plokr

Level One
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I ported the Tactics System 1.2 from arleq1n from MV to MZ and integrated the teleport extension. You can find a web browser demo on itch.io and a video of some gameplay on Youtube. I put the code on GitHub, the licensing is MIT: free for non-commercial and commercial use as long as the license file is distributed and appropiate credit is given. Please give credit to arleq1n and plokr, if you are using this pluging in your RPG Maker project. You can download download the plugin directly from GitHub. Here you find the demo project as well (TacticsMZ.zip).

Tactics System MZ by plokr based on arleg1n

Introduction
The Tactics System is a tactical battle system for RPG Maker MZ and port of the MV plugin of arelq1n. It contains the basic features to build a tactical rpg.

How to Use
Please see the thread for the MV plugin and learn with the demo (see below).

Plugin Commands / Script Calls
Note Tags (see also @Help in the plugin itself)
  • <Move:int> Defines the movement distance of a unit. Ignores values below 1.
  • <MoveMod:int> Add buff/debuff move for an item/state, accepts negative value (Move Modification)
  • <Aggro:int> Set the distance of action of an enemy.
  • <Range:int> Set the range of an action (in diamond = line)
  • <Range:int int> Set the min and max. range of an action (in diamond)
  • <Range:int int shape> in a shape=[diamond,rectangle,line], min can be zero,
  • <Name:string> Set the name of an event in actor command.
  • <Name:string> Set the name/term of an skill or item in the battle info window
  • <Effect:Teleport> to be used in the note section of a skill to define it as a teleport skill.
Plugin Commands
  • ProcessVictory : Proceed immediately to the victory of the battle.
  • ProcessDefeat : Proceed immediately to the defeat of the battle.
  • SelectorMoveTo x y : Move the selector to position x and y.
  • SelectorTransfer x y : Move immediately the selector to position x and y.
  • SelectorEvent eventId : Move immediately the selector to position at event of eventId.
  • SelectorSave : saves current selector position
  • SelectorRestore : restores to saved selector position
  • SelectorActive on/off : Activate or deactivate selector. A deactived selector is not invisible and the player cannot control it!
  • ClearAll on/off : Activate or desactivate 'clear all' condition victory.
  • BattlerEndAction : Ends the subject's turn.
  • MapClearTiles : clears all map tiles
  • WindowCloseCommand : close command window

Demo
Make an empty MZ project and copy (and overwrite) all file from 'TacticsMZ.zip' into your project folder.

Download
We recommend you use the following websites:

Terms and Credits
MIT License (see License.txt in GitHub), free for commercial and non-commercial uses as long as
the license file is distributed and appropiate credit is given. Please give credit to arleq1n and plokr, if you are using this pluging in your RPG Maker project.

scr.jpg

I ported the plugin to MZ as basis for my further development. I published this version for people who used the MV plugin and want to migrate. The extensions (Tactics_Mouse.js, Tactics.Prepa.js, Tactics_Rewards) are unlikely to work and I won't port them. I try to fix bugs in this version - as long as they are not in the MV plugin. Please note that plugin was design on MV and supports turn-based battle system only.

In addtion, I ported the CombatSystem plugin (Tactics_Combat.js) which shows the Battleground for each of the attacks. Please copy the content of the Combat_System.zip into the demo project folder to update it. Both files are in the GitHub repository.

Now I will have a short break and than I will refactor the code so it will loose downwards compatibility (for extention/plugins/code) but I try to keep the plugin commands and tags as close to this version as possible. I decrepiated <Ts-Parameter>. It will work in this version but future version will only support <MoveMod> note tags. Please see the @Help in the plugin.

Some bugs are fixed which are in the MV plugin.
- ShowBattleStart option/parameter works now
- ShowInformationWindow option/parameter works now
- removed ShowIconState option/parameter, since it was used
- introduced <Name> tag for skills & item for Info text for non-attack/heal/drain effects
- <actor> tag fixed (Actor was invisible)
- fixed: event command 'ShowAnimation' works with 'GameEvent' and 'GamePlayer' as well

Last edited:

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad to see you brought this over to MZ! By any chance are you planning to bring over the combat plugin too? That way it can go into combat phase?

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If not, give me an idea what to look for in the code? I have some JS experience, just not alot. And I'm not super familiar with the JS code in the game software itself

plokr

Level One
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I looked into it and I ported Tactics_Combat.js from MV to MZ as well. You can update the sample project with Combat_System.zip. It is like in original but I fixed a bug and now the combat screen is shown as well, when the enemies are attacking.

Personally, I don't use this extension because it slows down the battle experience too much for my taste. But this is a personal liking. Please accept that I won't further develop or enrich this extension.

To give our an idea what to look for in the code: That isn't so easy since the code is non-linear (object oriented) and there is nothing like single place to look. What I did, was that I run the plugin and used the debugger (F8 key) to inspect where the code breaks (error message). Understood why and esp. what is the difference in MV and MZ and fixed it.
E.g., a common error source is that the constructor call for the window classes changed the parameters (signature) from nothing to 'rect'.

I highly recommend the use of the debugger (see Chrome documentation). I traced the running code to learn about RMMZ jacascript files, their structure and flow. I did so while I was porting this (complex, 5000+ lines) plugin and gained a good overview about the RMMZ engine. Now I can use this knowledge to build my own plugins from scretch.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very nice port of the plugin.

I think the only major feature add I'd like to see is ranged attacks with an AoE, like in Final Fantasy Tactics, where you'd select a target, and see the AoE zone the spell/skill would strike. But otherwise, very solid.

plokr

Level One
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you!
Actually, I plan to implement this feature in the new version, beside position and terrain modificators and (hopefully) battle animations (SV animation on map). I'll post here, when a first, new version is implemented.

Before that, I'm looking into the combat system itself currently. I'd like to change the game mechanics more in the direction of 'classical RPG' (D&D like). There are some MV plugins like Frogboy's MV plugins. They are too sophistcated and universal for my taste and I'm looking into something simpler which is integrated into the standard editor GUI straightforward.

TSUBAKI30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
china
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great job. Seem this is the only TBS plugin port to MZ, not sure leTBS and Srpg can work with FOSSIL or not, or maybe someone already made it I just don't know.

There are a problem I can't fix.Apologizes for my bad english.

after the battle, I've tried transfering to other maps, but the transfering command seems not working, I got a black screen but the game still working, I can open the menu. If battle runs again, all the actor and enemy become invisible, still, not disappear, just invisible.

not sure what I did wrong.

plokr

Level One
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is a fade-out on battle-end. You have to fade-in the screen manually / as next command. I hope that helps.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helenbish