Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin! I'm going to use it in a project I'm working on.

Is there an easy way to disable the "nearby units appear in combat scene" feature? I like the idea in theory but, for whatever reason, in practice it is a little hard to tell that that is deliberate (as opposed to a bug). So I'd like to just have 1-on-1 combat scenes, if possible. Thanks!
at the beginning it was a bug that stayed because it looked like a form of support (for a next add-on maybe). i wrote that the actors and enemies that appear are the ones present in the action range. i'm going try to send you a little script that appears only the subject and the targets when i have more time.

I managed to fix the issue. It was YEP_CoreEngine Lines 2753-2774. I deleted these lines from Yep_CoreEngine and now it works. Not sure if there is a better way or not.
it seems to me that you can set in this order to make it work: TacticsSystem.js > YEP_CoreEngine.js > CombatScene.js

QuietPenguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
at the beginning it was a bug that stayed because it looked like a form of support (for a next add-on maybe). i wrote that the actors and enemies that appear are the ones present in the action range. i'm going try to send you a little script that appears only the subject and the targets when i have more time.
That's awesome -- very much appreciated. Thank you for the great plugin!

Squall363

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it seems to me that you can set in this order to make it work: TacticsSystem.js > YEP_CoreEngine.js > CombatScene.js
Thank you!!!

Now if there was only a way to fix the screen from shaking and mouse becoming unusable due to a change in game resolution from 816x624 to anything higher like 1280x720.

I really love your Plugin its awesome :kaoluv:.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now if there was only a way to fix the screen from shaking and mouse becoming unusable due to a change in game resolution from 816x624 to anything higher like 1280x720.
try to replace the following code (untested) in TacticsSystem.js. this will be fixed for 1.2 if it works. also it may have some display problems with SceneCombat.js

JavaScript:
TacticsSystem.Game_Map_updateScroll = Game_Map.prototype.updateScroll;
Game_Map.prototype.updateScroll = function() {
    if (this.isDestinationValid()) {
        var x = Math.max(this._displayX, 0);
        var y = Math.max(this._displayY, 0);
        if (y < this._destinationY) {
            var d = Math.min(this._destinationY - y, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollDown(d);
        }
        if (x > this._destinationX) {
            var d = Math.min(x - this._destinationX, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollLeft(d);
        }
        if (x < this._destinationX) {
            var d = Math.min(this._destinationX - x, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollRight(d);
        }
        if (y > this._destinationY) {
            var d = Math.min(y - this._destinationY, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollUp(d);
        }
        if (x === this._destinationX && y === this._destinationY) {
            this.clearDestination();
        }
    } else {
        TacticsSystem.Game_Map_updateScroll.call(this);
    }
};

Squall363

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
try to replace the following code (untested) in TacticsSystem.js. this will be fixed for 1.2 if it works. also it may have some display problems with SceneCombat.js

JavaScript:
TacticsSystem.Game_Map_updateScroll = Game_Map.prototype.updateScroll;
Game_Map.prototype.updateScroll = function() {
    if (this.isDestinationValid()) {
        var x = Math.max(this._displayX, 0);
        var y = Math.max(this._displayY, 0);
        if (y < this._destinationY) {
            var d = Math.min(this._destinationY - y, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollDown(d);
        }
        if (x > this._destinationX) {
            var d = Math.min(x - this._destinationX, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollLeft(d);
        }
        if (x < this._destinationX) {
            var d = Math.min(this._destinationX - x, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollRight(d);
        }
        if (y > this._destinationY) {
            var d = Math.min(y - this._destinationY, this.scrollDistance());
            $gameMap.scrollUp(d);
        }
        if (x === this._destinationX && y === this._destinationY) {
            this.clearDestination();
        }
    } else {
        TacticsSystem.Game_Map_updateScroll.call(this);
    }
};

I did as instructed and teseted it in 1280x720. Worked perfectly. You are awesome :kaoluv:

Last edited:

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello, first i wanna say thank you for this. you are appreciated. I wanted to ask if it was possible to have custom animations play for attacks and magic casting and such for characters and enemies?

