Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellent work and sharing, I really hope to generate SV side view battle images

fstar9688

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great program, I'm still learning how to use it and add my sprites but it's really good.

rux

I love blankets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for making this, really helpful.

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this program is really helpful. i'm definitely looking forward to all the updates. given it's current state, is there an easy way of converting existing generator resources to enable use on taller characters? for example, i have a "slightly balding" rear hair part that I can't figure out to make work on the taller default sprite.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this program is really helpful. i'm definitely looking forward to all the updates. given it's current state, is there an easy way of converting existing generator resources to enable use on taller characters? for example, i have a "slightly balding" rear hair part that I can't figure out to make work on the taller default sprite.
Not sure where your difficulties are. Hair is built in 2 layers for the front hair and 3 layers for the rear hair (hair from behind, highlights that go above things, background layer for compatibility).

A slightly balding part would be designated as first layer of the rear hair if it's only visible from behind.

If you're having trouble with it, just pop into my discord & I'll help you out.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do guys you think there are/will be any assets for Elves & Orcs? (Not the pig looking orcs, more like D&D or WoW Orcs...say no to pig-snouts!)

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do guys you think there are/will be any assets for Elves & Orcs? (Not the pig looking orcs, more like D&D or WoW Orcs...say no to pig-snouts!)
It depends.

The first step is getting everything set up so that sideview battlers are a thing, you have face parts that allow different expressions where you don't have to dramatically change the face itself, perhaps other additions like dead poses & similar.

Once that's done, adding stuff to it becomes easy. The problem is getting there.

Alonzo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I have the problem that I do everything as indicated for the generator installation, but apparently the new version does not work the same as before, there is someone here who has a previous version of "RPG Maker MV Extended Generator" before the version 0.66?

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I have the problem that I do everything as indicated for the generator installation, but apparently the new version does not work the same as before, there is someone here who has a previous version of "RPG Maker MV Extended Generator" before the version 0.66?
There have been others with that problem. The last working version (0.10) is pinned in my discord, since Schlangan doesn't seem to be hosting it anymore.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A visual equip system with this would be pretty neat! :)

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
adding tall char option to schlangans generator is really an impressive idea!

I am currently working on using the Img size of BigMonster2 on normal 3x4 frame chibi chars in order to have room to add weapons on those Chars for Mapbattle usage
(walk with weapons and use weapons)
=> the extra room can also be used to add State Animations or other stuff to a Char Sprite

newExamplePosiSetup.png
$bigM2Default.png
$bigM2Net.png
BIGM2CenterPoints.png
$bigM2SpearUnit.png
$bigM2SwordUnit.png
(this last Image is work in progress and will be reworked, even if all my assets are free to use , i recommend to not use this one because the sword is moving a bit to much in some cases here)
If anybody is interressted in that topic,
at the moment this Topic and the Progress can be seen here.
But i will probably open another thread later where i give a step by step tutorial + all assets which i allready edited

Therefore i will also visit Schlangans thread later, when i got more and better edited Imgs and ask about if it would be possible somewhere in the future to store the Characters that are made with Schlangans Generator also on those "BigMonster2" Img size.
(regarding the walking Sprites not the SV Sprites)

These Imgs will need an "Ancor Y" edit,when used in a project and that can be done with one of Shaz Plugins easily
@Shaz made a really nice Plugin that provides all needed Functions for that :
Character Anchors

Last edited:

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A visual equip system with this would be pretty neat! :)
I thought so, too. ;)
But your upcoming VN plugin can probably help with that? :D

adding tall char option to schlangans generator is really an impressive idea!

I am currently working on using the Img size of BigMonster2 on normal 3x4 frame chibi chars in order to have room to add weapons on those Chars for Mapbattle usage
(walk with weapons and use weapons)
=> the extra room can also be used to add State Animations or other stuff to a Char Sprite

View attachment 167434
View attachment 167435
View attachment 167436
View attachment 167437
View attachment 167438
View attachment 167439
(this last Image is work in progress and will be reworked, even if all my assets are free to use , i recommend to not use this one because the sword is moving a bit to much in some cases here)
If anybody is interressted in that topic,
at the moment this Topic and the Progress can be seen here.
But i will probably open another thread later where i give a step by step tutorial + all assets which i allready edited

Therefore i will also visit Schlangans thread later, when i got more and better edited Imgs and ask about if it would be possible somewhere in the future to store the Characters that are made with Sclangans generator also on those "BigMonster2" Img size.
(regarding the walking Sprites not the SV Sprites)

These Imgs will need an "Ancor Y" edit,when used in a project and that can be done with one of Shaz Plugins easily
That's an interesting project. I tried something along those lines initially, but no one seemed interested in making use of an equipped weapons system, so I moved past it & focused on other stuff.

Not sure what you need Schlangan's help for, though. You can easily use custom spritesheets in his generator by making your own template at any size and add layers for weapons. You'd have to resize all spritesheets of the assets, though, to fit whatever new dimensions you're going for.

Best way to do that would probably be a Photoshop Action script if you have Photoshop. You can simply record the workspace increase, and then replay it via batch action over all sprites whose dimensions you wish to change and voilá, everything fits the new template size.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought so, too. ;)
But your upcoming VN plugin can probably help with that? :D

That's an interesting project. I tried something along those lines initially, but no one seemed interested in making use of an equipped weapons system, so I moved past it & focused on other stuff.

Not sure what you need Schlangan's help for, though. You can easily use custom spritesheets in his generator by making your own template at any size and add layers for weapons. You'd have to resize all spritesheets of the assets, though, to fit whatever new dimensions you're going for.

