Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there anyway to make this work with Yanfly's Grid free doodads? When I enter a battle all doodads are gone? I could really use a work around! Thank you!

Last edited:

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I just downloaded this over the weekend)Just curious. I know this doesn't have terrain buffs but is it possible to makeshift it to where when you step on a tile it gives you a status effect that debuffs your movement?(I think I saw were its updated to status effects can debuff your movement with the <Ts-parameter:Move -int>) or am I remembering wrong?(I tried reading though all 15 pages of this thread in 1 night.)
I'm willing to put in the effort if someone can point me on where to start(I'm going to try to learn the scripting in my free time)
You must be referring to this post:

Hi, love this battle system, I admit I'm new to scripting and making games, but I have got the plugins working fine so far, wondering how to I get the music to work? I have tried calling script and setting it in the editor to no avail. Can someone please help me?

Thank you!
What issue are you having with the music?

sb~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome, thanks for finishing and sharing this! I will likely plan my next game around using this battle system whenever I get around to that :)

Vinick

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Caio
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need help.
I don't have exp with the tactical system, I'm having trouble installing it in my game and getting into a battle mode, I do what I have on a youtube video but I never get to get into tactical mode.
I do everything in this video link "".
But I'm sure something is missing because I can never get into tactical battle mode.
I'm trying to do a project from scratch, I just create the project and do this step by step of the video, but I can't get a fight to happen in the tactical way, if you can help me, I'll thank you.
It's my first game, as I really like final fantasy tatics, I developed a story to create my game, but I'm still learning how to use the RPG MAKER MV.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vinick Were you able to read through the thread? I know it might seem daunting to read through, but I'm sure you'll be able to find the solution. If you haven't yet, perhaps using my first query might help as a starting point:

Asrielupgraded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh Hoi. I have have an idea of a skill which is essentially an "Act Again" skill from Fire Emblem. In which a unit goes to someone and makes them have another turn. Is this possible to do with the plugin or no?

meteomage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now it's just my luck that this plugin will turn out to be completely incompatible with everything, but here's hoping that's not the case.
I've been playing around with it a bit, and most plugins that don't affect battles seem to work. There are other "normal things" that don't though.

• YEP_CoreEngine
  • YEP_ExtraParamFormula
  • YEP_HitAccuracy
  • YEP_SkillCore
  • YEP_SkillCooldowns
  • YEP_ElementCore
  • YEP_EnemyLevels
  • HIME_CounterAfterHit

• [*]YEP_PartySystem
    [*]YEP_BattleEngineCore
    [*]YEP_WeaponUnleash
    [*]YEP_BattleAICore (Conditions and skills work, but targetting doesn't)
    [*]Enemies escaping (Work around with Troop events, switches and erase event on map)
    [*]Action times+
    [*]Display enemy drops
These are just things I have gotten to work and not work which I think may be useful in making the battles more interesting. Yanfly's plugins are no longer free though, so you may want to find alternatives.

Kyriosu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello ! I have a problem to change the range of skills :/ When i use <range:int int>, no problem, but when i use <range:int int shape>, it just ignore the "shape" :/

Asrielupgraded

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah, I tried using party system because for some reason my party members duplicate after a battle and when I used it. The copies leave but entering a battle, when an enemy touches the player. The game crashes.

meteomage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kyriosu - I think shapes got removed. I looked through the .js file and can't find anything that looks like it would be affected by the shapes.

@Asrielupgraded - I had the same problem. I made a common event to check whether each actor is in my party. If they are, I remove them twice and add them once. I run this common event after every battle just in case. Also arleq1n said he isn't really working on this plugin anymore, and Action times + doesn't seem to do anything, so not sure if there would be a way to make a skill to be able to go twice unless you know javascript and can change the plugin.

Cute characters by the way

Kyriosu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Erf... Thanks :/ And is it possible to create skills with "AOE" ? I didn't see anything that mention this possibility, but maybe I missed it ^^'

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a way to make a skill with knockback/push effect?

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    93 KB · Views: 14

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool. How did you get which target is selected? (for your variable 6 and 7)?

Well (short explanation) in my game, the player will activate the fight event always in the same place. So I needed a way to reset multiple events once and again. Then i found Galv's Event Spawner, it allows you to clone events and save the events id into variables through scripts. Is a really cool combo.Anotación 2021-03-02 120652.jpg

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Erf... Thanks :/ And is it possible to create skills with "AOE" ? I didn't see anything that mention this possibility, but maybe I missed it ^^'
Just change the scope to "All Enemies".

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool stuff! Would you be able to turn it into a plugin?
I'm pretty rookie on javascript, I am only able to make some changes to written code. So the answer is no, i'm very sorry :(

Subject aside. Now I'm working in a way to make a skill that gives a unit a double turn. I came up with the idea of change the variables configured in the "Progression Manager" through common event, with no success. If someone have another idea to achieve this it would be great.

Additionally, does anyone knows where in the code is set up the sub phases order?

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Draictig Can your Push script be used to create a basic push attack skill (as a skill effect)?

If so, can it also be modified to do the opposite (Pull)?

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Draictig Can your Push script be used to create a basic push attack skill (as a skill effect)?

If so, can it also be modified to do the opposite (Pull)?
Yes, that's how it works. Actually you can make both push/pull in the same way. I'll explain what I'm doing for make it easier to replicate. but is important to add that I made this for battles with only one actor and one enemy. English is not my first language so I apologize in advance if I write something incorrectly.

First. You need find a way to save in variables the Id events from every actor and enemy. I find that Galv's Event Spawner is just perfect for do that.
Anotación 2021-03-02 120652.jpg
This image is from an event that:
1-clear all previous spawned/cloned events.
2-fadeout for hide the next event spawn.
3-A switch for prepare the "battle processing" in other event.
4-Spawn/clone actor event in the desired location.
5-Important: Save last spawned event Id into variable 6 (or any variable you chose).
6-Spawn/clone enemy event in the desired location.
7-Important: Save last spawned event Id into variable 7 (or any variable you chose).

You must repeat this until you save a variable for each actor/enemy that take part in the battle.

The next thing to do is create the push skill in a common event. The common event in general terms checks who enemy/actor is receiving the push effect and then applies that effect (the movement).

In my game all battles are 1v1 so for me was easy to check who actor/enemy was receiving the skill effect. I just checked if the current turn was a player turn or an enemy turn (player phase id/enemy phase id in plugin parameters).

If you have multiple actors/enemies in the battle you still have to solve this. You need find a way to check not the actor/enemy id, but the event id that represents that actor/enemy into the battle. Maybe our great @arleq1n could help us with this. Actually, with this the previous step can be avoided.

Once you know the event id from the actor/enemy, you need create a conditional branch for ensure that the pull/push effect works in all enemies/actors.
Captura.PNG
In the image this is what happens:
1-wait 15 frame for delay the moment where the actor/enemy is pulled/pushed after the skill is used.
2-check who is receiving the skill effect.
3-script:
a) create a temporal variable that saves the actor/enemy event id that is receiving the skill effect (just to avoid syntax errors). In my case I'm using the value that I got from Galv's Event Spawner, but if you knows the event id from the player/enemy that is receiving the skill effect, you can save it in this variable directly, avoiding the need for repeat the conditional branch.
b) increase the move speed for that event.
c) move the event in the desired direction. Backward = push, Forward = pull, repeat for each distance step. (all events by default, are looking in the direction of the character that triggers the event).
d) return the move speed for that event to previous value.

Finally just add the effect in the desired skill calling the common event.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arsyloth