Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Beautiful work on the tactics system, arleqin; I've been experimenting with it all day.

I've a question: when I'm using Yanfly's 'Party System' plugin, when the characters go into SV, it starts displaying (or attempting) to display the other characters in the party/not displaying the player.

I've worked around with the placement of the plugins and the code and I think the issue is the party extension factor of the YFLY plugin. I'm still on the MV default 4 members so there's no "parameter issue" etc., but either I can't get the SV to display the single character, or depending on what I edit off of YFLY's code, the SV displays properly but the "Formation" screen won't.

I capped the script error when I had the plugins in a mixed order during debugging just encase it shows the actual .js problem, though that could be nothing. Also included is a cap of the graphic error in game.

Thanks again for providing the plugin and the additional community support in the thread. Any chance you can help here?

Attachments

FrostyFitz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi! there is no easy way to do this to create random enemies. because the enemy is created from the note of event and isn't accessible via command (so the best solution is to create a plugin command in js to access it). also, the biggest problem is that an enemy isn't bind to its image in the game map.

an unverified temporary solution with script command of events:

JavaScript:
var eventId = 1; // event id of enemy to be created randomly
var enemyId = $gameVariables.value(1); // use variable of id 1 to define enemy id
var event = $gameMap.events()[eventId];  // get event of enemy
event.events()[eventId].event().meta = '<actor:'+enemyId+'>'; // set the note of event
var enemy = $dataEnemies[enemyId]; // get enemy data
var characterName = enemy.meta['characterName']; // get character name of image
var characterIndex = parseInt(enemy.meta['characterIndex']); // get index of image
event.setImage(characterName, characterIndex); // set the right image of event
first, generate a random number that you set in variable (variable of id 1 above). before each battle and for each enemy. you need to define <characterName:string> and <characterIndex:int> in database note for bind enemy to his image.
it's the easiest solution i think until someone develops a special command for it.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply! I actually started doing something similar, but I was trying to manipulate the BattleManagerTS.addGameEnemy function directly which i think caused some issues. I was able to cause 1 enemy to be randomly generated, but adding any more than that caused param null errors for some reason. I will implement this suggestion and post the results.

Thanks again for the great add on - I am really enjoying this. My background is mostly Unreal Engine 4 and 3D, but I have been playing a lot of old school RPGs lately, and got RMMV on sale on steam, so I figured I would give it a go. And I am glad I did.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've a question: when I'm using Yanfly's 'Party System' plugin, when the characters go into SV, it starts displaying (or attempting) to display the other characters in the party/not displaying the player.
i wrote a little script that's supposed to fix the few compatibility issues. i haven't tried it in every use case, so give me update. also, what are the crucial features that are missing compared to the srpg engine if you've used it. it would help me with future updates. thanks.

order in the plugin manager:
TacticsSystem.js > BattlePreparation.js > YEP_PartySystem > YEP_PartySystemPatch

I actually started doing something similar, but I was trying to manipulate the BattleManagerTS.addGameEnemy function directly which i think caused some issues. I was able to cause 1 enemy to be randomly generated, but adding any more than that caused param null errors for some reason.
i had experimented a while ago with a random generation of enemies on the map with BattleManagerTS.addGameEnemy. but finally I preferred to build the maps by hand. I'll make it available if I find this old script. rpg maker doesn't like to create events dynamically. it's better to create the events by hand and let javascript take care of the rest.

Attachments

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i wrote a little script that's supposed to fix the few compatibility issues. i haven't tried it in every use case, so give me update. also, what are the crucial features that are missing compared to the srpg engine if you've used it. it would help me with future updates. thanks.
I'm just setting up another map to test it again now. I started experimenting around with SRPG again yesterday, just finding which system I prefer.

To be honest, I'm ideally looking for a system which allows the player to wander round the map and enter and leave a tactical "state" at will. My only issue with both systems so far is the need for either an entire different map for a single encounter, or only one encounter on a single map.

Playing around with both systems (with what little scripting knowledge I have), I've been able to better replicate what I want with SRPG so far, as the need for TS to have "troops" set up and I'd be playing with constant variables to calculate on-the-fly how many enemies have been slain per encounter compared to how many need to be so the game knows when the run the battle end script etc.

I'll have another little play with TS for now, see if I'm better able to get what I want from it today.

Thanks for the 'PartySystemPatch', I'll fire it up and and check the results.

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will point out one of the ease-of-use details TS has over SRPG: a fluid exploration-to-combat mode can be initiated on TS that incorporates your selected team members, so they can go from following you on the map to entering TS on the same map flawlessly, without any awkward position changes etc., whereas SPRG--from what I can tell--drags the defining code of the player party events when the game is initiated, meaning custom player created characters in-game aren't acknowledged/represented in SRPG's battle walking sprites.

The more poignant point I was trying to cover last night, you can't have the events that represent your party in combat follow you around on the SRPG map without it breaking their movement in combat, no matter how many alternate switches etc. are set on or off to define it.

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there ! i just wanna ask if how can i create a skill using this platform ?? i mean what if i would like to have a skill that can stun the enemy or how can i create a skill that can make an area effect? pls help me guys thanks in advance

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there ! i just wanna ask if how can i create a skill using this platform ?? i mean what if i would like to have a skill that can stun the enemy or how can i create a skill that can make an area effect? pls help me guys thanks in advance
hi! you can create skills in the database as default. normally the states are functional, just specify that the skill adds the state stun in the effects section. you can specify the scope of a skill with <range: diamond 2> (distance of 2) in the note section of a skill.

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank u so much sir but i already done it. now what i want to know is how can i create a skill that can damage enemies near by or should i say "area effect skill " and also how can i create a skill that will knock back the target hero. thanks in advance

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank u so much sir but i already done it. now what i want to know is how can i create a skill that can damage enemies near by or should i say "area effect skill " and also how can i create a skill that will knock back the target hero. thanks in advance
apology for my misunderstanding. no it's not possible to make an area effect skill and knock back the target. it's not difficult to create a script to add this features but I don't have the time and as i'm the only to bring add-ons to system so i think it's compromised.

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i asked this earlier, but is there a way to make it so attacks only deal damage in the direction the user is facing? it makes no sense for a single flamethrower attack to deal damage in all directions at once when it should only be in one.

EDIT: Also, what is THIS?
Screenshot from 2020-05-13 17-37-31.png

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i asked this earlier, but is there a way to make it so attacks only deal damage in the direction the user is facing? it makes no sense for a single flamethrower attack to deal damage in all directions at once when it should only be in one.
no, that's not possible at the moment. i will add this to my to-do list. for your error, can you tell me how to reproduce this and copy/paste the console error message (f8 during game testing) or send me your project in pm (less than 100 mo please). thank you.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i can't say how to reproduce it, as i'm really bad at explaining, but here are the event pages and the console message.
Screenshot from 2020-05-14 13-31-30.pngScreenshot from 2020-05-14 13-31-41.pngScreenshot from 2020-05-14 13-32-22.png

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i can't say how to reproduce it, as i'm really bad at explaining, but here are the event pages and the console message.
it seems that the log window isn't created at scene initialization but I can't reproduce the error. can you tell me the order of the plugins and if you use extra plugins. also be careful not to use the range of variables id between 1 and 4 because it is used by the system (you can change this in the plugin settings)

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oops, i was using variable 4...

Den_C

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Thank you for the update. It's really great. Have you had a moment to check out the issue with <mvp:int>? It does work with actors and enemies but doesn’t work with classes. I have checked it on a clean new project with no other plugins.

2. One more thing. It is possible to make it compatible with Yanfly’s Main Menu Manager? As for now, everything that was added to the main menu through the Main Menu Manager appears in the tactical battle menu as well.

Last edited:

Enviona

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
First off: Beautiful script and thank you so much for sharing this with us.
It definitely has a lot of implications and I am excited to use this in a few different projects!

I just have a question and I'm sure it has been answered, however, I haven't been able to find the answer nor figure it out.

Is it possible to make spells act as buffs/debuffs that either increase or restrict the range of movements or even eliminate a unit's ability to move, entirely? Like a Root or a Snare spell?
Something that could reduce the tiles an enemy movement can move by X for Y amount of turns.

I also am curious about targetted AoE spells. I can make something hit all enemies, but that will hit everything in the spell's range - Is it possible to make a spell only hit the Target and anything that is within X tiles of the Target, rather than the spells entire range?

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Thank you for the update. It's really great. Have you had a moment to check out the issue with <mvp:int>? It does work with actors and enemies but doesn’t work with classes. I have checked it on a clean new project with no other plugins.
i fixed that in github. thanks.

2. One more thing. It is possible to make it compatible with Yanfly’s Main Menu Manager? As for now, everything that was added to the main menu through the Main Menu Manager appears in the tactical battle menu as well.
yes I think it's possible but unfortunately i don't have time for that anymore (a lot of work at the moment).

Is it possible to make spells act as buffs/debuffs that either increase or restrict the range of movements or even eliminate a unit's ability to move, entirely? Like a Root or a Snare spell?
Something that could reduce the tiles an enemy movement can move by X for Y amount of turns.
hi, it's under development! i think this feature will be present for 1.2. i'd like to make the move point look like a "Ts-parameter" in the traits. so i think it will be possible to buff the move point for amount of turns with the states.

I also am curious about targetted AoE spells. I can make something hit all enemies, but that will hit everything in the spell's range - Is it possible to make a spell only hit the Target and anything that is within X tiles of the Target, rather than the spells entire range?
it's in my list but i'm definitely thinking about abort it. it takes a lot of time to implement aoe spells and i don't need it in my game. i can only advise you to look at other tactical battle system for rpg maker mv :

Squall363

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi not sure if this has been noted but cant find any info about it. Seems YEP_CoreEngine stops on screen animations with Tactics System 1.1 when you use a skill, not sure if there is a work around or something i can do to fix it?

QuietPenguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin! I'm going to use it in a project I'm working on.

Is there an easy way to disable the "nearby units appear in combat scene" feature? I like the idea in theory but, for whatever reason, in practice it is a little hard to tell that that is deliberate (as opposed to a bug). So I'd like to just have 1-on-1 combat scenes, if possible. Thanks!

Squall363

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I managed to fix the issue. It was YEP_CoreEngine Lines 2753-2774. I deleted these lines from Yep_CoreEngine and now it works. Not sure if there is a better way or not.

//=============================================================================
// Window_BattleLog
//=============================================================================

Window_BattleLog.prototype.showNormalAnimation = function(targets,
animationId, mirror) {
var animation = $dataAnimations[animationId];
if (animation) {
if (animation.position === 3) {
targets.forEach(function(target) {
target.startAnimation(animationId, mirror, 0);
});
} else {
var delay = this.animationBaseDelay();
var nextDelay = this.animationNextDelay();
targets.forEach(function(target) {
target.startAnimation(animationId, mirror, delay);
delay += nextDelay;
});
}
}
};

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidtech