Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel
Simply put transfer player below battle processing command (inside the battle processing event). :D

Zayriel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did that, but the game just fades to black.

Zayriel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, so that partially worked. The transfer event occurred, but without my character.

Zayriel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wait, I think I had to change transparency off after turning it on previously.

Thanks once again, @EpicFILE!

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jakane can you send me your project in mp with only the battle map and without the unused assets. it would help me a lot to fix this problem this weekend. thanks!

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this looks absolutely amazing! does it make all maps into battle system or can you have the battle system turn on/off (or have different maps be battle maps and others be walkaround), or anything like that? i will probably give it a try either way once i adjust to MV but just curious!!!!

Bokeh

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know Arleq is still developing this plugin, but I feel like what would take this to the next step is some kind of separate thread where we could create and share skills/spells that wouldn't apply to the typical system. It's awesome that we can create lines, diamonds and boxes. But what about adding knockback, splash damage, specific target points in relation to the actor, dash attacks, etc. Anyone decent with coding who wants to support this should find a way to build up its possibilities while Arleq continues development on the system itself.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this looks absolutely amazing! does it make all maps into battle system or can you have the battle system turn on/off (or have different maps be battle maps and others be walkaround), or anything like that? i will probably give it a try either way once i adjust to MV but just curious!!!!
yes you can create exploration maps and battle maps like in base system. except that the battle needs to proceed in a map.

I know Arleq is still developing this plugin, but I feel like what would take this to the next step is some kind of separate thread where we could create and share skills/spells that wouldn't apply to the typical system. It's awesome that we can create lines, diamonds and boxes. But what about adding knockback, splash damage, specific target points in relation to the actor, dash attacks, etc. Anyone decent with coding who wants to support this should find a way to build up its possibilities while Arleq continues development on the system itself.
there is already a plugin that does it! and it's here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...for-creating-turn-based-strategy-game.110366/

when I started writing this plugin, it didn't exist! it has the same principle as this plugin, i.e. a plugin that can be extended by add-ons written by the community. even if I find my plugin is better written, the srpg engine has much more support from the community and I think it's useless to separate the forces! i continue to fix the bugs that are reported to me but i think that you have to gain by using the srpg engine.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Question before I attempt it, does this work on RPG Maker MZ?

Last edited:

Zombs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: It does work in MZ.

Question I'm using

<Skip Combat:true>

Under all skills, but enemies still show the default looking battle animation in combat. Am I doing something wrong?
I have the same issue. I tried to disable all other plugins and it still occurs so I know it's not compatibility. I'm also using MV so it's not a problem with version difference. The reason I was trying this is because with long range skills (specifically for enemies) it processes the attack before moving the cursor over to the target player so if you give an enemy a long range attack and your character is too far away it won't show the attack. The Tactics Combat plugin fixes this issue, but then we get into the stated problem that <skip combat:true> seems to only work for player skills and not enemy skills.

Aside from this I haven't had any issues and I have to say that it is one of the best plugins I've found. I appreciate you making this.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It doesn't work in MZ but I'm using MV for now. (Hopefully this gets ported to MZ)

Question I'm using

Under all skills, and actors show all animations on the map, but enemies still show the default looking battle animation in combat even tho all the skills have skip combat to true... Am I doing something wrong?

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't work in MZ but I'm using MV for now. (Hopefully this gets ported to MZ)

Question I'm using

Under all skills, and actors show all animations on the map, but enemies still show the default looking battle animation in combat even tho all the skills have skip combat to true... Am I doing something wrong?
The easier way is to turn off tactics_combat plugin

Zombs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if anyone has a solution to this problem I would appreciate it. If not then that's perfectly fine.

I'm not using the battle plugin because I want to have attacks only displayed on the map and as it's previously been stated using the <skip combat: true> doesn't work for enemy attacks.

The issue arises when I try to make a long range attack that could hit a target from across the map. It works fine for the player characters, but if an enemy uses it on an actor that is far away from them (off screen) then the attack is never shown because the attack animation and the attack damage happens before the cursor/camera moves to the target of the attack. It still technically happens and the damage is dealt, but you don't visually see the attack.

like I said if anyone else has had this problem and found a fix for it I would really appreciate it, but if it's not possible to fix this then I can live without super long range abilities.

Aside from this I've had a blast using this plugin.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

i tried it in my setup and it also works for enemies. do you have the latest version available here? if it doesn't work, you can send me your project with only the battle map and removing the unused assets (i have a bad internet). this will help me a lot to reproduce the problem. thank you!

The issue arises when I try to make a long range attack that could hit a target from across the map. It works fine for the player characters, but if an enemy uses it on an actor that is far away from them (off screen) then the attack is never shown because the attack animation and the attack damage happens before the cursor/camera moves to the target of the attack. It still technically happens and the damage is dealt, but you don't visually see the attack.
i have tried to reproduce this behaviour and I get this result:

you don't have the same thing? first try to get the latest version of tactics_basic.js here. if you still have your problem, send me your project with only the battle map and without the unused assets in mp. it would help me a lot!

Last edited:

Zombs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i tried it in my setup and it also works for enemies. do you have the latest version available here? if it doesn't work, you can send me your project with only the battle map and removing the unused assets (i have a bad internet). this will help me a lot to reproduce the problem. thank you!

i have tried to reproduce this behaviour and I get this result:

you don't have the same thing? first try to get the latest version of tactics_basic.js here. if you still have your problem, send me your project with only the battle map and without the unused assets in mp. it would help me a lot!
I thought I had the latest version since I just downloaded this last week. I'm at work now so I will try it with the latest version of the plugin and edit this post with the results later. Another thought I had is I'll try creating this skill in the demo to determine whether or not it's a problem with my game or the plugin. I appreciate the quick reply and am sorry for bothering you.

Edit: I guess I must not have had the latest version. I'm not sure what the problem was exactly, but I got it working now after installing it via the link you provided. The same issue still occurs if the battle plugin is turned off, but after installing that if the battle plugin is on then the <Skip Combat: true> note now works for enemies as well so I can just put that into every skill.

Thanks a lot for your help

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the latest version work on MZ?
i haven't tried it but it's most certainly a no. it needs a significant amount of rewriting to work for mz. this is not being considered at the moment and may never be considered.

Zayriel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to add in more range shapes (great for AoE type of skills)?
  • Block (initially 3x3 square directly in front of player, that can be extended length-wise)
  • Cross (initially 2 spaces N/E/S/W)
  • Saltire (X: initially 1 diagonal space around)
  • Triangle (initially 2 spaces forward/3 spaces across directly in front of player)
Also, this wouldn't exactly be a shape, but how about...
  • Float (initially 3x3 diamond shape 1 space away from player; change the range of the shape)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.
Just got FES pack for my MZ. The details of the tilesets and chars seem not very compatible with MZ rtp. Look like they are scaled up. Not saying it's bad, but just won't fit well.
I've been busy with other things lately but I'm getting back into working on stuff for my game next month. I think I'm going to fiddle with making NPC busts next, mixing and matching stuff from DLC I've purchased.
Just finished composing a boss battle theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeselerfinnole