[TAB] The Tall Adult Body Generator Project (V0.9 Beta released)

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Anyone, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Daisetsu

Daisetsu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah okay now i know what u mean, but there are many options to trick this: as example like you said the cloak thing can fix this for many chars and for the other clothing we must simply use some similar clothing, yes of course it is not exact but i have tried things out and it looking fine, you can
    cover many things with this method.

Also i dont wanna replace the most face graphics in my game because of it will be working so i think. All my Fractions Chars wearing cloaks so i must not do for these new facesheets only charsheets. And for the other ones i try to cover things as much as possible, and this chars that will be not looking good, become a complete redone.

What i try to say here is , if someone wanna use it now he could.
    Maybe u can update the old version with the new one with the smaller heads. So i could already recreate half of my charas but i dont wanna to make trouble. Only if you have a little free time.

2. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll see what I can do.
    One way or another, I'm currently in the process of compiling everything back together after taking it apart and fixing stuff.
    All sprite sheets have been fixed (except for a single character I'll do tomorrow) and are ready to be back in the generator.
    FG graphics are still only roughly 50-60% done.
    WaywardMartian is doing the hair adjustments for the new headtype & hair framework and I'm doing the accessories, glasses & beards. That should get us quickly to the point where I can consider an alpha release with incomplete FG portraits.

Daisetsu likes this.
  3. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update:
    Pretty much everything is done for the Beta version release. Just a few small things are currently getting added & fixed.
    Expect version 0.9 to release this week, probably no later than friday.

It'll contain everything as far as the TV sprites are concerned, though the FG portraits are still lagging behind.

Daisetsu and CoryH like this.
  4. Daisetsu

Daisetsu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Perfect. Cant wait for the Release!
    Good Job.

5. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Version 0.9 has been released as Beta version. (Download is in the main post)

FG portrait pictures are still incomplete, the TV sprites should be fully functional.

Thanks go out to @WaywardMartian who worked tirelessly to get the hair adopted to the new layout style and ensured every hair is compatible with both existing headstyles. He's also provided slim versions of his accessories & headgears for the second headstyle. Without him, this would have taken weeks longer.

New Improvements:
    • Default Head and Slim Head art style (vanilla & more realistic)
    • Everything from Hairs & Accessories to Beards & Headgears resized so either style has a matching part
    • Color issues fixed, beardclipping fixed
    • New categories, improved draw-order, clothing sorted into correct categories
    • Hair now works on 3 layers which vastly increases compatibility, including cross-gender compatibility
    • Cloaks now work on 3 layers
    • 4 new cloaks
    • Smaller Eyes Option
    • Mouth & slightly accentuated nose on TV characters
    • Improved FG pictures
    • Improved color masks for more color scheme control
    • & many more
    prev.png

Tips & Tricks:
    1. You can use "File" -> "Save character as" to save a character's part selection. If you ever need to change something - or wish to load a character after an update, simply load the character and export it again.
    2. At the bottom left hand corner you can select an area (Headstyle 1, Headstyle 2 or the FG portrait) and use the arrow keys to shift the placement of the object.
    3. Right-clicking on a part while having a picked part in the list selected (blue background) will replace that part with the right-clicked part if they're in the same category.

Feel free to report issues or post suggestions for improvements.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Daisetsu and CoryH like this.
  6. Daisetsu

Daisetsu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice , will try it later and report some feedback!
    BIG THANKS to you and WaywardMartian who made the thole thing possible.
    This Thread should have alot of more Attention this is insane. Everbody can now improve their Game alot easily.

7. CoryH

CoryH Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so much for this!

8. Daisetsu

Daisetsu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay... so i remade all of my chars, worked about 5 days on it but its looking now really amazing. You can already use the Generator to do nice Stuff. There were only a little bugs like hairs not showing the color etc and sometimes its crashed completly but overall very stable and you can use it already. In the Future hope there is more Clothes and Stuff. But for now it would be good if everything worked liked it should.

How i can import stuff on myself ? Could you explain this maybe to me? This would make the Generator already perfect for me.
    By the way thanks to you i can now move on the next phase and have some screens for you all. This is it how it could look if you use the Generator.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Anyone

Anyone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks pretty good. I like the different color asthetics.

More stuff is on the way, though it'll take time.

I've added a Content Creator section at the bottom of the original post. In the download, you can find, among other things, a guide that'll lead you through setting up an import system, creating the generator parts in the generator, packaging them as RXGE and importing RXGE files.

Note that if you want to import stuff other people have made, the size dimensions and object position will need to be adjusted. TAB uses a different sheet size, so vanilla and dark fantasy elements would be misaligned.

EDIT: I forgot a section that I'll quickly add.
    EDIT2: Added a section that explains how to fix the color order. You can download now.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Daisetsu likes this.
  10. Daisetsu

Daisetsu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone likes this.