Tactics Game

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Brave_Hero, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Brave_Hero

Brave_Hero Unknow_Hero Member

First Language:
    Portugês-Brasil
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello guys!!
    PS: Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place, i'm new here so... i do not know how, and where, post.
    anyway...

I want to ask if can i make a game like advance wars and fire emblem, whit RPG Maker MV?
    And you can recomend a games like this made in RPG maker

2. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Brave_Hero You can but there are only two SRPG/tactics plugin systems I know of, and both are locked behind either needing to know how to use JavaScript (LeCode's Battle System) or is completely in Japanese (tomoaky's SRPG plugin system). Honestly, there is a different engine I would recommend using for that kind of game, but since I am not allowed to name it via forum rules, I'll have to PM you the name of the engine I use for tactics-type games.

3. Animebryan

Animebryan Feels like I'm slowly dying! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've actually thought about making a Advance Wars MV myself, but its easier said than done. I don't think anyone's even attempted to make a 'Tactics' type of game yet. It would definitely require the use of some plugins first. I'd recommend going to http://yanfly.moe/yep/ and grabbing at least the Yanfly Core Engine & YEP Self Switches & Variables http://yanfly.moe/2016/08/06/yep-113-self-switches-variables-rpg-maker-mv/ (since each 'Unit' as an event will need to keep track of various stats for itself like HP, Ammo & Fuel [Advance Wars], ATK Power, etc)

You'll also need graphics for units which you may or may not be able to find. It might be possible with just events & those 2 plugins but more plugins may be required.

4. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Animebryan Like I said, there is actually a whole different software engine dedicated to these types of RPGs (which I actually use myself, so I can personally recommend it), but the two plugin systems I provided the names of do the job as well, but neither are beginner friendly, as I have tried both.

5. Animebryan

Animebryan Feels like I'm slowly dying! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hence why I suggested using those plugins in tandem with eventing. The Self Switches & Variables plugin would allow events as 'Units' to keep track of their own stats such as HP, Ammo & Fuel, ATK Power, etc. Although now that I think about it, some of Yanfly's newest event-based plugins will be needed in order to create units when you add new ones to the field.

6. quackenbirdt

quackenbirdt Duke of Dogs Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @JtheDuelist I'm intrigued of this.. software, could you PM me as well? Regarding the tactics type of rpg maker game, I tried to make a similar one in VX Ace, it was also Lecode's as well, but I have long scrapped and abandoned it since I've gotten into MV.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  7. Eurritimia

Eurritimia Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In addition to those, there is a tactics system created by Embxii.

8. LordDarthon58

LordDarthon58 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can you dm me the program please :)