killerspirit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hello everyone,

I am a fan of Tabletop RPG like Dungeon and dragons and i would like to know if something exist to make a system like this in RPG maker ?
I would like to change the stat by the 6 stat of an RPG (Strengh, Dexterity, wisdom ....) and have a success based on dice role (1d20 and stat bonus for the result) for the fight and action that the player does.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Beckx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i haven't gotten around to play around with the plugin, but this one here could be what you're looking for?

Moerder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
F'thaghn
Primarily Uses
RMMV
absolutely possible, certainly without a plugin as well. the key word is 'variables'. you can implement any tabletop system since D&D is by far not the only one out there...you just need to think about all the stats and mechanics that you need. oh yeah, dedication helps, too :p

killerspirit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Yeah But how can i let the player create there own character with choose of stat in a menu ?

Moerder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
F'thaghn
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want to design it yourself without using the plugin posted above, you'll need a variable for each skill/stat/attribute etc. and some kind of dialog for the player to choose these. some may have a given standard value, like any character should be able to Jump in some way thus it could be a fixed..6 or whatever values you are using, and then they can decide to improve that value. or you could improve a set of variables by choosing a specific class, like choosing fighter improves melee, dodge, HP and so on. if you package this in the form of nested conditional branches, choices or some other form/menu is really up to you. as with most things, there are many ways to do this

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I think this is what you maybe looking for.. if you check his twitter his making a dice game i think mobile

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have several plugins that may assist you in a more D&D-like experience. @Beckx was kind enough to link to one. I have others linked below in my footer of you want to check those out.

For MZ, I plan to release a little sumpem sumpem with mostly complete table-top capabilities and a whole lot more. It's probably still several months out, though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Our garage has been so full since moving we haven't been able to get our car in. Storm night before last (no hail), storms forecast for last night & today. I convinced hubby we should clean out the garage and we managed to get it done and get the car in. Hail last night! Just in time!
Taller RTP Characters, Rewrite Dialogues w/ AI, & Simple Event AI & Shooting | RPG Maker News #37

No water this time, just trying for a majestic cliffside... The cave snuck in because I liked it. Now I guess I need a mini cave map or "secret" for it. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodeorodent