Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

Shawnt18

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, awesome and easy to use system, love it!

There is a bug with the ExpSystem, when you level up, after the exp bar fills, it disappears and a square window appears. [check the image]

EDIT: Also, the Status window is not updated when the actors level up, it updates only if you select the actor then go back to Status window.

You're able to make AoE skills the way you'd make them normally in the skills database, just choose All Enemies, 2 Random Enemies etc. The animation will play on all the enemies in range and all of them will take damage.

The Tactics Config is actually a Menu, go to Options, you can change there to show the grid, or change the speed of sprites.

I'm no coder, but after removing those 2 code blocks below the first, it let me save the game, the battle works, nothing was messed up. Hope it helps.

JavaScript:
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// DataManager
//
// The static class that manages the database and game objects.

TacticsSystem.DataManager_createGameObjects = DataManager.createGameObjects;
DataManager.createGameObjects = function() {
    $gameSelectorTS = new Game_SelectorTS();
    $gameTroopTS =    new Game_TroopTS();
    $gamePartyTS =    new Game_PartyTS();
    TacticsSystem.DataManager_createGameObjects.call(this);
};

//-------- REMOVE those 2 code blocks below. ----------

TacticsSystem.DataManager_makeSaveContents = DataManager.makeSaveContents;
DataManager.makeSaveContents = function() {
    TacticsSystem.DataManager_makeSaveContents.call(this);
    contents.partyTS = $gamePartyTS;
    contents.troopTS = $gameTroopTS;
    // Need to create a game battle object for save in battle.
    return contents;
};

TacticsSystem.DataManager_extractSaveContents = DataManager.extractSaveContents;
DataManager.extractSaveContents = function(contents) {
    TacticsSystem.DataManager_extractSaveContents.call(this, contents);
    $gamePartyTS = contents.partyTS;
    $gameTroopTS = contents.troopTS;
};

Thanks so much for responding, I'll edit this post and let you know if that works for the save issue.

Cole1942

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I just started working with this and I have a problem how do I end a battle once it's over? Once my characters win the battle by killing all the enemies it just rounds back to restarting the fight but the enemies are invisible now. How do I stop this and have them go back to their original spot?

OLD_NEET

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!
First of thanks for making this plugin. Its amazing!
Secondly, is there a way for me to limit how many moves the player and enemy makes? like say, if the player moves 3 times, his turn is over. Thank you.

Spideycat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After combat with a boss ends I'm trying to transfer the player to a new map but as the screen fades it comes back just to say game over
So I still can't seem to solve this issue, I've having "abort battle" turned on which doesnt solve it, I've tried transfering to other maps, and I've tried turning TS.battleprocessing to OFF from ON. But it keep either having me locked to an empty combat screen (side view combat) or it flashes black and goes to game over. Maybe I'm using some of these plugins incorrectly with the events? But if there is an easy fix to this problem that would be much appreciated!

chrisxiao

Sin
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cole1942 @Spideycat
It's pretty easy actually, the demo is really awful and doesn't explain much.

Here is how it should look like.
DefeatAllEnemies.PNG

CustomCondition.PNG

If you want the chest to be a One Time open, just add a self switch.
OpenChestCondition.PNG

I could make a better demo, if you guys want, though, I wouldn't recommend using this plugin, it is buggy and even if it looks simple to work with, it is limited, and shortly you might want not to use it.

I suggest using SRPG Engine plugin, it has on map battles if you want and many other useful features.

EDIT: No mean intentions here to the plugin creator, I really like this plugin, but it's really not usable in any project, unless you know some JS to fix the things that need to be fixed.

Spideycat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Cole1942 @Spideycat
It's pretty easy actually, the demo is really awful and doesn't explain much.

Here is how it should look like.

If you want the chest to be a One Time open, just add a self switch.
View attachment 138596

I could make a better demo, if you guys want, though, I wouldn't recommend using this plugin, it is buggy and even if it looks simple to work with, it is limited, and shortly you might want not to use it.

I suggest using SRPG Engine plugin, it has on map battles if you want and many other useful features.

EDIT: No mean intentions here to the plugin creator, I really like this plugin, but it's really not usable in any project, unless you know some JS to fix the things that need to be fixed.
Thank you so much for the advice and help with this!

strik156

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French, English
Primarily Uses
Hello ! It is possible to create an "Trap Skill" ? Like it was possible with LeCode (start from 1:04). Thanks !

dirtracer199

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, new developer here. Trying to get this awesome plugin to work, but whenever I try and trigger a battle, the game crashes with and error reading "undefined is not a function." After trial and error I found that it is coming from the Plugin Command: Ts.battleProcessing On line in one of the events tucked in the top left corner. When I turn that line off, it loads but goes to a standard side-view battle. But like I said, when I turn it on, the battle music starts and the game crashes.

I even copied the events straight from the demo and they still didn't work, same error.

Hope someone can help me! Really love this plugin.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
patch note 1.1:
  • demo update to 1.1
  • adds auto battle
  • review of the exp gain system
    • new display with more information
    • press to skip window
    • add formula to gain exp when attack no kill
  • adds confusion moves
  • plugin command to end a character turn (TS.actorTurnEnd)
  • fix move selector when map window (without MouseSystem.js)
  • remove empty window when actor level-up
  • remove button trigger when empty event
  • undefined term for start battle in battle preparation
  • fix game troop index target
  • fix can move after open chest
  • fix turn toward character and color actor while enemy phase
  • battle map window first in battle preparation
  • fix enemy not alive appear when change scene
  • fix blue tiles when cancel move
  • fix event transparence with reinforcement
  • fix crash when event is empty by condition
  • fix tags with spaces
  • fix save issue

a list of tacticals script for rpg maker mv if this one is too buggy:

Flame_404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, first I'm a poor french with a bad english, so forgive me for all my false worlds. Okay then, i try to find a compatibility plugin for animated sv enemis, i tried a lot of them, but i dont find it. Next the plugin ( and only this plugin ) tactic system doesnt let me save ingame. Thx for all help ! Edit * i see the version 1.1 is supposed fixed the save issue and i will try soon

Flame_404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi ! First if you see 2 post by me just ignore the first, idk why he has just disapear. I'm a poor french so i'm sorry for my bad language. Okay then, i have 2 probleme ;1587735403477.png
I cant modifiy this menu by the plugin.
Next, i try to find a animated sv battler plugin with compatibility with the tactic systeme. i tryed a lot of them but no one work exect Himework and it doesnt work fine. Thanks for all your help.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cant modifiy this menu by the plugin.
hi! i would add for 1.2 a way to set the terms in another language.

for all of them, give me scripts that don't currently work and you want them to be compatible with the system. for now I'm just adding "Sideview Actor Enemies" by HimeWorks. i can't promise anything. i'll just see if it's easy to make the needed changes.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im happy to see that this TBS-Projekt isnt dead,it was the one i prefferd but couldnt use before and now im allready to far with the SRPG. Perhaps there are even Plugin compatibletys betwen both,but even if not i really hope this Projekt here goes on ,cos i plan to try it again on another Game-Projekt.

Andhika

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the plugin and it says "undefined is not function". What I need to do? Somebody please help me

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, new developer here. Trying to get this awesome plugin to work, but whenever I try and trigger a battle, the game crashes with and error reading "undefined is not a function." After trial and error I found that it is coming from the Plugin Command: Ts.battleProcessing On line in one of the events tucked in the top left corner. When I turn that line off, it loads but goes to a standard side-view battle. But like I said, when I turn it on, the battle music starts and the game crashes.

I even copied the events straight from the demo and they still didn't work, same error.

Hope someone can help me! Really love this plugin.
Do you have "on" completely capitalized?
Should be 'Ts.battleProcessing ON'

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have "on" completely capitalized?
Should be 'Ts.battleProcessing ON'
in fact, there is useless to use the command plugin "TS.battleProcessing ON" because it is enabled by default. it's just for those who want to turn it off to use the vanilla battle system.

Thats the same to me. I still wonder want to know whats wrong
if you have the same problem, send in mp your project (less than 100 mo please!).
so I can figured it out, thanks.

FrostyFitz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

This plugin is awesome so far. I have tried searching for the answer to my question in the forums but cant come across an answer yet. What I would like to do is essentially have a random encounter on a map trigger a tactical battle. I was thinking I can somehow set up events that check a random variable, and if in a certain range transfer the character to a battle arena. However, I can't figure out if its possible to randomly generate enemies in the battle, rather than have them set ahead of time. Is this something that can be done?

Thanks so much!

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

This plugin is awesome so far. I have tried searching for the answer to my question in the forums but cant come across an answer yet. What I would like to do is essentially have a random encounter on a map trigger a tactical battle. I was thinking I can somehow set up events that check a random variable, and if in a certain range transfer the character to a battle arena. However, I can't figure out if its possible to randomly generate enemies in the battle, rather than have them set ahead of time. Is this something that can be done?

Thanks so much!
hi! there is no easy way to do this to create random enemies. because the enemy is created from the note of event and isn't accessible via command (so the best solution is to create a plugin command in js to access it). also, the biggest problem is that an enemy isn't bind to its image in the game map.

an unverified temporary solution with script command of events:

JavaScript:
var eventId = 1; // event id of enemy to be created randomly
var enemyId = $gameVariables.value(1); // use variable of id 1 to define enemy id
var event = $gameMap.events()[eventId];  // get event of enemy
event.events()[eventId].event().meta = '<actor:'+enemyId+'>'; // set the note of event
var enemy = $dataEnemies[enemyId]; // get enemy data
var characterName = enemy.meta['characterName']; // get character name of image
var characterIndex = parseInt(enemy.meta['characterIndex']); // get index of image
event.setImage(characterName, characterIndex); // set the right image of event
first, generate a random number that you set in variable (variable of id 1 above). before each battle and for each enemy. you need to define <characterName:string> and <characterIndex:int> in database note for bind enemy to his image.
it's the easiest solution i think until someone develops a special command for it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne