Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Synopsis: Ever wondered why in every game you are a rich hero that gets the girl and in real life... it at least ain't so easy? This game is an exploration of that topic, along with other themes. It's much heavier on social commentary than actual combat or gameplay, although there's some work being put into that as well. Some people that played it said it's more of an oldschool adventure game with RPG elements. It might not look it at first, but the game draws inspiration from such series as Persona and Yakuza.

Engine: RPG Maker MV

Current state of works: A pretty polished gameplay demo is available. It represents around 20% of the game. Further 10-20% is already prepared, just outside the demo. Currently focusing on adding further chapters, proper mapping and art. All characters, FX and UI are still a placeholder.

Screenshot_1.png

The team: Right now the core team is me (design, story, scripting), and a composer. It's an after-hours passion project for both of us. He's a piano teacher and I'm a full-time game producer with a bunch of big titles behind my belt.

I'm also hiring a few artists to help with mapping, lighting and characters.

Goals: We'd like to use some of the industry connections I have to find a publisher or at least a marketing team once we hit alpha and then ship it commercially, but we're not in a hurry.

Positions/Roles Needed:
- Scripter for some plugin fixes (zooms, message fades, parallaxes) and UI coding
- UI artist

Since the goal is to make it a commercial game, there is a possibility those roles could be paid, but that would be subject to separate contract discussions that would have to take place outside of the forums.

Screenshot_2.png
Skill Trade: I've been in the industry for quite a while now and have solid knowledge in both business/production and design areas. I can offer help in the following topics:
- narrative design
- writing
- high level game design
- production scoping and planning
- budget planning
- in-depth review and analysis
- general advice

Screenshot_3.png

Tags:
Game Genre: Adventure, RPG, Comedy, Economy

Last edited:

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edited the post and bumping it up. Programming support found, now we're looking for Artists.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would be interested in helping out with your tile art needs in exchange for your above-mentioned expertise for a project that I'm launching soon. You can either google 'Starbird tilesets' or poke around this site for some example of my work. If it seems like we'd be a good fit for each other, just send an email to starbirdresources (at) tutanota com and we can go from there!

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Artists found. Positions open for a UI Artist and a Scripter (especially a Scripter). Main post updated accordingly.

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a pretty good artist, I can send you some UI references I have, just PM me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FenixLuciferum