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello, first i wanna say thank you for this. you are appreciated. I wanted to ask if it was possible to have custom animations play for attacks and magic casting and such for characters and enemies?
hi and thanks! no this isn't possible. you must extend the Sprite_BattlerTs class to create animations with javascript. rpg maker mv doesn't implement a method to play animations of event.

SmolSorceress

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi! Love this script a lot, I've been playing around with it the past day or so.

I think I ran into a bug? or maybe I'm not using it right. Whenever my party wins the battle, I get a game over screen. Is there something I'm missing? Let me know if I should post most information!
blip.png
notes: Battle processing is 3 bandits, which have all been placed on the map alongside party. Battle is able to run smoothly & normally until win condition has been met. It then says that the party has won, but then goes to the game over screen.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Love this script a lot, I've been playing around with it the past day or so.

I think I ran into a bug? or maybe I'm not using it right. Whenever my party wins the battle, I get a game over screen. Is there something I'm missing? Let me know if I should post most information!
hi! i've never encountered this problem before... do you use other plugins outside the system and its add-ons? deactivate all and check if yes. i notice you set TS.clearALL in event instead of TS.clearAll. but that won't solve the problem. besides the condition of clear all is enabled by default so it's useless.

also download the latest version of the system. old ones had a lot of problems.

else if you don't mind, you can also send me your project with just the battle map and without all unused assets as a private message. thanks.

i currently have time to write 1.2 that change a lot of things. you can see commits in github [branch 1.2]. I'm finally gonna update also the combat scene for 1.2.

SmolSorceress

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hi! i've never encountered this problem before... do you use other plugins outside the system and its add-ons? deactivate all and check if yes. i notice you set TS.clearALL in event instead of TS.clearAll. but that won't solve the problem. besides the condition of clear all is enabled by default so it's useless.

also download the latest version of the system. old ones had a lot of problems.

else if you don't mind, you can also send me your project with just the battle map and without all unused assets as a private message. thanks.

i currently have time to write 1.2 that change a lot of things. you can see commits in github [branch 1.2]. I'm finally gonna update also the combat scene for 1.2.
Hmm tried your suggestions. (took out all plugins unrelated to tactic system, updated script) It doesn't seem to change anything.
I'll send you the project file! Thanks a bunch :yhappy:

huoixn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, tactics system is the most perfect war chess plug-in we have seen so far. It's great, but I have several questions:
1. Now it can show the number of turns? For example, new enemies appear in the third round.
2. I want to make localized works. What English content do I need to modify? Make it the language I need?
3. Investigate nearby boxes or articles, activate the event and stop fighting

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, tactics system is the most perfect war chess plug-in we have seen so far. It's great, but I have several questions:
1. Now it can show the number of turns? For example, new enemies appear in the third round.
2. I want to make localized works. What English content do I need to modify? Make it the language I need?
3. Investigate nearby boxes or articles, activate the event and stop fighting
hi!
1. Yes you can with events. You can use event of map but it's more easy with battle condition of game troop. example by images.
Capture d’écran 2020-05-31 à 11.17.48.png
Capture d’écran 2020-05-31 à 11.18.30.png

Note: The \V[4] is the variable of turn count per default. in the second image, it's the 2nd turn of the battle. For reinforcement, just set condition variable turn count > 2 of enemy's event.

2. all english terms of tactics system is in the plugin manager. others english terms can to be set in terms section of database. you can let me know if i've forgotten any terms.
Capture d’écran 2020-05-31 à 11.20.53.png

3. if you want stop battle processing you can use plugin command TS.battleWin (TacticsSystem.ProcessVictory in 1.2) or TS.battleLose (TacticsSystem.ProcessDefeat in 1.2). but you can't just stop the battle processing without state of battle (maybe escape in the next version).

Last edited:

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, i saw in the demo that there was a battle that did not transition into the side view or vanilla battle. It was just on the same map. how do you set that?

Squall363

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, i saw in the demo that there was a battle that did not transition into the side view or vanilla battle. It was just on the same map. how do you set that?
You can turn off the CombatScene Plugin and that will allow you to battle without side view animation.

itaznorb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
PT BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello there, is there any command to add a new battle in the middle of combat? i was trying to make a summoning ability and i need know this to make it work

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible for me to get help with this to. I to don't like the multiple actors in battle thing. Really awesome plugins though. I like how smooth everything feels. Are you taking any requests for features? Commissions? ect.

I would like the support option if it allowed your current in battle support members to attack with you or something if they are the correct support. If not then they don't show at all. This would be cool. Something like that anyway.

*Edit for the level up experience bar, maybe consider adding a sound effect to it. I'm not sure if its just me but it like bugs me for some reason haha

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your reply. I will use your plug-in in my project. I've seen other game plugins before. It has a range kill spell. Maybe you can refer to it.
thanks, what do you mean by range kill spell. if it's area of effect, unfortunately i have no time to implement this in the system.

hello there, is there any command to add a new battle in the middle of combat? i was trying to make a summoning ability and i need know this to make it work
hi! no it's not possible for the moment. i may suggest that you look at other tactical combat plugins in this forum that may be better suited to your needs.

Would it be possible for me to get help with this to. I to don't like the multiple actors in battle thing.
finally this should be updated with the 1.2. there will also be the possibility to define the battlebacks with region id. and deactivate the combat scene for some skills/items with tag command in database.

Really awesome plugins though. I like how smooth everything feels. Are you taking any requests for features? Commissions? ect.

I would like the support option if it allowed your current in battle support members to attack with you or something if they are the correct support. If not then they don't show at all. This would be cool. Something like that anyway.
you can always suggest features that you feel are basic to the system. here some basic system features that are in my list:
  • improve intelligence artificial;
  • trigger event touch player of unit;
  • follow move path with arrow;
  • buff move points (in 1.2).
for "gameplay system" like "support between units", "ally turn", "area of effect", "summoning ability" and others I add them in the list of add-ons which are not a priority. i would have appreciate to write an add-on support or you can improve the relationship of the units like in fire emblem but maybe for later. i am open to commissions for tactics system but only when the whole list of basic features have been implemented.

*Edit for the level up experience bar, maybe consider adding a sound effect to it. I'm not sure if its just me but it like bugs me for some reason haha
it should be updated later (also add the level-up window and others) but before i stop.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
finally this should be updated with the 1.2. there will also be the possibility to define the battlebacks with region id. and deactivate the combat scene for some skills/items with tag command in database.
Okay sounds great! The battleback region id thing would be good for sure. I really wanted to use this system in a new project idea. However, sadly it could not work with yanflys battle engine and enemy side view battlers. If it could work with those so the enemy can attack as side view character too, that would be the game changer for me! :)

Anyways, I know it can be tough to do these things on your free time and what not so I don't expect anything, only appreciate what you have done so far! Thank you sir.

NesliK

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! :kaohi:

First off sorry if this has already been reported.

I've been testing and playing around with the system for a few days now, and I encoutered some compatibility problems with some of the Yanfly's plugins, more especifically YEP_BattleEngineCore.

This but for every possible action.
Capturar.PNG
Capturar.PNG

Disabling battle core makes everything function normally.

Another error I encountered was when I tried to use VE_BattleMotions alongside CombatScene. The battle motions are properly set up (They function normaly when TaticsSystem is turned off) but otherwise crash when all of them are together.

When using a buff skill:
Capturar.PNG

When selecting "Defend"
Capturar.PNG

It might be a load order error or me messing up somewhere, probally me messing up :kaoswt:, but I figured that it was important enough to post here.

Since it might help, these are my current plugins:
Capturar.PNG

Thank you for this script, it already helped me a lot making this game that I've wanted to for a while.
Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unidadind