[TAB] The Tall Adult Body Generator Project (V0.9 Beta released)

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah okay now i know what u mean, but there are many options to trick this: as example like you said the cloak thing can fix this for many chars and for the other clothing we must simply use some similar clothing, yes of course it is not exact but i have tried things out and it looking fine, you can
cover many things with this method.

Also i dont wanna replace the most face graphics in my game because of it will be working so i think. All my Fractions Chars wearing cloaks so i must not do for these new facesheets only charsheets. And for the other ones i try to cover things as much as possible, and this chars that will be not looking good, become a complete redone.

What i try to say here is , if someone wanna use it now he could.
Maybe u can update the old version with the new one with the smaller heads. So i could already recreate half of my charas but i dont wanna to make trouble. Only if you have a little free time.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll see what I can do.
One way or another, I'm currently in the process of compiling everything back together after taking it apart and fixing stuff.
All sprite sheets have been fixed (except for a single character I'll do tomorrow) and are ready to be back in the generator.
FG graphics are still only roughly 50-60% done.
WaywardMartian is doing the hair adjustments for the new headtype & hair framework and I'm doing the accessories, glasses & beards. That should get us quickly to the point where I can consider an alpha release with incomplete FG portraits.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update:
Pretty much everything is done for the Beta version release. Just a few small things are currently getting added & fixed.
Expect version 0.9 to release this week, probably no later than friday.

It'll contain everything as far as the TV sprites are concerned, though the FG portraits are still lagging behind.

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perfect. Cant wait for the Release!
Good Job.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 0.9 has been released as Beta version. (Download is in the main post)

FG portrait pictures are still incomplete, the TV sprites should be fully functional.

Thanks go out to @WaywardMartian who worked tirelessly to get the hair adopted to the new layout style and ensured every hair is compatible with both existing headstyles. He's also provided slim versions of his accessories & headgears for the second headstyle. Without him, this would have taken weeks longer.

New Improvements:
  • Default Head and Slim Head art style (vanilla & more realistic)
  • Everything from Hairs & Accessories to Beards & Headgears resized so either style has a matching part
  • Color issues fixed, beardclipping fixed
  • New categories, improved draw-order, clothing sorted into correct categories
  • Hair now works on 3 layers which vastly increases compatibility, including cross-gender compatibility
  • Cloaks now work on 3 layers
  • 4 new cloaks
  • Smaller Eyes Option
  • Mouth & slightly accentuated nose on TV characters
  • Improved FG pictures
  • Improved color masks for more color scheme control
  • & many more
prev.png

Tips & Tricks:
1. You can use "File" -> "Save character as" to save a character's part selection. If you ever need to change something - or wish to load a character after an update, simply load the character and export it again.
2. At the bottom left hand corner you can select an area (Headstyle 1, Headstyle 2 or the FG portrait) and use the arrow keys to shift the placement of the object.
3. Right-clicking on a part while having a picked part in the list selected (blue background) will replace that part with the right-clicked part if they're in the same category.

Feel free to report issues or post suggestions for improvements.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice , will try it later and report some feedback!
BIG THANKS to you and WaywardMartian who made the thole thing possible.
This Thread should have alot of more Attention this is insane. Everbody can now improve their Game alot easily.

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much for this!

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay... so i remade all of my chars, worked about 5 days on it but its looking now really amazing. You can already use the Generator to do nice Stuff. There were only a little bugs like hairs not showing the color etc and sometimes its crashed completly but overall very stable and you can use it already. In the Future hope there is more Clothes and Stuff. But for now it would be good if everything worked liked it should.

How i can import stuff on myself ? Could you explain this maybe to me? This would make the Generator already perfect for me.
By the way thanks to you i can now move on the next phase and have some screens for you all. This is it how it could look if you use the Generator.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks pretty good. I like the different color asthetics.

More stuff is on the way, though it'll take time.

I've added a Content Creator section at the bottom of the original post. In the download, you can find, among other things, a guide that'll lead you through setting up an import system, creating the generator parts in the generator, packaging them as RXGE and importing RXGE files.

Note that if you want to import stuff other people have made, the size dimensions and object position will need to be adjusted. TAB uses a different sheet size, so vanilla and dark fantasy elements would be misaligned.

EDIT: I forgot a section that I'll quickly add.
EDIT2: Added a section that explains how to fix the color order. You can download now.

Last edited:

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very busy with other projects right now, though I may finally have the time to release a small update in the near future, containing bug fixes, WaywardMartian's latest new sheet, and possibly some new content.

I needed a quick process to turn 97x97 sheets back to 64x64 for my current game project, so I threw something together and figured I might as well share it here, since there may be people who don't want to use 97x97 but the Dark Fantasy standard 64x64.

Attached is an archive with a Photoshop Action Script.
Unfortunately this ONLY works with Photoshop.

[Don't have english Photoshop, this should be a rough translation of the commands]
1. Open Photoshop.
2. Windows -> Actions (Alt+F9) to see the action window
3. Click on the four lines in the upper right hand corner of the actions window to open its commands
4. Select Load Action
5. Browse to the *.atn file you extracted from this archive and import it
6. You're done setting up.

7. Open the 97x97 type sheet.
- It should have total dimensions of 1164x776.
- The characters should be small enough that they can fit into 64x64. True by default for everything designed in the TAB system, but may not be true if you customize things and make them bigger.
8. Open the [Tool] Sheet Size Type Changer folder in your "Actions" tab and click on "revert 97x97 to 64x64"
9. Click on the play button at the bottom of the Action window.
10. Photoshop will now reposition all elements correctly and resize the workspace and save the file.
11. You can close the file and use it in the new format.

Attachments

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the Update.
I think the tool will be useful for much people.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm. Doesn't seem like it's working for me. I even tried re-downloading Schlangan's generator, but that didn't fix it.
Basically, I can't click on the "add" button, and when I try just randomizing a character they don't generate with a face on their sprite. The face generates on the face graphic though.
upload_2019-12-4_16-34-10.png

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm. Doesn't seem like it's working for me. I even tried re-downloading Schlangan's generator, but that didn't fix it.
Basically, I can't click on the "add" button, and when I try just randomizing a character they don't generate with a face on their sprite. The face generates on the face graphic though.
The problem is the randomizing character part.
It doesn't work reliably with the new parts because the randomization patterns were not designed for this.

The reason why there's no head is that the part "Head" did not get any item assigned to it.
Bodies and Heads are seperate from each other, and heads are not linked to faces, so a face may be assigned even if no head is assigned, and you won't have a head on the character sprite even though the character has a face.

The solution to this is to manually add a head from the "head" parts section.

Ultimately, though, I'd advise against random generation. It will almost always create mistakes you need to fix manually and there's no way around that.

For example, the random generator may assign both a piece of clothing and a piece of armor, even though these are not meant to be used in conjuntion but as either/or.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see now. I hadn't realized that you could also double-click on the piece itself to add it, so I had thought something had gone wrong with the Add button.
(I was only using the randomize option to try and "force" the generator into letting me generate a character, since I thought the Add button wasn't working.)

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see now. I hadn't realized that you could also double-click on the piece itself to add it, so I had thought something had gone wrong with the Add button.
(I was only using the randomize option to try and "force" the generator into letting me generate a character, since I thought the Add button wasn't working.)
You can also right-click on parts. If you've already picked a piece of the "clothing" category, and you right-click on another piece of clothing, it'll replace the existing one instead of adding a new one. (So long as the piece of clothing you've selected is marked in blue in the list of picked parts)
Right-clicking on a selected part in the list on the left, on the other hand, removes that part. :)

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know these are for adult characters, would you make a version for kid characters as well. using chibi sprites and then these for adults would look weird right? Or am I wrong into thinking this.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know these are for adult characters, would you make a version for kid characters as well. using chibi sprites and then these for adults would look weird right? Or am I wrong into thinking this.
Unfortunately I don't have the time to do this in the forseeable future, and I also don't have a sprite to base it on. (The sprites were made by WaywardMartian, not me.)

But nothing stops you from making your own version and integrating it into the editor. There's a guide in the first post that explains how to add assets to the generator. Adding a child sprite is a bit more complex than say, adding armor, but it's absolutely doable.

KoalaFrenzy

Eucalyptus Salad. Every day.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just offering a word of thanks and encouragement. Incomplete as it is, it still suits my immediate needs very nicely. Huge time saver compared to manually stretching and cleaning sprites in photoshop and I profusely thank you for this easy to use tool and frankly you should be getting paid for it.

Will the randomize character button get additional features? Right now, it randomizes everything. (Just like the MV editor.) So if I hit random, I get mostly characters with blue skin and outlandish accessories. Perfect if I want to make Mardi Gras: The Fantasy RPG. But not so perfect if I want normal skin tones. So as a feature request, could randomization be filtered to only randomize certain character parts?

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just offering a word of thanks and encouragement. Incomplete as it is, it still suits my immediate needs very nicely. Huge time saver compared to manually stretching and cleaning sprites in photoshop and I profusely thank you for this easy to use tool and frankly you should be getting paid for it.
Thanks, I'm glad to know it's helpful to you.
But as always, I feel it's important to point out that the tool itself (the Generator) was Schlangan's work as indicated in the credits, and the vast majority of the edits & drawing is WaywardMartian's.
I simply designed photoshop action scripts and managed the process of turning WaywardMartian's work into a new layer system that allows the TAB and TABSlim artstyles based on Dark Fantasy in Schlangan's generator, so most of the credit belongs to them.

Will the randomize character button get additional features? Right now, it randomizes everything. (Just like the MV editor.) So if I hit random, I get mostly characters with blue skin and outlandish accessories. Perfect if I want to make Mardi Gras: The Fantasy RPG. But not so perfect if I want normal skin tones. So as a feature request, could randomization be filtered to only randomize certain character parts?
The randomize character button is part of Schlangan's generator design, so you'd have to ask him for that. (If he posts a new version it should be compatible with the generator base WaywardMartian and I made)

Last I checked he was a bit occupied with other things, though he's indicated he may be interested in doing a new version of the generator based on javascript - so if you tell him, he might either implement them in the newest generator if he chooses to make one, or he may update the old build with those filters.

I think it's a pretty neat idea, but you'll have to see if Schlangan's got the time to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The presentation pictures for FSM Castle Tiles are really bad, there is so much more content in this DLC than they show. Great DLC.^^
Anyone know/remember Mummy's Tomb / Crystals of Zong for C64? Trying to recreate it for One Map Challenge. Fun. And ... er ... challenging!

Listen.. I er... caught the live stream. :LZSwink:
The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denzelwatson