Best way to do that would probably be a Photoshop Action script if you have Photoshop. You can simply record the workspace increase, and then replay it via batch action over all sprites whose dimensions you wish to change and voilá, everything fits the new template size.
really? i didnt knew that this is possible with using "any size".. in that case you are right and i wont need help to add it to the generator! thx
(that will avoid a loot of work, when i want to get the Oversize Char Images^^)

on the other hand that sounds like a lot of work
(the char size itself stays same only the Image size and position changes)
->does "assets" mean in that case all Clothes ect?
-> if "assets" means the weapons in that Case, this should not be a problem

Im only using paint 3d , and dont think that i am able to do this

Last edited:

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
really? i didnt knew that this is possible with using "any size".. in that case you are right and i wont need help to add it to the generator! thx
(that will avoid a loot of work, when i want to get the Oversize Char Images^^)

on the other hand that sounds like a lot of work
(the char size itself stays same only the Image size and position changes)
->does "assets" mean in that case all Clothes ect?

Im using only paint 3d , and dont think that i am able to do this
1605103459461.png
In the templates field, you can simply change the dimensions to whatever a single 3x4 character should have.

Assets means everything that's drawn and is a part of the character sprite. The body, the clothing, the accessories, all of it.

The workload is absolutely unreasonable, but you can either look for some way to use PSD for some time or ask someone with photoshop to do it for you.
With an action script, all you need to do is put everything in one folder & let a workspace changing action run over it, which automates everything, meaning it can be done in a couple minutes drinking coffee while the computer does all the work. It's what I did to adjust all accessories from the default generator to this generator with the taller sprites.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 167488
In the templates field, you can simply change the dimensions to whatever a single 3x4 character should have.

Assets means everything that's drawn and is a part of the character sprite. The body, the clothing, the accessories, all of it.

The workload is absolutely unreasonable, but you can either look for some way to use PSD for some time or ask someone with photoshop to do it for you.
With an action script, all you need to do is put everything in one folder & let a workspace changing action run over it, which automates everything, meaning it can be done in a couple minutes drinking coffee while the computer does all the work. It's what I did to adjust all accessories from the default generator to this generator with the taller sprites.
I am planing to add most of the Default weapons on Oversize IMGs..
(those which are default for SV battler animations ,even if i use icon weapons because of smaller size in most cases)
..and to make Default Char Imgs which can be used as basic
Screenshot_1.png

this one is not finished yet
.. but i think for changing all Img's size&position for Clothes ect, ill need to ask for help as soon im done

my knowledge is very limited on scripts

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Anyone nah, not properly. My vn system is more just for busts and such. Was gonna do a 4 dir dbone thing for map characters. But I think a system using these assets could be coded up easily enough. Its just some tedious work for assigning each image piece to weapons etc and then creating a custom composite sprite of all layers. Would be much better with these assets than the default generator parts, thats for sure!! :D

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am planing to add most of the Default weapons on Oversize IMGs..
(those which are default for SV battler animations ,even if i use icon weapons because of smaller size in most cases)
..and to make Default Char Imgs which can be used as basic
View attachment 167493

this one is not finished yet
.. but i think for changing all Img's size&position for Clothes ect, ill need to ask for help as soon im done

my knowledge is very limited on scripts
Not sure what you're planning to do with the default char? If you have the spritesheet dimensions and want to increase the sheet size & reposition the body, clothing, accessories, etc. all of that can be handled automatically. If you give me your unedited base sprite you want used, the final positions you want them to be in, and the spritesheet dimensions, I can just write & share a photoshop action I can do in 5 minutes or something.
But they're only usable with photoshop. Trial versions or outdated ones made free for public use are probably the go-to-thing if you don't want to pay monthly photoshop fees.

@Anyone nah, not properly. My vn system is more just for busts and such. Was gonna do a 4 dir dbone thing for map characters. But I think a system using these assets could be coded up easily enough. Its just some tedious work for assigning each image piece to weapons etc and then creating a custom composite sprite of all layers. Would be much better with these assets than the default generator parts, thats for sure!! :D
Yeah, not sure how and if I'll do that. First this project needs to reach the spot where sideview battlers exist & content can be produced for them. Once that's done, maybe I can start looking into building a composite sprite system where equipment can be assigned to "layers" of a sprite, as you say.

Gonna have to see where I'll find the time. x.X Too much stuff to do, too little time.

Alonzo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, my bad ...

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, not sure how and if I'll do that. First this project needs to reach the spot where sideview battlers exist & content can be produced for them. Once that's done, maybe I can start looking into building a composite sprite system where equipment can be assigned to "layers" of a sprite, as you say.
Imo, should probably focus on the 4-directional sprites 1st. Lol, but that's probably just me talking since I don't use SV battlers. :kaoswt2:

Looking forward to this generator!

nksx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Eagerly awaiting the tall sideview battlers implemented, any update?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!
Ugh, I opened MV after a few weeks and I'm completely lost on what I was working on.
Does it happen to someone else or am I the only disorganized one around? :kaoswt:
xH5Fk2f.jpg
Today was not a really productive day, but at least i got some bust sketches going <3
E7QXZHNXoAIkpG8
hmm in exploring MZ with FOSSIL... I see I'll probably need to stick with MV for now as none of the menu altering plugins I use work on MZ lol. and I don't have the money to dump into what I would need in some cases to update plugins to their MZ versions. Everytime I think of converting, 5 or more reasons popup on why I shouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuthuatxocdia