Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The video cannot be watched :kaodes:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes i put the video in private. version 1.2 changes the tags for a better match to RPG Maker MV. you can see the tags on the doc. but in fact the system is used in the same way. I can put the video back if you consider it useful even if it brings confusion.

DragonDancer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup. I hadn't capitalized the T in teleport. That's embarrassing.

DragonDancer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to have the player phase last until "End Turn" is selected? I want players to have possible actions after all the characters have acted. I have rooted through the master thread but I didn't find anything.

Also, is it possible to reactivate a player through plugin commands or something? I was thinking something like a haste ability could give a character another action during same player phase. Again, if I missed this in the other thread, that's on me.

Kerthil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, thank you for this superb pllugin. I was wondering if there was a way to change where the player and enemy sprites and their status bars show up during the combat scene? i looked through the files but I could not find anything that made it obvious. Thank you for support.

Hyperion13122

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello! thank you so much for that amazing plugin! i was wondering : Is there a way to make a sort of knockback effect when using a certain skills or weapon for example ? This would be such an amazing feature !

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to have the player phase last until "End Turn" is selected? I want players to have possible actions after all the characters have acted. I have rooted through the master thread but I didn't find anything.
no but it should not be difficult to add. i will try in the next few days.

Also, is it possible to reactivate a player through plugin commands or something? I was thinking something like a haste ability could give a character another action during same player phase.
same answer as above.

I was wondering if there was a way to change where the player and enemy sprites and their status bars show up during the combat scene?
the windows used in the combat scene are the same as those in the basic system. so look at the Window_TacticsStatus class of Tactics_Basic.js.

i was wondering : Is there a way to make a sort of knockback effect when using a certain skills or weapon for example ?
no even if the move are considered as actions. you should look at this instead: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lecode-tactical-battle-system-0-77-2b.71572/

Hyperion13122

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
no even if the move are considered as actions. you should look at this instead: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lecode-tactical-battle-system-0-77-2b.71572/
Thank you for you quick answer ! in that case i'd like to know if there is a way to identify a specific enemy during battle using script. I'm basically trying to detect if an enemy is affected by a certain state in order to apply the knockback "manually". But i can't figure out the right command, and as the number of enemies is not limited to the usuall 8 of RMMV, i cannot reliably use the features of the editor.
i've tried to put the following code into a conditionnal branch but it doesn't seem to work :
$gameTroopTS.members()[0].isStateAffected(36) === true
I am sorry to bother you with that, i've check the link you shared me, but i really prefer your system for numerous reasons :D

Last edited:

DragonDancer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hank you for you quick answer ! in that case i'd like to know if there is a way to identify a specific enemy during battle using script. I'm basically trying to detect if an enemy is affected by a certain state in order to apply the knockback "manually".
use $gameTroop instead of $gameTroopTs (v.1.2 else $gameTroopTS) because $gameTroop contains the enemies of the current action while $gameTroopTs contains all the enemies of the battle. but you need to iterate the $gameTroop.members() because the targeted enemy is not necessarily at position 0. The script should look like this:

JavaScript:
for (var i = 0; i < $gameTroop.members(); i++) {
    var enemy = $gameTroop.members()[i];
    if (enemy.isStateAffected(36)) {
        // knockback effect
        var event = enemy.event();
        // you can play with (x, y) event of enemy
    }
}
@DragonDancer
i've added a parameter in the manager plugin to automatically end the player's turn. you can set it to false if you want.

on the other hand i can't add the "dance skill" to reactivate a unit. it takes me several hours of work that i can't do.

Hyperion13122

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
use $gameTroop instead of $gameTroopTs (v.1.2 else $gameTroopTS) because $gameTroop contains the enemies of the current action while $gameTroopTs contains all the enemies of the battle. but you need to iterate the $gameTroop.members() because the targeted enemy is not necessarily at position 0. The script should look like this:

JavaScript:
        // knockback effect
    }
}
wow thanks ! i'll be working on this ;)

DragonDancer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

JavaScript:
        // knockback effect
    }
}
@DragonDancer
i've added a parameter in the manager plugin to automatically end the player's turn. you can set it to false if you want.

on the other hand i can't add the "dance skill" to reactivate a unit. it takes me several hours of work that i can't do.
That makes sense! Thanks a lot for all your work again.

CaptainRadish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the idea of this system a lot. I'll see what I can come up with using it.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ever think of adding a range buff/debuff parameter like you have with

<Ts-Parameter:Move int>

unless it is already capable of this.

Also I seem to not have states be applied when using them from like weapons ( i.e. State Rate ).

and....if you are planning anything else, perhaps the option to use battler/charset for status window instead of character face.

Last edited:

FrozenGames

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to have a town map where you can walk freely and interact with NPCs and only have the battle system on other maps? My main char is always hidden and can't move (i guess)
I only can do maps where a battle is active x.x

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to have a town map where you can walk freely and interact with NPCs and only have the battle system on other maps? My main char is always hidden and can't move (i guess)
I only can do maps where a battle is active x.x
You should be able to do that, just don't activate battle on map where you want to walk freely, and interact with NPCs..

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ever think of adding a range buff/debuff parameter like you have with

<Ts-Parameter:Move int>
i don't have much time left for this plugin and adding this feature is going to take me too much time.

Also I seem to not have states be applied when using them from like weapons ( i.e. State Rate ).
thanks for reporting this. it would be fixed in next few days.

and....if you are planning anything else, perhaps the option to use battler/charset for status window instead of character face.
okay! i'll try to add a parameter to display a charset instead of a faceset.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i don't have much time left for this plugin and adding this feature is going to take me too much time.
Aww, dangs would've love that buff/debuff, but still the love the fact you still fix, and add things!

NycoleSilks

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I may be doing something wrong or miss reading the fourm here.. But I remember on one project using this plugin I could switch between "classical" RPG combat and "Tactical" a BattleProcessing: ON/OFF or something like that..

With this new update, is it still a thing or is it just one or the other?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memucan