taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In this case the events in question weren't using either. One was literally just an item on the ground that flips to a blank page when you pick it up; the other was an enemy that flips to a blank page when you finish battle processing. Neither of which used poses at all.

I'm not sure if it's "erase event" specifically. I've got it triggering on one map that doesn't have anything being erased. But "erase event" is the only thing I know that is guaranteed to trigger it.

Found and fixed both issues on version 1.2.2!
These were simpler to fix than I anticipated, so I managed to test and upload the new version right away. Let me know how it goes!

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found and fixed both issues on version 1.2.2!
These were simpler to fix than I anticipated, so I managed to test and upload the new version right away. Let me know how it goes!
That works! Thank you so much!

I'm still getting that same crash on one map, though. But I think I figured out the cause. If any of the events on the map have their condition set to a switch, it crashes. The instant I remove that condition it opens the map just fine.
condition.PNG
Self-switches seem fine. But if any event has a switch condition like that it gives me the same error "erase event" used to give.

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That works! Thank you so much!

I'm still getting that same crash on one map, though. But I think I figured out the cause. If any of the events on the map have their condition set to a switch, it crashes. The instant I remove that condition it opens the map just fine.
View attachment 164424
Self-switches seem fine. But if any event has a switch condition like that it gives me the same error "erase event" used to give.

That was actualy another issue. Any event with all pages failing its conditions (which usually means "hide the event from the player") would cause the crash. Like in your print, where switch 40 needs to be enabled at page 1 (the only one in the event). If you change that to any variable or self switch the error would still happen (as long as the condition is not met).

I've release a new version (1.2.3) fixing this issue. I hope it will work as expected now, but let me know if you find any more issues!

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@taaspider I seem to be getting this bug upon trying to battle test for some reason. I have the latest version of RPG Maker MV installed and it still crashes when I proceed to battle test. When I turn off the plugin, however, it works fine. Bug.png

Last edited:

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@taaspider I seem to be getting this bug upon trying to battle test for some reason. I have the latest version of RPG Maker MV installed and it still crashes when I proceed to battle test. When I turn off the plugin, however, it works fine. View attachment 171212

I'm not on PC right now, but I think battle test works in my sample project. By the looks of your error print, I'm guessing it may be a compatibility issue with some Yanfly plugins. Anyways, give me a few days to check it out properly and we'll get it to work :)

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.2.4 is out with a few bug fixes and a new comment tag to allow deleting poses when switching from one event page to another.

A special thanks to Suikogen for helping out with testing! :D

BitPokit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Outstanding plugin! Thank you so much for making this! :biggrin: Any ETA's on getting it to work with 8 directions? :smile:

taaspider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Outstanding plugin! Thank you so much for making this! :biggrin: Any ETA's on getting it to work with 8 directions? :smile:

Glad you liked it!

I have a lot of coding piling up, as I've been unable to spend as much time as I wanted on that, unfortunately. So, I don't really have an ETA, but I'll put it on my priority list to try and get it done sooner. My day job is driving me nuts the past few weeks :dizzy:

BitPokit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Glad you liked it!

I have a lot of coding piling up, as I've been unable to spend as much time as I wanted on that, unfortunately. So, I don't really have an ETA, but I'll put it on my priority list to try and get it done sooner. My day job is driving me nuts the past few weeks :dizzy:
I’m sorry for the late reply! I’m not on here as often as I should be. No worries and no rush! I understand completely. I will find workarounds in the meantime! Thank you again for your amazing plugins!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Dion2.jpg

testing #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocarina654