[TAB] The Tall Adult Body Generator Project (V0.9 Beta released)

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 1: -> v.91
It's been a pretty long while, but since WaywardMartian made a couple really nice looking sprites (check them out here) I've made them into generator parts and also used the opportunity to add a few others I had flying around that he send me a while ago.

There's 8 new armors for men and 8 new clothing types for women. (They can be cross-used if desired)
In addition, WaywardMartian has provided a new awesome looking Front & Rear Hair for women.

Note that these are sprites only: the face-images are not present and will not be made.

I should also note that the new armor&clothing as well as the entire TAB generator has now switched from my custom 97 pixel size to the 64 pixel size that the Dark Fantasy set uses. This is done for compatibility reasons for plugins that could get odd issues otherwise. (Also, the 97 was for originally more ambitious things like even taller characters, monsters, etc. Since those won't be coming, there's no reason to keep the size at 97 when 64 is easier to handle and more desired by people.)

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Youre a Genius. Real cool to see a Update. I have generatet already more then 100 Characters and its looking awesome. This Prpject should have alot more attention...

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wanted to say how amazing this is!
One day I will upgrade all my sprites using this tool, and I really appreciate all the effort that has been put into it!

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm very disheartened that im just finding out about this now, im early enough in my project to make the switch but far enough in my project that doing that would be a major setback that would cost me 1-2 months of work easily pandemic or no, a shame as i wanted to use tall sprites so badly but didn't see it possible for my plethora of secondary characters.

still, amazing work, maybe i'll sit down and really evaluate the worth of making the switch, your all awesome for building this!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely love your work, and wondering how I can help? I can somewhat sprite, and great with C# and getting better with the Jav. Let me know!

Ventusgermany

Crazy Wizard
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool stuff!

Thanks for your work. Once there are a few more clothing options I will switch to this.
Currently I think school uniforms are missing. Looking forward to seeing those!

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely love your work, and wondering how I can help? I can somewhat sprite, and great with C# and getting better with the Jav. Let me know!
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately the time where I was very active in developing this resource base is over. I'm still occasionally releasing assets, but those assets are usually either packages of stuff WaywardMartian released, or byproducts of the work I'm currently doing on a game project.

I'd love to develop a more sophisticated generator tool that allows greater liberties, easier accessibility & better management options (tags to switch between fantasy, modern, etc. themes), but I doubt you're eagier to code an entire generator from the start. ;)

If you do - or you're otherwise interested in contributing some small packages of your own - send me a PM and I can help you figure out how to create your own content packs & help with the workflow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

On A different note!

I've been taking apart some of the stripped bases WaywardMartian released awhile ago and used them to pixel a couple variants.

This "DLC Pack" features 12 variants of the "fat merchant clothing" that include gloveless clothing, seperate top & bottom (you can use 2 clothing pieces at once) a vest, and torn clothing of merchants that were down on their luck.

ANY fat clothing.png

Anthares

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great work! I love this project! Thank you!

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing project! Just amazing. This characters are way better than chibi ones!

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE: The TAB Project is currently in the process of being transferred to Schlangan's new generator, and I'm working with K2loid in getting really tall battlers added to it.

If you're interested in helping, if you have suggestions, or just want to see what's going on, feel free to check it out:

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice!

@Anyone question: someone from rpg maker staff ever had come to you and ask something about the TAB being added to MZ? I mean, so much people love it, not sure why they just don't want it for MZ. Maybe they for some reason prefer the chibi characters much more...

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice!

@Anyone question: someone from rpg maker staff ever had come to you and ask something about the TAB being added to MZ? I mean, so much people love it, not sure why they just don't want it for MZ. Maybe they for some reason prefer the chibi characters much more...
Not so far, but I also don't think it's likely.

1. TAB is actually very unknown as an available tool. Most people look in the Resource forum, not the Utilities forum. Aside from that, you can't really compare its popularity with the generally popular asset workshops or contributors.

2. TAB is incomplete. The facesets have a lot of content, but there aren't any sideview battlers (which we're attempting to remedy).

3. TAB doesn't conform to the default RMV Generator standards. In fact, TAB has improved and added layers, creating a more sophisticated layer system - but it, as a result, cannot work in the default RMV generator - so they'd have to actually implement Schlangan's generator as official tool. That's probably not going to happen.

4. While there's a lot of people in community that like tall sprites, and a few that like TAB, I don't necessarily think that the staff favors them over chibi.
That aside, any decisions in that direction would have to come from the team in japan, and I somehow doubt they're all that interested in what I'm doing in the forum. ;)

What would be far, far more likely is that at some point, if TAB takes off, Kadokawa might say: Look at that, people might like those sprites. Let's make an official content pack for our generator.
Which would probably end up making my work superfluous? :LZSlol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

His tracks are always so wonderful.
In a narrative Choose Your Own Adventure-style RPG, do you prefer the narrative to be in 2nd person ("you saw", "you thought"), or 3rd person ("he saw", "he thought")?

What's your preference, and why?
So I have been wondering, if a scientist had to fight mano-a-mano, what kind of weapon he could use besides guns, injecting himself with Super Drug X, and piloting Mecha 13th?
3 hours of trying to figure out why my world creator was respawning stuff I wanted spliced out... Only to discover I foolishly trying to splice an object and not it's array position. *facepalms * Oh well at least some good came out of it, I remembered how much fun it is to squish Yanpi. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfredotrojse