YbanezKien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cant get the shape to make a rectangle any tips guy?

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, that's how it works. Actually you can make both push/pull in the same way. I'll explain what I'm doing for make it easier to replicate. but is important to add that I made this for battles with only one actor and one enemy. English is not my first language so I apologize in advance if I write something incorrectly.

First. You need find a way to save in variables the Id events from every actor and enemy. I find that Galv's Event Spawner is just perfect for do that.
View attachment 181774
This image is from an event that:
1-clear all previous spawned/cloned events.
2-fadeout for hide the next event spawn.
3-A switch for prepare the "battle processing" in other event.
4-Spawn/clone actor event in the desired location.
5-Important: Save last spawned event Id into variable 6 (or any variable you chose).
6-Spawn/clone enemy event in the desired location.
7-Important: Save last spawned event Id into variable 7 (or any variable you chose).

You must repeat this until you save a variable for each actor/enemy that take part in the battle.

The next thing to do is create the push skill in a common event. The common event in general terms checks who enemy/actor is receiving the push effect and then applies that effect (the movement).

In my game all battles are 1v1 so for me was easy to check who actor/enemy was receiving the skill effect. I just checked if the current turn was a player turn or an enemy turn (player phase id/enemy phase id in plugin parameters).

If you have multiple actors/enemies in the battle you still have to solve this. You need find a way to check not the actor/enemy id, but the event id that represents that actor/enemy into the battle. Maybe our great @arleq1n could help us with this. Actually, with this the previous step can be avoided.

Once you know the event id from the actor/enemy, you need create a conditional branch for ensure that the pull/push effect works in all enemies/actors.
View attachment 181775
In the image this is what happens:
1-wait 15 frame for delay the moment where the actor/enemy is pulled/pushed after the skill is used.
2-check who is receiving the skill effect.
3-script:
a) create a temporal variable that saves the actor/enemy event id that is receiving the skill effect (just to avoid syntax errors). In my case I'm using the value that I got from Galv's Event Spawner, but if you knows the event id from the player/enemy that is receiving the skill effect, you can save it in this variable directly, avoiding the need for repeat the conditional branch.
b) increase the move speed for that event.
c) move the event in the desired direction. Backward = push, Forward = pull, repeat for each distance step. (all events by default, are looking in the direction of the character that triggers the event).
d) return the move speed for that event to previous value.

Finally just add the effect in the desired skill calling the common event.
Any chance you could turn this into a tutorial vid? :p

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance you could turn this into a tutorial vid? :p
Sorry, I don't have the right equipment/software for make a vid. But I'm working on a set of skills for tactical battle system with help of other plugins. When it's done I can share a demo maybe...

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I don't have the right equipment/software for make a vid. But I'm working on a set of skills for tactical battle system with help of other plugins. When it's done I can share a demo maybe...
That would be dope!

meteomage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have multiple actors/enemies in the battle you still have to solve this. You need find a way to check not the actor/enemy id, but the event id that represents that actor/enemy into the battle. Maybe our great @arleq1n could help us with this. Actually, with this the previous step can be avoided.

Yeah, the plugin knows which event is currently moving and being targeted, so I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to get the event id if you understand all the javascript. Unfortunately, @arleq1n hasn't been seen in over a month.

tiabuni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would it be possible to create a Devil Survivor-like game with this plugin? Essentially, have a traditional turn-based battle system trigger when an unit attacks another in the tactics field?

Stormfruit

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to have combat start on encounter? Like, regular exploring, then this triggers when you encounter enemies, then return to normal exploring after combat ends? I'd love to use this!

coconut2219

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I'm so new I literally created an account to ask this question. By following the instructional video I was able to get the battle to start, but immediately after Battle Start goes away it says "was defeated" then the fight ends. I believe I followed the video to the letter and am at a loss.

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm so new I literally created an account to ask this question. By following the instructional video I was able to get the battle to start, but immediately after Battle Start goes away it says "was defeated" then the fight ends. I believe I followed the video to the letter and am at a loss.
You need both event types, characters and enemies.

gydiwon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the exact same problem, but managed to figure it out on my own. The code seems to have been updated since the video was first made so there's some slight changes.
1. The note tags need to be capitalized (e.g. "Actor" not "actor", "Enemy" not "enemy").
2. The events for Actors and Enemies should use Action Button as the trigger, not Parallel.

Here's what I did.

Create a new map.
On the map, create an event with Parallel trigger.
Add command to event to do Battle Processing with default options.

Create an event for each Actor.
Add tag <Actor:actorId> where actorId is the number representing the actor from the list of game actors. "Actor" must be capitalized.
Trigger for actor should be Action button.

Create an event for each enemy
Add tag <Enemy:enemyId> here enemyId is the number representing the enemy from the enemies list. "Enemy" must be capitalized.
Trigger for enemy should be Action button.

PeterGreenMJ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! i am here for report a bug with the Combat plugin. First when I engage the fight whith the monster. all is normal. but when the fight sequence heve end. the screen freez and there nothing I can do. so... what's wrong, it is me or the plugin?

(the image below is the end of the fight screen where I am stuck.)

Bug Report.PNG

Hermes5585

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
N/A
I do the fight but when it ends he goes back into the fight. How do I get it to end?

I had the exact same problem, but managed to figure it out on my own. The code seems to have been updated since the video was first made so there's some slight changes.
1. The note tags need to be capitalized (e.g. "Actor" not "actor", "Enemy" not "enemy").
2. The events for Actors and Enemies should use Action Button as the trigger, not Parallel.

Here's what I did.

Create a new map.
On the map, create an event with Parallel trigger.
Add command to event to do Battle Processing with default options.

Create an event for each Actor.
Add tag <Actor:actorId> where actorId is the number representing the actor from the list of game actors. "Actor" must be capitalized.
Trigger for actor should be Action button.

Create an event for each enemy
Add tag <Enemy:enemyId> here enemyId is the number representing the enemy from the enemies list. "Enemy" must be capitalized.
Trigger for enemy should be Action button.
thanks for your explanation!
And how do you go back to normal exploration after defeating the enemy?

Diopptazz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I love your plugin, suits my game perfectly. Thing is, I have multiple bugs using it :

First of all : Sometimes, but not always, my actors get duplicated after a battle. It also happens with your demo.
1617900450611.png

Second of all : When I export the game to android and I play it, the touch screen gets all messed up. It's a bug of the Tactics_Mouse.js addon.

(Sorry I can't show it for the time being.)

Third of all : The actors don't get any exp if they defeat the last enemy. It just ends the battle.

Fourth of all : When an actor gets a level up from the "attack" exp, when it hits an enemy, it goes on forever. It doesn't even stop at Lv 99.

PeterGreenMJ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I understood where the bug came from. seeing Diopptaz's recent post, I tried to reduce the monster's mana bar. and it turns out that its worked. so i think the plugin is struggling with max numbers. So an advice to all, avoid putting too large numbers in your statistics.

Diopptazz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I understood where the bug came from. seeing Diopptaz's recent post, I tried to reduce the monster's mana bar. and it turns out that its worked. so i think the plugin is struggling with max numbers. So an advice to all, avoid putting too large numbers in your statistics.
Mana as in special/magical points? The monster only has 25 mp, so I don't think it is really that, I don't really see 25 as a large number...

EDIT : I lowered what the characters needed to level up, and how much exp the enemies give, same effect, albeit no infinite level up. Thank you @PeterGreenMJ for giving me the idea to try this out!

EDIT 2 : I found a fix for the hero duplicate a couple of pages back. That's 2/4 bugs "fixed"!

Last edited:

gydiwon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do the fight but when it ends he goes back into the fight. How do I get it to end?

thanks for your explanation!
And how do you go back to normal exploration after defeating the enemy?

As far as I can tell, you can't use the same map for battle as for exploration. One way you could get around this would be to make an identical copy of the map and then transport the player to the copy after the battle is over.

To transport to another map after the battle is over:
  1. In the event with the Battle Processing command, put the normal transfer player command just after it.
  2. In the destination map, make an autorun or parallel process event and add the Fade In command.

MedicalMuffin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am experince somthing and I don't know how fix it. I am getting the error below saying Sprite undefined. I have the Selector PNG into my Img/System file, and I tried enabling diffrent things, but nothing is working. I don't know what to do.

Attachments

• help.JPG
    help.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
  • here3.JPG
    here3.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 7
  • here4.JPG
    here4.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 7

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am experince somthing and I don't know how fix it. I am getting the error below saying Sprite undefined. I have the Selector PNG into my Img/System file, and I tried enabling diffrent things, but nothing is working. I don't know what to do.
These plugins are for RMMV, you have RMMZ.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Whew, just finished a whirlwind of deadlines. Finally a tiny break. You know...I should go update my 2020 banner now.
image_2021-06-16_153010.png

Why are barrels to difficult? xD I feel like i Barrel...y made it....eh EHHH!? :p
Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noor123