Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since I've already searched the vast expanses of the internet, I wanted to ask if any of you know of a Fire Emblem-style tactical battle system that isn't either unfinished, no longer available, or completely buggy. Thus a battle system that you can actually use in a game. :LZScheeze: Maybe there's one from earlier times that I don't know about yet? Thanks in advance for any tips. :LZSsmile:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
tactical battle system
The most popular for the english community would be the GTBS v2.4. Link
Another I got translated from a japanese site is this.

If these don't do what you want then you'll probably have to ask for a commission. And that gets expensive for a custom battle system as battle systems are the most difficult to make.
Of course there are other softwares if vx ace can't do what you want. I just saw a page on another program that does tactic style rpg from steam.

And there are MV equivalent systems if you so choose.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2 Wow, thanks. I didn't know the second one at all. It seems to work well and without flaws as far as I can tell from a little bit of testing around. :LZScheeze: As for the first one: I know GTBS well and that's even more like what I am looking for. However, I don't like the isometric perspective at all and don't know if I can use this system in a normal way (without Lavy Meta).

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2
I've been looking at that japanese script you posted and it looks pretty nice, but I have some questions on how to set it up. I see various notetags in the actor and skill sections, but no mention of how to use them in the script itself. The skill ones define the range and shape, but I don't see what each number means. As for the actor ones, I don't know what these ones do either.
On the skills:
<Range 6> <Range type 2> <Hole 1> <Range 2> <Range type 1>

On the actors:
<Movement power 4> <Collaboration power 100> <Searching power 500>

Also, is there some way in this script to modify hit rate based on how far away an actor is from an enemy?

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have some questions on how to set it up.
What you know about the script is about as much as I know. I found it, don't remember where and got a friend that knew japanese to translate it.
From there I tested it and it worked.
Beyond that I really don't know. I haven't touched it for probably 2 years.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This thread is solved for me. Currently testing around some stuff with GTBS v2.4. and see if I can get along with it. :LZScheeze:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
On the skills:
<Range 6> <Range type 2> <Hole 1> <Range 2> <Range type 1>
On the actors:
<Movement power 4> <Collaboration power 100> <Searching power 500>
Also, is there some way in this script to modify hit rate based on how far away an actor is from an enemy?
I've looked at it some more. I'm taking pictures of the differences and I cleaned up the japanese text so now there is only english. I'll post an updated zip file when I'm done the image capture.

@cthulhusquid Here is what I've been able to figure out. The rest is up to you.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipgea