conditions are met (for example, have an event with a single page to load only when switch 1 is ON. If it is OFF, the game would crash);
  • Version 1.2.2:
    • Fixed an issue when changing an event to an empty page (with no poses loaded), which would cause the old sprite to remain onscreen;
    • Fixed an issue which would crash the game if using the "Erase Event" command;
  • Version 1.2.1:
    • Reworked character spritesheet caching to fix a bug crashing the game on save;
  • Version 1.2.0:
    • Fixed an issue with MZ Plugin Commands;
    • Updated the help section describing MZ Plugin Commands;
    • Added script calls to get current idle and dash pose keys;
    • Added functions to check if idle and balloon poses are enabled;
    • Added a failsafe to prevent balloon poses getting stuck when a balloon pose is triggered while another one is playing;
    • Fixed an issue when leaving the idle pose directly for the dash pose, which could mess up the default walking pose;
    • A few changes to the help section;
  • Version 1.1.0:
    • MZ compatibility;
    • Fixed a bug on starting the idle pose after a balloon pose;
    • Fixed some bugs on poses using frames from multiple directions;
    • Fixed a bug on walking poses;
    • Changed caching behavior to better use cached character files;
  • Version 1.0.0:
    • First stable release;
  • Version 0.7.0:
    • Added Balloon Poses for actors, templates and event defaults
    • Added Plugin Commands and Script Calls for balloons
    • Added a parameter to disable balloons entirely (for compatibility purposes)
  • Version 0.6.0:
    • New plugin commands and script calls:
      • Enable / disable idle poses for characters
      • Save / delete / reload event poses, to persist triggered poses if the player leaves the map
    • New note and comment tags to enable/disable auto save on event poses
    • Fixed a bug that caused blinking NPCs to remain with eyes closed "forever"
  • Version 0.5.0
    • Beta release

Attachments

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While the plugin seems nice, and a bit complex, it it possible for a demo? or the
DATA, JS, sheet folders to put in a clean project to see how those works exacly from inside?
this would be easier for me, but it looks really neat though.

specially more dynamic and realistic :)

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I'm currently working on a demo actually. I believe it should be ready in a few days! :)

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It makes the actors look more vivid, but unfortunately I am not good at art;_;

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280 I'm no artist as well, but you can edit the main character, and use
the eyes, mouth etc to change the actor.

there is a tutorial here which applied for MZ< but teh same methode can be used
for MV, VX(ace) etc for different poses.

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooooh this looks to be just what I needed for my scene events!

I'll be waiting for the demo, I'm a bit confused with the explanations :guffaw:
:ptea:

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It took me longer than expected (editing sprites to add to the demo was a lot of work), but the demo is ready. You can check it out here.

I'm also writing a tutorial to explain in more detail (and with images) how poses are setup for both actors and events. I'll publish it as a devlog on itch.io, but I'll link it here once it is done.

I hope those help make it clearer how to work with the plugin. I reckon it's a bit complex, but once you get how it works you'll see it's simple to setup! ;)

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll download the demo and study it - thank you so much!

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found (and fixed) an annoying bug which would cause the game to crash if you try to save. I advise anyone already using the plugin to update to version 1.2.1!

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, my Windows Defender is not letting me download the new file because it detects a virus...

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just thinking my project needed this exact thing. You're my hero!

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, my Windows Defender is not letting me download the new file because it detects a virus...
That is unexpected. Can't really tell why this is happening. Just downloaded it myself here to check and mine didn't complain :blink:

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is unexpected. Can't really tell why this is happening. Just downloaded it myself here to check and mine didn't complain :blink:
Huh. And I don't even know how to help you track it :rswt2: I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 and... well, that's pretty much it :(

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh. And I don't even know how to help you track it :rswt2: I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 and... well, that's pretty much it :(
Does it happen to only with TAA_CharacterPoses? Try downloading any other plugin to check it.

The file is harmless, I really don't know why it's happening. I'll see if I can find anything to prevent this kind of inconvenience, but meanwhile I suggest adding an exception to windows defender. :|

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it happen to only with TAA_CharacterPoses? Try downloading any other plugin to check it.

The file is harmless, I really don't know why it's happening. I'll see if I can find anything to prevent this kind of inconvenience, but meanwhile I suggest adding an exception to windows defender. :|
I use dozens and dozens of plugins and had never had this happen to me before. I also had a previous version of this plugin and it gave me no issue, I'm really puzzled about this too :kaohi:

I don't even know how I could add an exception - the file is automatically deleted as soon as it finishes downloading, for me. I had to turn off Windows Defender entirely, download the file, place it in my game's plugin folder, set it up in MV, and THEN turn Windows Defender back on, and that seems to behave - let's see if it lasts. :guffaw:

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found two kinda showstopping bugs. One is that when you do the standard blank second event page triggered by a self-switch it isn't blank anymore but seems to load the sprite from the previous page.

Additionally if there's any event on the map that at any point calls "erase event" then it crashes it with:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'list' of undefined
It also seems to be returning that on one other map I have that doesn't have "erase event", so I'm not sure exactly what's triggering it.

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found two kinda showstopping bugs. One is that when you do the standard blank second event page triggered by a self-switch it isn't blank anymore but seems to load the sprite from the previous page.
Can you show me how you configured your events? Did you use notes or comment tags?
If using event notes, try using comment tags instead. By using the note field poses are loaded into all pages. So if you do load a 'default' pose using a note tag, it will also take effect on blank pages (thus showing the sprites anyway).

As an alternative, I can add a comment tag to ignore poses on an event page. That would allow you to use the note field and clear poses at any given page, preventing them from being loaded again. I'll run some tests and get back to you in a few days.

Additionally if there's any event on the map that at any point calls "erase event" then it crashes it with:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'list' of undefined
It also seems to be returning that on one other map I have that doesn't have "erase event", so I'm not sure exactly what's triggering it.
Haven't tought of it before, but it may need some adjustments with the "erase event" command.
I'll also look into it.

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show me how you configured your events? Did you use notes or comment tags?
In this case the events in question weren't using either. One was literally just an item on the ground that flips to a blank page when you pick it up; the other was an enemy that flips to a blank page when you finish battle processing. Neither of which used poses at all.

Haven't tought of it before, but it may need some adjustments with the "erase event" command.
I'll also look into it.
I'm not sure if it's "erase event" specifically. I've got it triggering on one map that doesn't have anything being erased. But "erase event" is the only thing I know that is guaranteed to trigger it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.
Welp, the bullying hadn't let up so I decided to make him a marchpane cake with Miku Hatsune on it, cause marchpane is his favorite food. :3 I wish I knew how to bake better. I'm better at making non-bake homemade candy sweets. :kaothx:
RPG Maker Games Critique with @StudioBlueGames, Episode 13 starts now! In Collector, megacorps rule the penthouses and gangs rule the streets. What adventures will we find! Watch now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Racklaw