taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread will be a home for a variety of XP graphics, made compatible for use in MZ and MV. It's taken me some time to come up with a process that gets results I'm fairly satisfied with, and even then, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I didn't want to just post instructions on how to do it either, as that gets crazy complicated, especially when you get to a point on turning XP autotiles into MZ/MV autotiles.

That aside, this will not be all posted all at once. There will be updates to it over time, in no small part so that I can respond to feedback and perhaps reorganize things as needed.

You must own RPG Maker XP to use these.

Credit: Meh, if you want to. It's not my stuff, I just beat it with a stick until it worked in modern makers.
Note: I have no real idea how to format without a GUI. Silly forums. I'll fix some stuff up later.
A bad example that is not trying to be a real map:
Map001.png
This is based on the 001-Grassland01 tileset. Added are some grass and forest autotiles. Any autotiles that have been formatted for MZ/MV are also included on A5 and B tilesets as the full version to be used the hard way.

Forest_Grassland_A1.png
Forest_Grassland_A2.png
Forest_Grassland_A5.pngForest_Grassland_B.png
There's not a whole lot to the Woods tileset (based on the 002-Woods01 tileset) - just a single B tileset. Used with the Grasslands set above, it would make for a good lighter-coloured forest.

Woods_B.png
The 003-Forest01 tileset is a darker variation of a forest, for a deeper or just different style of forest. There are a small number of A5 tiles to this one, and the remainder are on a single B tileset.
Forest_A5.pngForest_B.png
The 005-Beach01 tileset is a rocky and sandy beach with multiple related water tiles to make a lovely gradient of deepening water.
Beach_Desert_A1.pngBeach_Desert_A2.pngBeach_Desert_A5.pngBeach_Desert_B.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if these are allowed, but still something interesting. I would expand on this and add some original tiles (not recolors) before the mods lock it.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The terms for RTP assets allow for edits, sharing edits with other users of the software, and use of assets in other RPG Maker series software.

If, however, it should be found that I am incorrect and completely out of line, I can remove this thread myself.

Thank you for your concern.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LunarFlareStudios -
Did you just try to mod a Mod?
Anyways, everything looks on the up-and up here and appropriate terms given.

EDIT:
I tend to be a smart aleck at times. Well, this wasn't the place for it. I apologized to LunarFlareStudios separately but there's you guys too. Sorry for the negativity the other day. :(

Last edited:

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It sure is. But I'm taking a different approach, and getting different results. Use whichever you prefer.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
:3 Variety is a good thing! And I really like that these edits of the XP tiles got the shadows right at least! The ones in the tiles in that link above need a bit of work. They really stand out and not in a terribly good way.

@taarna23 Cant wait to see more *cracks whip!* ... X3

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Bastrophian Shh! Back to your pixel-pushing! Oh, wait, you have a real job... unlike me... >.>

UPDATE! Added Woods and Forest tiles to the first post! Enjoy!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Quexp My sincerest apologies! It won't happen again!
My apologies as well, it looks like I was in a smart aleck mood. I totally could have left out the first sentence of my reply. That was pretty snarky. Come to think of it, my whole comment is out of line. Sorry for being such a jerk. :(

I'll be more careful and will work on being more positive.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
That's beautiful and seems really compatible if someone started a series from a maker to another! ^^

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Marquise* Thanks! I've actually done some edits for a project of my own that correct the shadows and brighten the colours so they work with MZ tiles, and they seem to actually do quite well for themselves. I will likely have a brighter colours version here as well, at some point.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've added the Beach tileset to the mix! I've skipped the Mountain set for now, as they have some waterfalls I'm still figuring out the best way to reimplement.

I've also edited existing A1 and A2 autotiles so they look a little bit better when used.

I'm also working on a small plugin to allow the use of 4-frame water autotiles to make full use of the XP tiles, and am also working on a brightened up version of the XP tiles that should work decently alongside the MZ tiles.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The light has gone out of my life.

About time they finally press the kill switch button for older makers.
Sorry everyone, I am here sporadically. After 6 years of delays after delays in my life, I try to do all mat once and that means that I spread thin everywhere because it just is impossible to crunch 6 years in one or even two, but I try! I wish many of that I would already given you and put behind but... well...
I'm looking for an experienced gamer who has played a few games created with RPG Maker, who knows what an alpha build is, who may remember the old days when cliché was the favorite word on Creation Asylum, who, if a reviewer, would ask for my permission before making a review to post on YouTube, or whatever, since I will be messaging you a 10 minute, or so, DEMO based on an alpha build of Effervesce Fallacy™.
No matter how many times I listen to him, I know this is Joker speaking, but my brain can only hear Dagda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuckyCat