Tactics System 1.2.1 (Tactical Battle System)

Kittan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, i'm a beginner on RPG Maker and i would like to thanks for this Tactics System and thank everyone who posted on this thread, it really helped me to progress and solve some problems.

I still have one problem, I can't find a way to transfer the player to another map after a battle, the game fades to black (like @Zayriel) but i don't understand the solution that @EpicFILE gave him, because i'm a French beginner.)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, i'm a beginner on RPG Maker and i would like to thanks for this Tactics System and thank everyone who posted on this thread, it really helped me to progress and solve some problems.

I still have one problem, I can't find a way to transfer the player to another map after a battle, the game fades to black (like @Zayriel) but i don't understand the solution that @EpicFILE gave him, because i'm a French beginner.)
Fade In Command:
(Turn the Lights On)
Screenshot_1.png
----------
I am not sure if that is the same Problem which i showed earlier here #140
But it sounds like the "fade in" is still missing?
(that means the Screen ist still Black and doesnt turn the lights back on,after battle..)
After the "fade in" (turn light on), is done you can see if its still the same map or if you were transfered..

in french:
(google translated)
J'ai déjà montré plus tôt #140 qu'il manquait une commande "Fade in", donc l'écran était sombre après le combat et vous ne saviez pas sur quelle carte vous étiez. Vous devez d'abord inclure une commande "Fade in" pour que les lumières se rallument, puis vous pouvez voir, sur quelle carte vous êtes..

Edit

the Player Transfer command is this one:
la commande Player Transfer est celle-ci:
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel
this plugin doesn't have an aoe for the moment. i don't plan to write one but maybe someone will?

Also, this wouldn't exactly be a shape, but how about...
  • Float (initially 3x3 diamond shape 1 space away from player; change the range of the shape)
you can use <Range:1 3 diamond> tag. if this doesn't work, let me know.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel
this plugin doesn't have an aoe for the moment. i don't plan to write one but maybe someone will?

@arleq1n My bad, allow me to clarify: when I said AoE I meant using the "All Enemies" scope option, which awesomely works with your current system from what I can tell. I think that expanding it to the other shapes would be a dope way to create a variety of skills utilizing the same scope option.

you can use <Range:1 3 diamond> tag. if this doesn't work, let me know.

What you suggested was setting up the default diamond shape that appears around the character. My idea for Float would be using a diamond shape that you could maneuver away from the character.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes you can create exploration maps and battle maps like in base system. except that the battle needs to proceed in a map.

there is already a plugin that does it! and it's here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...for-creating-turn-based-strategy-game.110366/

when I started writing this plugin, it didn't exist! it has the same principle as this plugin, i.e. a plugin that can be extended by add-ons written by the community. even if I find my plugin is better written, the srpg engine has much more support from the community and I think it's useless to separate the forces! i continue to fix the bugs that are reported to me but i think that you have to gain by using the srpg engine.
thank you for letting me know, it seems you've created a great tool and i can't wait to see what i can do with it.

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@arleq1n My bad, allow me to clarify: when I said AoE I meant using the "All Enemies" scope option, which awesomely works with your current system from what I can tell. I think that expanding it to the other shapes would be a dope way to create a variety skills utilizing the same scope option.

What you suggested was setting up the default diamond shape that appears around the character. My idea for Float would be using a diamond shape that you could maneuver away from the character.

This "Float" idea is probably what OP was thinking of when you first said "AoE." But yeah, the other shapes would be a neat idea.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This "Float" idea is probably what OP was thinking of when you first said "AoE." But yeah, the other shapes would be a neat idea.

Thanks, dude!

BTW, who is OP?

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, @Frostorm!

@arleq1n This is what I meant by "Float". A way to hit an area that's a distance away from the player. An example of this could be a grenade/bomb attack.

float.png

Another shape idea:
Octo- a combination of Cross and 2-space Saltire (8-point star).

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dunno if I asked this already, but is there a way to base a spell's maximum range off of the caster's luck stat or magical attack stat or something?

yuichi_64

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please. I need your help. How to move the windows to corners of screen? Screen size of my project is 1200 x 672.Безимени-1.jpg

AlexPlayer3000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
I keep getting this error: "Cannot read property 'isBattleMember' of undefined.
The console outputs this:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'isBattleMember' of undefined
at Game_Troop.<anonymous> (Tactics_Basic.js:3019)
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at Game_Troop.setupTactics (Tactics_Basic.js:3018)
at Function.BattleManager.updateEnemyPhase (Tactics_Basic.js:1521)
at Function.BattleManager.updateStartEnemy (Tactics_Basic.js:1512)
at Function.BattleManager.updateStart (Tactics_Basic.js:1482)
at Function.BattleManager.updatePhase (Tactics_Basic.js:1186)
at Function.BattleManager.update (Tactics_Basic.js:1157)
at Function.BattleManager.update (Tactics_Prepa.js:289)
at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (Tactics_Basic.js:836)

Edit: This seems to happen whenever i make enemy reinforcement spawn

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I am trying to learn this, I got two events down for player and monster. Either the game loads normally as if no plugin, or it loads right into non-tactics battle against the enemy as if regular jrpg/no plugin somehow. I don't know how to make it work.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@arleq1n This is what I meant by "Float". A way to hit an area that's a distance away from the player. An example of this could be a grenade/bomb attack.
no it's not possible for the moment. you have to wait for an external plugin for this feature.

Dunno if I asked this already, but is there a way to base a spell's maximum range off of the caster's luck stat or magical attack stat or something?
not for the moment, but I'll add it in the list of features to integrate. when I have time, i'll try to implement it.

Please. I need your help. How to move the windows to corners of screen? Screen size of my project is 1200 x 672.
you can easily change this in the Tactics_Basic.js script on line 610. replace the two methods createActorWindow and createEnemyWindow by
JavaScript:
Scene_Battle.prototype.createActorWindow = function() {
    var sx = 32;
    this._actorWindow = new Window_TacticsStatus();
    this._actorWindow.x = 0;
    this.addWindow(this._actorWindow);
};

Scene_Battle.prototype.createEnemyWindow = function() {
    var sx = 32;
    this._enemyWindow = new Window_TacticsStatus();
    this._enemyWindow.x = Graphics.boxWidth - this._enemyWindow.width;
    this.addWindow(this._enemyWindow);
};

I keep getting this error: "Cannot read property 'isBattleMember' of undefined.
The console outputs this:
can you send me your project with only the situation that produces the error and without the unused assets in mp? it would help me a lot to fix this problem.

Hi, I am trying to learn this, I got two events down for player and monster. Either the game loads normally as if no plugin, or it loads right into non-tactics battle against the enemy as if regular jrpg/no plugin somehow. I don't know how to make it work.
hi! you can download a demo in the following link with an example of use. you must however replace the Tactics_Basic.js plugins and its add ons that are present here because they have corrections not present in the demo version.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no it's not possible for the moment. you have to wait for an external plugin for this feature.

Any plans on expanding the list of range shapes?

Alchemiser

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, sorry to bother this is my first time posting. When I tried loading up the plugin, I can get to combat, but nothing starts. The Actor simply stands there unable to move.

j-zilla

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Just wanted to say thank you for creating this plug. Really enjoying your work!

PhantomTrain

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Howdy!

Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying using this, nice and easy to use. However, I have a question:

I noticed that spells don't give XP when using them. I was able to make the damaging spells give XP by adding <Exp Formula:b.exp() / 10> to the notes section of the spell, but it doesn't work for the healing spells. I saw in an earlier post that adding a.gainEXP(x); to the front of the formula should help, but I am uncertain what is meant by this. Should this be added to the front of the formula in the Notes or should it be added elsewhere? I have screenshots if those would help.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FYI, if anyone is interested in using SumRndmDde's Character Creator EX plugin in their TBS project, this seems to be the only engine that'll play nice with it (which is a major bonus if you're into customization :thumbsup-right:).

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soicaukubetim