Tactics System 0.6

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Embxii, Jun 29, 2018.

?

What is the add-on you want the most ?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2018.
  1. combat animation scene

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. fog of war

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. experience gain system

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. permanent death

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Embxii

Embxii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tactics System | 0.6

by embxii_

Introduction
    The Tactics System is a tactical battle system for RPG Maker MV inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics and the Fire Emblem series. The system is in development and will be updated regularly. Please report any errors you find to me so I can fix them.

Download
    You can download the system on my GitHub page. It contains the plugin, terms of use and documentation.
    I have created a demo project [outated !] that contains an example of using the system.

Next Versions
    Below is a list of features that will integrate the system in future releases:
    • map menu;
    • buff move;
    • auto-battle;
    • escape a battle;
    • events triggers;
    • plugin commands.
    The following features may integrate the system as an add-on:
    • combat scene;
      • id region battleback,
    • mouse system;
      • gamepad compatibility,
    • experience gain system;
      • new mode,
    • artificial intelligence ++;
    • preparation battle;
    • terrain properties.

Terms of Use

Free for use in non-commercial or commercial projects.
    Credits required to: arleq1n

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Kvothe, StreetCherub, Nenen and 23 others like this.
  2. Weezy

Weezy Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Embxil, you have provided something that I might choose for my game's battle system. I'm going to mess around and see what I can do and leave you some feedback asap.

3. Embxii

Embxii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I need some feedback to improve and fix errors. Thanks.

Version 0.2 :
    The system displays popup damages.
    [​IMG]

NM Play and Lonewulf123 like this.
  4. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    This looks really neat. How compatible is it with other plugins that affect the battle system? I assume not very, but what about with plugins such as the yanfly library?

Great job!

5. Goku0000

Goku0000 Villager Member

First Language:
    français
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello I install this plugin but I have two characters: 1 which is equipped with a sword, the 2nd is equipped with a bow and I would like it to attack at a distance from the enemy, how to do?

6. ShellFlare

ShellFlare Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey I just wanted to say that I'm gonna be really following this.

I like to make games as apps for android using RPGMAKER, and the current TBS that exists is LeCode's and as wonderful as it is, it wont work on mobile.

I tested this, and [once you update the core rpgmaker scripts cuz this was made in 1.5.3 which was bugged] it works perfectly on android!!!!

Huge fan of what you are doing and cant wait to see where you take it!

Embxii likes this.
  7. Embxii

Embxii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your comment. Indeed, the system is not compatible with the other plugins for two reasons.
    The first is that the basic combat system still works. He's not being replaced !
    The second is the flow. The system works like Fire Emblem series : i.e. the player phase and the enemy phase.

What are Yanfly's battle plugins that interest you ?
    Maybe an update of the system later for plugin compatibility.

I updated the plugin to 0.2.1. You can now specify a range for a weapon that will replace the range of attack skill. This update also improves performance.

8. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    Thank you for the reply! I didn’t have anything in mind yet personally, but know that it would be a question that people will want answered eventually!

I’ll need to play around with the plugin some more. Great job!

9. ShellFlare

First Language:
    English

I think one good plugin people would want from yanfly is the Skill Cost Items.

Also, not a complaint, but I notice a sort or "lag" when selecting with mouse/touch, similar to if the targeter is a player that has to pathfind over a grid to get to the selected tile.

Im wondering if I combine this plugin with a smooth camera plugin or a pixel movement plugin if that would affect this.

10. Embxii

Embxii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I fixed the problem with map scroll in 0.2.2 version. It's more "smooth" move now. Thanks for reporting this problem.
    Also, the system is compatible with the YEP.8 - Skill Core and YEP.43 - Skill Cost Items!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    ShellFlare likes this.
  11. ShellFlare

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the update.

Not sure if you are taking feature requests or not, but just thinking of things that can improve this a bit.

Sorry if u think im gonna comment too much but I seriously love this right now.

1) Have the option to show a "splash" at Player Phase and Enemy Phase. I think I seem to recall one of the fire emblem games doing this. so at battle start it will flash, say player phase as a pic, then you can move, once all your units move or skip, then it does the flash for enemy phase. etc.

I think it might be a nice option if its possible.

2) Battle scene.

On attack, fade screen to a battleback/image and draw the actor using attack/skill animation based on the data for sideview battler of actor, then draw enemy with the image stored in the enemy tag, then play skill animation, [if this is for enemies, then also have a step where the actor does their "takes tamage" animation. after animation, erase actor, enemy and battleback images.

these are two features I think fit with the fire emblem style. and they are just suggested features. if you cant do it, im sure theres a way for me to common event the alogrithim and use the draw picture event command and then tie the skill to a common event for the graphics.

Again just suggestions, still really love this plugin, it's amazing work!

EDIT: third thing I thought of, in the choose action phase after you have moved, in addition to just having the action bar at the bottom left, also have the face/face and stats of the actor drawn in the top right.

EDIT2: Have states be able to grant bonus move range or attack range. So you can use buff skills to increase range or a Sprint skill that adds a state that lets you move further.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  12. Embxii

Embxii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I develop this with the idea of offering a system adhering to the RPG Maker philosophy. That is to say a simple system to use and implemented to be in harmony with the other features offered by the software. My favorite t-rpg is Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. This is my reference to develop this plugin. In the future, we will approach the functionalities of a classic Fire Emblem.

All the features you talk about are expected in the next versions except perhaps the battle scene. I tended to uncheck this option when I was playing because it's redundant and takes time. After seeing all the animations, I find this option loses in interest. I'll see if it's difficult to implement this feature but certainly this option comes when I feel that the basis of the system is good. I think I would provide this feature as an add-on if I found it useful.

I'm glad you like the system.

13. KikkoLolle

KikkoLolle Warper Member

First Language:
    italiano
    Fantastic plugins, but will a demo be available soon?:D:D:D:D:D:D

14. ShellFlare

First Language:
    English
    the demo is out. Look at his first post and the "Empty project" hyperlink is a demo. the same one shown in video

15. KikkoLolle

KikkoLolle Warper Member

First Language:
    italiano
    Ah...yes! Thanks! :D:D:D:D

16. keizz

keizz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for share, I can't wait for new update soon.

17. Embxii

Embxii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Version 0.3 :
    The system displays hp gauge and icon state. The states are functional except the restriction. It will be implemented later when I incorporate an artificial intelligence enhancement. I also updated the demo.
    [​IMG]
    I'll be less active in the next weeks. Also the updates will be more spaced in time but more regularly.
    You can recommend me plugins from Yanfly for an update for compatibility with the system.

You didn't wait very long!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    MMMm, ShellFlare and Mojo907 like this.
  18. Mojo907

Mojo907 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe low on your priority, but maybe some weapon animations...not even anything too advance, just swing or poke would probably suffice for the most part.

Also, maybe some indicator of the active player, even an end turn state could be nice.....something to show what characters still have actions to do. (although reading your to do list seems to say you may be working on this part)

19. Embxii

Embxii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I added the weapon animations but I'm not sure because it requires animations for all 4 directions.
    Yes, version 0.3.1 changes the color to show the units that have already played their turn.

Mojo907 likes this.
  20. Mojo907

Mojo907 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think perhaps you can rotate the weapon sprite ( or flip it ) based on the character facing, so perhaps you wouldn't need four different animations.