Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mojo907
i added the choice to set characters image instead of face image in the plugin manager settings. unfortunately I couldn't make it visually nice.

on the other hand states are never applied with weapons even in the vanilla battle system. you have to use the "attack state" parameter for a weapon to inflict a state with the attack skill.

I may be doing something wrong or miss reading the fourm here.. But I remember on one project using this plugin I could switch between "classical" RPG combat and "Tactical" a BattleProcessing: ON/OFF or something like that..

With this new update, is it still a thing or is it just one or the other?
unfortunately i removed it to keep a better quality code and more compatibility with other plugins. before, the two systems coexist but with the 1.2 the tactics battle system replaces the vanilla battle system for more compatibility.

Last edited:

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
on the other hand states are never applied with weapons even in the vanilla battle system. you have to use the "attack state" parameter for a weapon to inflict a state with the attack skill.
That is how i attempted to do it, but anywho.. thanks for update

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is how i attempted to do it, but anywho.. thanks for update
are you sure? because i myself made the mistake of using "state rate" parameter instead of "attack state" parameter which are different. "state rate" parameter works for skills while "attack state" parameter works for weapons when you use the attack skill (as you specified state rate and not attack state in the previous message).

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you sure? because i myself made the mistake of using "state rate" parameter instead of "attack state" parameter which are different. "state rate" parameter works for skills while "attack state" parameter works for weapons when you use the attack skill (as you specified state rate and not attack state in the previous message).
You are correct, i was using the wrong one.

calunio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forgive me for my complete lack of scripting knowledge, but my issue is this:
I'm trying to create a TBS from scratch using mostly events, but some things are difficult if not impossible to do with events, so I'll try and get plugins for them. One of them is highlighting walkable tiles and restricting movement to them. I know complete plugins like this have such feature, but I don't know how to extract that part from the complete plugin.
Would anyone help me? I'll credit the author of the original plugin, of course.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@calunio i think it will be easier to do everything in events. the following article is very well written to create a tactical with events. it's for rpg maker 2003 but it can be translated with a effort for the rpg maker mv/mz.

rafaelleon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Would you be able to add compatibility with Yanflys Doodads plugin? As it stands the Doodads disappear during battle.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rafaelleon i can't. yanfly plugins have been paying for a while. i can't pay 10$ to make a compatibility plugin. sorry!

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find that magic attacks won't give you experience points.
Is there a workaround for this issue?

Other than that, I am amazed by how simple it is to set up the battle.
With few plugins, the gameplay changes dramatically.
Perhaps one of the best plugin I've ever found.
Thank you for making this, tactical battle is my favorite battle system. :D

Edit:
Nevermind, placing exp reward notetag on the skill database solve the issue.
This plugin is beyond perfect!

Last edited:

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a bug.
Whenever a self-targeting skill is used (ie: guard, but can be anything).
A duplicate of the character who use the skill will appear.
Let's say Harold use the guard skill, he'd have a duplicate by the end of battle.
If I open the menu, there'll be 2 Harolds.
Hope it'll be fixed. :D

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make the movement points of enemies and/or actors based off of their agility stat in the 1.1 version of this plugin?

Last edited:

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EpicFILE thank you for reporting this. i think it was fixed some time ago. just download the latest version of Tactics_Basic.js and replace it in your project. keep me informed! i will soon update the demo with the latest version of the system.
Ah, thanks! It works like a charm! :D
The only other problem I've found is no exp from counterattacking. (maybe be because it's an ex-param)
Honestly that's not much of a problem, I can simply disable counterattacking altogether.

I just think it's kinda cool if you can control your counterattacks.
In Front Mission you can choose which weapon to do the counterattacks, based on available range.
It'd be great if you can choose between Attack, Magic, or Skills before the enemy proceeds to attack.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please forgive the slowness, but I've been having some difficulty trying to trigger just the basic battle event, which I was finally able to via a self-switch. But after the battle event activates, I'm unable to do anything else, and also haven't been able to display my CCEX generated character sprite. Is anyone else using this while also using CCEX?

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel Setting up the battle map is very simple.
Make sure you have:
-Battle Processing event (set as parallel)
-Empty enemy event, with <Enemy:x> notetag (set as parallel)
-Empty player event, either with <Start> notetag or <Party:x> notetag (action button event)

It's better to see the downloadable demo project (in the first page) to figure out how it works. :D

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the response, @EpicFILE. I've actually been following the Battle Processing section of the demo, and got the result that I mentioned above. Seems like my inexperience is getting the best of me, since I'm not exactly sure what I'm missing.

UPDATE: After my failed attention to detail when it comes to noticing the "Parallel" event trigger, I made the appropriate changes, including switching <Actor: x> to <Start>, and it actually worked! Now I gotta figure out the sprite issue, and why it crashes after the enemy attacks.

Thanks again, @EpicFILE!

Last edited:

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FYI, seems like the culprit for the crashing was the YEP Battle Engine Core plugin that I forgot to uninstall.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, thanks! It works like a charm! :D
The only other problem I've found is no exp from counterattacking. (maybe be because it's an ex-param)
Honestly that's not much of a problem, I can simply disable counterattacking altogether.

I just think it's kinda cool if you can control your counterattacks.
In Front Mission you can choose which weapon to do the counterattacks, based on available range.
It'd be great if you can choose between Attack, Magic, or Skills before the enemy proceeds to attack
i had written a little plugin that i wrote to simulate the fire emblem counterattack system but i didn't release it because i don't have time to fix the bugs it will cause. give me your feedback on this add-on so that it can maybe one day be released. thanks.

Attachments

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@arleq1n Just wondering, does your TBS plugin use a Fire Emblem style turn order or Speed/Agi-based individual turn order?

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm the very first version used speed/agi-based individual turn order (not released). but i changed along the way to a fire emblem style turn order because there were already LeTBS. (i think people prefer to have two different plugins).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy